Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
I inwardly vow that I'll never ever do that again, but I'm the person who just can't seem to can't ignore that word "help". Maybe it's me who needs help, someone teach me how to say no. ��
I seen some really top hardcore player that get bombarded with pms for help.. he would show me the mail messages for help and even friend requests that just lead to begging for help only. It's more crazy during double exp because there's sets of folks.. not just one or two.. there would be another 3 players waiting till he's done helping others just to be in line.. and he wouldn't get anything done for himself but that's the sacrifice he would take and that's the worst part about having such a good heart for others. I guess it seems like after he realized that they only used him.. the top hardcore guy would decline them respectfully and move on with his own thing but the folks that asked for help begin to hate him because he respectfully declined. I've seen it first hand which is by far the scariest part.
It's true that some folks will just use you and not appreciate the time you spent for them.. it's so shameful.

but I seen him using this line lately and it works great for him

What he would do is.. he would look at the stats and he will say you're decent enough to solo but if it's someone who's genuinely a noob, then he would help by giving a item or two and that's about it. nothing more and nothing less.
if they keep asking for help.. then he would say, I'm busy atm working on my own char I'm not really obligated to help you but try to ask your guild.
and if they do it the third time and again he would say
I'm not obligated to help you, it's my account and I control it, not you. Sorry noty. Please join a guild and seek the loyalty of someone that will help you because I'm busy atm.

after that line he wouldn't respond to anything and just move on continuing to play with his guild and spouse and play the game. That's what I witnessed that seems to work so far.

Don't give away your precious time to those that don't appreciate your time and assistance sis <3