Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    I can't help myself from helping though. It's usually happens when I'm on my low level in travellers ( by the way, why isn't there a pub in Travellers? I mean, after the long journey through the goldmine...) anyway, I see it, someone says, "help!". Then it gets louder and more urgent and sort of with a pleading that I just can't ignore. "Please can someone help me?", they cry.
    Quick as a flash I switch to my main, look in the open chat and party the poor soul.
    Big mistake, off we go, through all the maps to Nordr and beyond.
    It doesn't end there. Through our journey I start gifting them with pets, gears, ankhs, a starter house and sometimes vanities. By the time we get to underhul, oh I hate that map, the hibiscus quest is so difficult to explain to new players, I have headache and I'm sweating, my battery is getting lower and I'm thinking of excuses to go but by then they just keep going.....to festerfang and I'm beginning to dislike the person I'm helping and feeling resentment because they've stopped thanking me and are now treating me as their personal slave.
    Sometimes STS have come to my rescue, and broadcasted and update. Oh the relief, I can say bye, "best to go now, we will be disconnected", I type. Then take I my leave after lots of "take cares" and "Cya laters", I inwardly vow that I'll never ever do that again, but I'm the person who just can't seem to can't ignore that word "help". Maybe it's me who needs help, someone teach me how to say no. 🥺
    From personal experience, never give them anything, the only thing I give are elixirs of experience, when faced with any request, I ignored them because before you helped a lot and they left the guild, it is very rare that they appreciate the help nowadays, they need to suffer this generation, they want everything for free

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Activista For This Useful Post: