Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Skill Revamp - Phase II: "Perks" - More Choices, More Power from Skill Upgrades!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skills revamp 1.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	786.2 KB 
ID:	265337

So my initial thought was as I've given the example (p = Perk) it didn't make sense to have a 3rd collom as you would have to activate your upgrade to be able to select the perk

It wasn't until I started to add text to the image I noticed the icons for the upgrades are different sizes with the center ones being slightly larger (perks on the left and right)

Maybe something up for a vote but in my opinion at least would seem to flow better going from left-right or seeing as it is still in development perhaps different icons completely from the upgrades themselves to make it more distinguishable

Looking forward to messing around with the skills after all these years of using the same 2/3 different sets (PvE, Honor & Outpost) XD

Stay blessed

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skills revamp 2.png 
Views:	155 
Size:	275.7 KB 
ID:	265338
    Thanks so much for the effort!

My visualization for this is meant to reinforce that Perks are exclusive choices. Putting the upgrade in the middle and the Perks on either side is intended to communicate this exclusivity - whereas having them set up as Upgrade - Perk1 - Perk2 seems to indicate that you can have both and/or that you need Perk1 to unlock Perk2.

Nevertheless, I look forward to running your mockup by the team for their comments. Thanks again!!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squlo View Post
    Yeah agreed with that also I feel like it's more aesthetic when split left and right and the main upgrade on the middle. When you turn the order from left to right perks probably gonna make people feel like the last perk is probably the most useful one (you know since it's the last upgrade it looks like so) might cause trouble here for the beginners especially.
    Thats actually a really good point made about the last perk on the giving the impression that it would mean might be better one! thank you for the perspective, never actually crossed my mind thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Thanks so much for the effort!

My visualization for this is meant to reinforce that Perks are exclusive choices. Putting the upgrade in the middle and the Perks on either side is intended to communicate this exclusivity - whereas having them set up as Upgrade - Perk1 - Perk2 seems to indicate that you can have both and/or that you need Perk1 to unlock Perk2.

Nevertheless, I look forward to running your mockup by the team for their comments. Thanks again!!
    My pleasure, and thank you for getting back to us all!

But with Squlo`s post and your explanation, Im converted to the idea of the Skills being in the middle with the different perks on either side.

I appreciate it would also be a little more work to do, but having new icons to make the individual perks more distinctive than the Skills would compliment the work put into the new perks and make it that much sweeter as eye candy XD

Stay Blessed

1 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post: