Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Skill Revamp - Phase II: "Perks" - More Choices, More Power from Skill Upgrades!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Boss damage on rogues health skill can't be used efficiently.
    Please elaborate on what you mean by "used efficiently." Consider adding some sort of contrast like - a skill that can be used efficiently is X but this one can't be because of Y. Would be appreciated - otherwise it just sounds like something you don't want to use (as opposed to something that is actually problematic).

Quote Originally Posted by arozalihd View Post
    Another day and sts finds another way to ruin pvp without thinking about pvp , ur biggest market is pvp and you dont realise it
    Quote Originally Posted by critAL View Post
    You guys realize ur biggest platform or ur money maker is pvp right?
    In reality, no - but I would love to learn more about your belief that PvP is the actual *real* source of Spacetime's revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    Does that mean we got all the skill points to split between those 3 and perks together?
    Yes. This means that a Skill Point can be spent towards an Ultimate (if you are of the appropriate level), towards a Passive, to unlock a Skill, add a Skill Upgrade, or add a Perk for a Skill Upgrade (if you are appropriately leveled and you have unlocked the associated Skill Upgrade).

Quote Originally Posted by Elvaenwae View Post
    I support the "we need more skill points than 86."
    Quote Originally Posted by zynkor View Post
    Yeah, not enough skill points is gonna be an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    (This) is going to eat up a hell of a lot of skill points...
    There are currently no plans to boost the number of Skill Points you have 'til we reach the next Cap. This phase of the Skill Revamp is meant to enforce trade-offs. You are free to stay with your current spec and ignore the Perks entirely - but if you want to use them you'll need to trade them for something else in your Skills arsenal: a point of Mastery, a Passive, an upgrade for a Skill. These trade-offs are essential to the effort.

I could be persuaded to offer a single-use path to acquire an additional Skill Point (or two) in the short term but this could affect the total number you get with the next Cap. For instance you get zero Skill Points for Levels 87,88 (or some such). Seems to me that in keeping with the 'trade-off' design foundation here we'd instead turn our attention to buffing of Perks so that the expenditure feels more worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by tanasescu490 View Post
    ...how does the armor debuff and other such skill/procs/buffs work? Do these have a hard cap, diminishing return?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaAaT View Post
    It's nowhere mentioned, that the armor debuffs are stacking. As long as they aren't, it's fine.
    From all that I see in the game data these armor debuffs are non-stacking multipliers. I'll be sure to look at every one of them (since I was way off the last time I spoke publicly about stacking :-$)

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    ps... The images are misleading .... its 8 perks you can choose per skill in total not 12 that the images used in the OP seem to suggest lol XD
    It's a screenshot of a full stack for each Skill: one main Skill at the top. Four (4) Skill Upgrades down the center with two (2) Perks per Upgrade. Are we saying the same thing? It is indeed eight (8) Perks per Skill at Max Level.

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    small ice patch and hardly spawn the pools during PVE .. can you make it the skill spawn multiple ice patch 2-3 at least with > 20% chance to spawn ice patch
    Appreciate the feedback on the Perks content! I don't know if it should spawn so many (as one feels like enough), but I can see how it feels to increase the spawn chance a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Squlo View Post
    Also just realized that, 20% chance of disorient and eliminate critical hit chance are separate things. You can't buff something guaranteed 5% more so instead, can we get like a duration upgrade here for critical hit chance removal?
    Seems like the description is misleading you. The Perk is taking the 20% chance and increasing it to 25% chance. I'll see if I can rewrite it so there's less confusion. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback - even if I didn't quote your response here - I enjoyed reading all of your ideas and critiques!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: