Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Are there any new classes yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Are there any new classes yet?

I’m waiting for them to add a new class to start playing again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2021thalissa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Summoner or assasin please

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KGWD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KGWD View Post
    Summoner or assasin please
    sooo "mage" and "rogue"

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fahtsssss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I was thinking more of goblin dealing with poison or hell hound or even a pixie class that is focused of heals and buff damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hell no -1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is a problem with any game - existing classes eventually become boring to players, and they start to lose interest. Developers introduce new classes, but usually, the balance suffers because new classes need to be made interesting, which means they are usually stronger than existing ones.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blattodea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Instead of that we can have various procs on weapons (since we got 3) to fill those spots like let's say:

Warrior

Sword proc: focuses on damage. lacks survivability and teamplay and pretty similar procs to rog ones to be able to keep up with them in terms of damage. Aka melee dps

Aegis proc: focuses on survivability and teamplay. Low dps, literally support tank. Aka paladin.

Chain sword proc: Main focus is duels and lacks teamplay. Can't deal as high damage as melee dps neither can tank as much as paladin but between those more likely. Aka bruiser maybe juggernaut.

I just made it up like that the thing is to give weapons the role instead of releasing actual classes.

Note: I'm just brainstorming at this point got nothing to do with more classes personally tbh.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Squlo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I don't think we'll ever see any other classes, because we don't really need team play in most maps. There is no need for tank healer dps strategy, when we can easily kill every enemy. If we ever got a healer class that would be even more hated than tanks back in the day due to low dmg making it effectively useless.
    I feel like mage can already be played in very different ways, that work similar to your described ideas. Mage can use fire ice and clock and focus on dot, which would sacrifice boss dmg however or (and this will work even better after revamp) a support playstyle with curse and heal.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MaAaT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blattodea View Post
    This is a problem with any game - existing classes eventually become boring to players, and they start to lose interest. Developers introduce new classes, but usually, the balance suffers because new classes need to be made interesting, which means they are usually stronger than existing ones.
    good point, sts tried to do this in pocket legends & it flopped

also we only have 3 main stats so you would have to make duel stat, or re create what we already have again

when the game had balance its like paper scissors rock
    rock scissors, & paper rocks arent gonna help here

lastly we are gonna get skills redone, this will need a lot of tweaking
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You know what is summoner? Hahahahahah this is your so very first mmorpg kwkwkwkwkkwkkw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default Are there any new classes yet?

Yeah I didn’t think about the negative side of having new classes. I always just thought goblin or undead class or sea class would be interesting or heck even getting to play as a dragon. It would be new and interesting to bring a dragon class and his abilities are flame based haha. That would be the first reptile class and the first creature we would get to play as
    And add dragon claws as the weapon and dragon plate. Stuff like that lol

Example/ [sell ]dragon’s ebon flame plate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It won’t happen. There are too much work for making new class in AL. New class gonna need new type of stats ( not int, str, dex ) that will need to apply to all other characters and gears. They gonna need to make new vanities, gears, pets, jewels,… for that class. Just too much work for dev.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dvlong For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Angel would make a nice new class. We already have a ton of Halos & Wings in the game.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    Angel would make a nice new class. We already have a ton of Halos & Wings in the game.
    That’s actually true! Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Don’t really think there is any need for a new class tbh , these 3 classes are pretty universal and can be made sufficient for all types of gameplay .

24.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Itzmemohsin View Post
    Don’t really think there is any need for a new class tbh , these 3 classes are pretty universal and can be made sufficient for all types of gameplay .
    It's true - the class overlap is rather universal.

A new Class that's meant to capture a distinct (yet comparable) power fantasy is not in the cards.

Pocket Legends' Rhino and Vixen had limited success because they got some new code support for abilities ('gap closer' stuff mostly) but they always felt like outliers to the Bear, Bird and Enchantress. I don't think I would ever want to squeeze in another 'power fantasy' class to Arcane Legends.

That said, a "Cursed" Class would be interesting. Some Class that comes with a host of debilitating debuffs and long-term disadvantages. Inability to use weapons of Mythic or Arcane quality. Limits on Pet Usage. Hard nerf to possible gold; luck capped at 0% - that kind of deal. It wouldn't be Hardcore so much as just "HARD" to play and could incorporate a slew of new super-valuable AP's since doing literally anything for that Character would be a Legendary feat. Indeed it seems like all AP's for that sort of character would get a base multiplier of 1.25 or 1.5X :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

A new Class that's meant to capture a distinct (yet comparable) power fantasy is not in the cards.

Pocket Legends' Rhino and Vixen had limited success because they got some new code support for abilities ('gap closer' stuff mostly) but they always felt like outliers to the Bear, Bird and Enchantress. I don't think I would ever want to squeeze in another 'power fantasy' class to Arcane Legends.

That said, a "Cursed" Class would be interesting. Some Class that comes with a host of debilitating debuffs and long-term disadvantages. Inability to use weapons of Mythic or Arcane quality. Limits on Pet Usage. Hard nerf to possible gold; luck capped at 0% - that kind of deal. It wouldn't be Hardcore so much as just "HARD" to play and could incorporate a slew of new super-valuable AP's since doing literally anything for that Character would be a Legendary feat. Indeed it seems like all AP's for that sort of character would get a base multiplier of 1.25 or 1.5X :-)
    I understand Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Remove class restrictions and let it loose.. i wanna see a mage with war builds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

That would be interesting. I was also thinking about a "helper" class, something like "Priest" or "Beastmaster", whose purpose would only be to help the team and not to fight by themselves.

I'll list some thoughts below:
    - maybe they could be allowed to use 2 pets at the same time, so they could activate 2 pet arcane abilities to help the team better
    - decrease all pet arcane abilities cooldown by 50% ?
    - just like you mentioned, they would have major disadvantages: very low damage, 0% luck, no arcane weapons allowed, etc.
    - since their purpose would only be to help the team, they would need some very powerful skills to buff the whole party (e.g. increase party damage by 50%, remove all stun, bleed etc. from party, grant party 50% health leech, make party invisible to enemies, etc)

So basically this would be a team support class, not a damage-inflicter like the current classes.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to zynkor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zynkor View Post
    That would be interesting. I was also thinking about a "helper" class, something like "Priest" or "Beastmaster", whose purpose would only be to help the team and not to fight by themselves.

I'll list some thoughts below:
    - maybe they could be allowed to use 2 pets at the same time, so they could activate 2 pet arcane abilities to help the team better
    - decrease all pet arcane abilities cooldown by 50% ?
    - just like you mentioned, they would have major disadvantages: very low damage, 0% luck, no arcane weapons allowed, etc.
    - since their purpose would only be to help the team, they would need some very powerful skills to buff the whole party (e.g. increase party damage by 50%, remove all stun, bleed etc. from party, grant party 50% health leech, make party invisible to enemies, etc)

So basically this would be a team support class, not a damage-inflicter like the current classes.
    I would actually be fine not being able to do a lot damage. It’s really satisfying to help people also, I’m sure some class will make sense haha