Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Auction abuse/scam ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    5% is pretty cheap and doesn't really need changed. It keeps people from flooding auc with stupidly priced items that never sell.

Btw apps do cost more than 5% in fees irl to sell stuff. I grossed over $800,000 on ebay last year in sales and each sale they take a minimum of atleast 10% from each sale. Not counting shipping price and taxes at the end of the year. $60,000 went towards shipping, $120,000 into ebay fees, about $85,000 into taxes. Trust me I hate this crap alot. Thats 33% of what I made into fees and taxes.
    House closing cost fee is about 10%.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk
    You don't pay anything to list them on Ebay though? As you called it they take from the sale so the thread is about it as well. Also what we got to do with the irl taxing I mean whatever you sell on Ebay, taxes are what Ebay makes profit from so tell me what Sts got to do with the gold that literally goes nowhere right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squlo View Post
    You don't pay anything to list them on Ebay though? As you called it they take from the sale so the thread is about it as well. Also what we got to do with the irl taxing I mean whatever you sell on Ebay, taxes are what Ebay makes profit from so tell me what Sts got to do with the gold that literally goes nowhere right?
    Deletes billions of gold which calms inflation down, stops people from spamming the auction with 999 items listed for 999mil each, stops people from manipulating the prices of stuff by listing a scarce item thats useless for really high on one acc then going to another to sell it for "merch price" in towns to scam people, and it is only 5%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    Deletes billions of gold which calms inflation down, stops people from spamming the auction with 999 items listed for 999mil each, stops people from manipulating the prices of stuff by listing a scarce item thats useless for really high on one acc then going to another to sell it for "merch price" in towns to scam people, and it is only 5%.
    Have you ever read the suggestions? Don't really think so. Plus there is nothing against ToS i see as well people are free to put whatever price they want. Also they can still take the 5% from sale I have been saying so that's still the same thing after all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

so true, if only kids understood economy haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robens Alexandre View Post
    I've been in this game for over 10 years now back when 100k was considered rich and most transaction was bellow that sum.

Let's be honest it's 10 years later, most transaction are in the millions and hundred millions, but the auction mechanic is still the same.

Somethings has been added that greatly helps and big thank you for the devs for adding the latest drop down menu for the category.

But the big elephant in the room that has never been addressed is the Listing Fees. Back when transaction were on low amount it didn't mean much, but now, most people are avoiding the Auction House for any big transaction.

I have a solution I want to propose for that.

Instead of one listing fee that amount to 5% of the value of the items, change it to a listing fee that dont go over a million and a comissions fee that can be equal to the 5% of the value the item got sold for, you pay the listing fee upfront as always and the commission fee got taken from the money you recieve. This way listing item in the Auction House will no longer be a race to the bottom where every sellers are cutting each other off to not be the one to pay that fee in vain.
    Let's be real, will anyone ever post their house on Zillow or any other site on the internet if they had to pay 5% percent the value of the house as listing fees, if it doesn't make sense in real life why should it make sense in a game that should tone down reality.

While we are at it we should also extend the duration from 3 days to up to 7 days, and the times to get your money or unsold item, from auction from 30 days to 90 days, before we lost it, real life is a thing and sometimes you get into conditions that dont allow you to log into the game for more than a month and its painfull for any returning player to notice that the item they left on auction get lost forever.

Last but not least is to make things a bit stricter so people dont go and abuse it for free adertising o for scamming purposes, anytime you cancel an auction you get to pay the commision fee.

This game has a lot of potential to be one of the best game just like it happened back in 2014

This one so real

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

It’s something you see in every game with an auction.
    Just a strategy but people have to think about the counter strategy that is to buy all low and sell high.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That wouldnt fix anything in my opinion

Wysłane z mojego RMX3363 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

In my opinion as someone mantioned before, adding limit to 1 same piece items. Like for purp eggs, u can add up to 4 single eggs. Just example dont know what limit should be but that mechanism seems workable.

Wysłane z mojego RMX3363 przy użyciu Tapatalka