Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Guild Rankings III

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,486 Posts

Default Feedback: Guild Rankings III

This is a continuation of the previous discussion on Guild Rankings (link).

The new rankings algorithm has been in effect for a while now, but I think we can get a bit more competitiveness from guilds if use the existing algorithm but we limited the guild rankings to seasonal characters only. The way things currently work, once character has achieved a high-enough contribution, the only thing they need to do to maintain guild rank is log in. Thoughts?

Additionally, what rewards, if any, would you like to see for top guilds?

Thanks in advance for your constructive feedback.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

As people already mentioned you can reduce the count of members cause 500 is a lot which kills competitiveness to me. I mean you are literally forcing people to stick in one guild by that actually.

On the other side liked the idea overall, well done. Keep it going.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Cap guilds at 25, 50, 100 or 150 Players (the smaller the better). Lately (last 2-3 years), I have seen an insane monopolization of older, newer, experienced, poor, rich, serious, just for fun Players and whatever else exists. I dislike the monopolization of about (my personal rough calculation, when taking alts into consideration, probably incorrect, lmk pls) 30-40% of the Playerbase are scattered in between 2-4 guilds. I see a few guilds who have 3k+ members, but are not on the top 50 guild leaderboard because they all are hundreds of days inactive.

Against the hundreds of days inactive i would like you to add a shadow leave system for players who haven’t logged in a while.

Shadow leave: After for example 200 days of inactivity the player X shows in the guildlog as shadow leave „X has vanished into the shadows“. When scrolling through the guilds memberlist, the character X wont show up and the guildmember counter also goes -1. When after 300 days of inactivity, the player X decides to return to the game and opens it. The guildlog will show „Player X has returned from the forgotten“. With this message being sent in the guild, the following interaction of Guildmembers between each other will most likely lead the player to check into the game more often from time to time. It is not appealing for a guild with 3000 members, that when u scroll through the (guilds of this size have lag) huge memberlist to only find maybe 40-50 active players. With this option guilds would not look as depressing when scrolling through the member list. Allow the guildmaster to have access to the shadowed guildmembers and to manage them.

The reason for smaller guilds:
    With smaller stricted guilds, the guildleaderboard could offer some exclusive interesting rewards. It doesn’t make sense to have a top 50 guildleaderboard when only 20 guilds can be considered active. Rewards could be in form of titles, banners, badges, gold und much more. For example The top 50 guilds are all a title „Best guild in Arlor“ (or golden name as suggested in thread). The top 25 are getting the title + a badge, which resembles the logo of the Guild in aps. The top 10 are getting the title, the badge and a banner. The top 1 Guild of Arlor is getting for each player in the guild title, badge, banner and 1m Gold each. The 1m gold reward would make the guild lb system competitive and challenging. Guilds could have rankings, like for example the old lbs of pvp kills pve kills being active and so on. Maybe change them to not exploitable. Most aps, most online, most quests completed, most fishes caught in gh (fishing event), pvp matches against other guilds. Theres a lot of space to be creative. The guildrankings should reset every month and granting the rewards. Guilds above the member cap of above f.e. 50 members should automatically be excluded from this leaderboard.

Guilds are supposed to work together, so why not reward those who work together?
    I am sure that a lot of Players would enjoy these features in the game.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts

Drop the quantity over quality agenda in general. Mass recruiting guilds are nowhere near an actual top guilds nowadays. Redefine the statistics for them and put in place new rules to refresh the board.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Current new algorithm is bad, most of the top guilds are nowhere close to be top.
    500 top aps is definitely way too much. 50 would be more reasonable. Also the other things that should be included in guild rankings are seasonal aps, timed maps, lb events, pvp, honor pvp, pve etc..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Maybe guild quest system? Guild masters have to do certain tasks for that week and when those tasks are completed they contribute points towards the guilds rank? You get bonus points depending on how fast you complete all the quests/tasks.

They can of course get help from anyone, as long as they complete their tasks.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Honestly, I just hope that devs can make a huge improvement in terms of reward, or maybe Guild Banner for the top 50? Still waiting for something huge from devs!

Sent from my M2101K9AG using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Reminder, factors like pvp/pve were excluded cause couple of guilds exploited them. So it doesnt make sense to bring those back.
    To make seasonals chars only count for guild lb is not fair. Why u wanna exclude old players from an upcoming rewarding lb? Not many are fans of running seasonals every season.
    As i have mentioned in the past ,i agree with the commemt , that 500 charactets are to many for defining the result of ranking. We have 50spots in lb but only 4 guilds have more than 500 active members. The only way to make it more competitive is lower that number. U can collect the data of how many active characters log weekly to all guilds except those that alrd are part of 4guilds w 500+ active members.. How many guilds ca be filled with 500? My guess is less than 15. So u have total less than 20 guilds with max active members to be calqulated.
    Note that any more factors u intent to add for ranking other than pure aps ,it will be exploited by script users. Ppl alwaus find a way. History has proved it.
    Also about your thoughts for penaltising guilds for overpopulated, my opinion is that u cant have em remove members so they can be part of the lb. Let em be as large as they wish. On the other hand you should give a chance to guilds that prefer stay in small numbers to climb up on lb. Those must work harder anyway against guilds with more members. And here i come again on topic that max active members to be calculated should be lowered imo by 30-50%
    Cheers

11. The Following User Says Thank You to papas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Personally for me and Alice.. we run the guild Villain and we didn't expect it to reach Top Guild Leaderboard.🫢

We actually prefer not to be on LB, but somehow we are in it with the small quantities of players that we have.

We won't leave our guild at all so I wouldn't mind if any changes happen that helps the other guilds that actually wants to compete in Guild Leaderboards.

Quality over Quantity is something I would recommend when considering ranks especially if it's going to revolve around being "competitive" though.

You can even give our Guild Rank to another guild that actually wants to be on a Guild Leaderboard since personally me and Alice and the rest of the officers in Villain don't care about the guild rank at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Remove kdr deaths from calculations. It impedes one from daring a hard map or event, or being invited to a guild.
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    Remove kdr deaths from calculations. It impedes one from daring a hard map or event, or being invited to a guild.
    Kdr doesn't make any difference now. Only aps are calculated for guild lb.

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,016 Posts

The current algorithm encourages people to join these Walmart guilds (massive but no quality). They spam camps to recruit and the guild chat is just merch spam. There is one Walmart guild with some known scammers as officers. But people continue to J because it is Walmart after all.

This needs to be changed. I love this quality over quantity ideas in this thread.

Whatever you can do to encourage smaller (25-50 players MAX) guilds to form would be so great for our community.

Give us some guild tasks. It would bring our community together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    593 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papas View Post
    Kdr doesn't make any difference now. Only aps are calculated for guild lb.

As far as I know, only pvp deaths aren’t calculated. Deaths from battles in maps/events still matter?
    I’m rubber and you’re glue, what bounces off me, sticks on you..
    Stop assuming my posts are emotional. I don’t care that much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    As far as I know, only pvp deaths aren’t calculated. Deaths from battles in maps/events still matter?
    No, it doesn’t. Check Guild section top 50 guilds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    The current algorithm encourages people to join these Walmart guilds (massive but no quality). They spam camps to recruit and the guild chat is just merch spam. There is one Walmart guild with some known scammers as officers. But people continue to J because it is Walmart after all.

This needs to be changed. I love this quality over quantity ideas in this thread.

Whatever you can do to encourage smaller (25-50 players MAX) guilds to form would be so great for our community.

Give us some guild tasks. It would bring our community together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guild quests sounds great idea. They can add APs for it too.

+1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Keep current system but add things to it

How about organizing a weekly guild pvp tournament? Participants are the top 32 guilds. Randomly divide them into 2 brackets, and have them fight it out until the finals. Based on their rank in the tournament they get a bonus points.

EXAMPLE:

My guild has 10,000,000 points on guild LB. We get 1st in pvp tournament. Lets say at first place your guild gets 50% increase in points. Now my guild would have 15,000,000 on guild LB after tourney

You could have this be Honor gear OR you could have two tourneys one with honor gear and one with normal gear.

You could have matches happen once ever day, since you only need to win 4 matches to reach the finals (32>16>8>4>2>1)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    Keep current system but add things to it

How about organizing a weekly guild pvp tournament? Participants are the top 32 guilds. Randomly divide them into 2 brackets, and have them fight it out until the finals. Based on their rank in the tournament they get a bonus points.

EXAMPLE:

My guild has 10,000,000 points on guild LB. We get 1st in pvp tournament. Lets say at first place your guild gets 50% increase in points. Now my guild would have 15,000,000 on guild LB after tourney

You could have this be Honor gear OR you could have two tourneys one with honor gear and one with normal gear.

You could have matches happen once ever day, since you only need to win 4 matches to reach the finals (32>16>8>4>2>1)
    I’m not adverse to some guild task/quest but to make it a pvp is a big nope

Too exploitable, also it again promotes a huge guild w alt dummies willing to flood games w alts to throw games
    \m/,____( >. < ‘ )________,\m/
    Suentous

“The Cult” does not exist. Stop asking questions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stephencobear View Post
    I’m not adverse to some guild task/quest but to make it a pvp is a big nope

Too exploitable, also it again promotes a huge guild w alt dummies willing to flood games w alts to throw games
    Glad you bring this up

This is something I considered as well:

To prevent dummies from flooding your guilds games and sabotaging matches you have the Guild master preselect who gets to participate. Which makes sense because why let a random enter a guild match thats going to determine rank? The GM should have a say in who participates.

Another exploit I considered is a dummy guild being made to lose but:

Using current LB. You would need 50 alts with more than 36k APs each to qualify in the top 32.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neutrone View Post
    Glad you bring this up

This is something I considered as well:

To prevent dummies from flooding your guilds games and sabotaging matches you have the Guild master preselect who gets to participate. Which makes sense because why let a random enter a guild match thats going to determine rank? The GM should have a say in who participates.

Another exploit I considered is a dummy guild being made to lose but:

Using current LB. You would need 50 alts with more than 36k APs each to qualify in the top 32.
    Any lb that has pvp as a factor in any way, can be exploited. I don't really understand your idea 100% about how guild master can select the oposite team? Ppl can change ign so u can't know who is who I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i will like top guild badge/ banners / aura players will actually use and wear