Thread: Armor-dmg reduction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Armor-dmg reduction

Does each armor point give the same amount, if no is there a page where i can see how much it does if yes how much dmg does 1 armor reduce? Also, is mitigation just another word for armor or do they work different?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G998B mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

There are 3 types of mitigation. Mitigation, Mitigation (stacking), and Mitigation( Armor)
    Mitigation and Mitigation( stacking) are types of damage reduction separate from armor.
    The maximum amount of damage reduction you can reach with your armor value is 80%.
    While normally you'd try to increase your armor value, Mitigation (Armor) is added to the armor damage reduction.
    When you already have the armor value needed for maximum damage reduction of 80%, the additional Mitigation(Armor) won't do anything for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaAaT View Post
    There are 3 types of mitigation. Mitigation, Mitigation (stacking), and Mitigation( Armor)
    Mitigation and Mitigation( stacking) are types of damage reduction separate from armor.
    The maximum amount of damage reduction you can reach with your armor value is 80%.
    While normally you'd try to increase your armor value, Mitigation (Armor) is added to the armor damage reduction.
    When you already have the armor value needed for maximum damage reduction of 80%, the additional Mitigation(Armor) won't do anything for you.
    If 17,5k armor is just 80% reduction i doubt 8k doesnt even do 40%, feels like much more so armor looses its value if you have allot alread?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maisakurajima View Post
    If 17,5k armor is just 80% reduction i doubt 8k doesnt even do 40%, feels like much more so armor looses its value if you have allot alread?

I believe it's even 18.5k armor, not sure tho. Idk if the dmg reduction is linear or exponential. That would change everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MaAaT View Post
    I believe it's even 18.5k armor, not sure tho. Idk if the dmg reduction is linear or exponential. That would change everything.
    I just found a post about this and it seems to be linear.
    "Armor cap is around 17,500 for 86. Cap armor used (last checked at 81 cap) to decrease taken damage by 80%. This means 1,000 damage at 0 armor is being reduced to 200 damage at 17,500 armor in level 86 maps.

Damage regression is linear meaning everything below 17,500 armor can be converted straight into the reduction multiplier by rules of proportion. For example 8,750 armor reduces damage by 40% or 13,125 armor reduces damage by 60% at 86.

I believe it works like this but haven't tested at 86 cap yet."
    Credit to QuaseT
    This means that more armor is always worth it.