Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Power Creep in Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Default Power Creep in Arcane Legends

I wanted to bring something up' about "Power Creep" in AL
    For Those who don't know, power creep is a phenomenon when developers of a game are trying to make a new content for a game, but they make it too broken.

Let me tell you what I mean -
    In level 71 era, the highest damage player I have seen was a guy with around 5-6k damage.
    what I mean is after 71 levels with best jewels at a time, pet, maxed gears and awakes, he had 6k damage.

in 76 era, I have seen a player with 13k damage.
    just 5 levels difference, few months later and more than double the stats.

in 81 - I have seen 42k damage player

and now, before arcanes I have seen a player with 85k damage.

Devs, when you make a new gear, you should try to make it slowly more powerful, not instantly twice (or 10x) as good.

Example
    Not so long ago we got a new piece of gear - bracelet.
    First bracelets were fine, basic legendarys.
    after 2 weeks month, you added a bracelet with 5% passive main stat.
    and then a 10% passive main stat, and just like a month later an arcane bracelet with 15% main stat.

in less than a year, we got insanely broken passive effect from an item that was just added to the game that's crazy.

why couldn't you make it 2% legendary / 3% mythic / 5% arcane?? why jump to this crazy number 15%??

Or the latest craftable jewels (Flawless - Corrupted)
    Why the jump from 10 main stat to 15? And then to 22.5?
    12 & 15 main stat could be more reasonable

this stuff happens constantly in AL, you make stuff instantly 10x better than the previous ones and idk why you do that.

TBH I think it all started at 76 erra, that we went from items that give procs with small shields, tiny critical hit chance buffs and etc, to instantly weapons that make you deal x3 more damage. where is the middle ground in this? how we went from 10% damage buffs to 300% damage???

I am super curious how will you top 81 kraken armors with 86 arcane armor, will it be like 500% damage, 50% haste, 100% speed, 50% critical? I hope not.

I would suggest that you take things more slowly.
    like damage numbers in pets HB for example. in the past 4-5 years best pet HB went from 25% to 35% recently. not 25% to 50% to 100% every few months.

and also, you should nerf procs after few levels.
    Like imagine kraken armor gives less stats at 86+, so 86 arcane will not have to be 500% damage buff

just an opinion
    Last edited by trueido; 04-13-2024 at 04:28 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trueido For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I already complained a lot about that and everyone hated me for telling the truth, the game has too much imbalance, especially the weapons that have very exaggerated bonuses, the only way to rival the current strength is bosses vs players because normal enemies don't last not even 1 second

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

AL will always will be a buisness first. If you as a company sell locks u want it to be enticing for your customers to buy (were not even players at this point just customers). So what do u do? Sell extremely good gear in them. Whos gonna buy plat to open locks when the stuff in it is only like5% better? Exactly barely anyone. Spacetime studios is sadly jusy not what it used to be. They know they cant get new players into their ecosystem so they milk the current one they have.

Also im kinda baffled they can still sell (lootboxes) locks without giving away the loot chances % for any of their locks. Which i thought was mandatory in EU.

I guess they can technically argue u can 'farm' plat with plat eggs or offers and crate keys with in-game gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And by making new gear too strong devs just make it impossible for themselves to balance anything in the game properly, leading to such "fun" activities as staying afk on arena farming badges, running very fast past the mobs in elite maps, oneshotting puny enemies during events (I guess the same happens to most campaign bosses).
    Personally, I don't understand who can enjoy the kind of content AL currently offer, let alone pay for it. I myself used to spend some plat to get a decent gear back in the day, but now it feels like you're just paying for instawin button.
    I really hope that the new myth gear not being too overpowered is the result of the same thought process as was provided by the thread creator and not just a coincidence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

You are right about it. It’s absurd to have these insane dmg buffs. And then they nerf timed maps
    Between 24k dmg kraken set and 60k dmg beast set, for real?

What I see is mythic 86 have mostly armor debuffs. So a new era could start make mobs 10k health and 500k armor so they need be debuffed to die. Well that’s a way to fix it… or not.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

They're just lazy to make proc animations and instead of that they're doing big number proc SMOrc... I wish I was their content checker, bet 10k new players every month smh

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

and adding to that, this is the only game that BUFF olds maps, mobs, boss, and not just the new content, crazy right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post
    For Those who don't know, power creep is a phenomenon when developers of a game are trying to make a new content for a game, but they make it too broken.

In level 71 era, the highest damage player I have seen was a guy with around 5-6k damage.
    what I mean is after 71 levels with best jewels at a time, pet, maxed gears and awakes, he had 6k damage.

Devs, when you make a new gear, you should try to make it slowly more powerful, not instantly twice (or 10x) as good.

Example
    and then a 10% passive main stat, and just like a month later an arcane bracelet with 15% main stat.

in less than a year, we got insanely broken passive effect from an item that was just added to the game that's crazy.

why couldn't you make it 2% legendary / 3% mythic / 5% arcane?? why jump to this crazy number 15%??

this stuff happens constantly in AL, you make stuff instantly 10x better than the previous ones and idk why you do that.

TBH I think it all started at 76 erra, that we went from items that give procs with small shields, tiny critical hit chance buffs and etc, to instantly weapons that make you deal x3 more damage. where is the middle ground in this? how we went from 10% damage buffs to 300% damage???

I am super curious how will you top 81 kraken armors with 86 arcane armor, will it be like 500% damage, 50% haste, 100% speed, 50% critical? I hope not.

like damage numbers in pets HB for example. in the past 4-5 years best pet HB went from 25% to 35% recently. not 25% to 50% to 100% every few months.

Like imagine kraken armor gives less stats at 86+, so 86 arcane will not have to be 500% damage buff

just an opinion
    +1 Said that a lot but got ignored

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,488 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, this is a high priority initiative we'll be starting soon.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,064 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, this is a high priority initiative we'll be starting soon.

-ALS
    Stat squish?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post

-ALS
    If they nerf the weapons and return to the old processes along with a higher difficulty it would be more fun even balanced, the current imbalance is very horrible mainly when we have processes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

+1

This thread brings me back, sad ppl took so long to realize this problem.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...me-adjustments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trueido View Post

Example

just an opinion
    I was maybe first who complain about the stats they add right when the arcane bracelet came out. So for nearly half a year, we don t see any cut of the high stats gear, they keep adding more powerful, more %, so game gonna be a classic mmorpg, with 200k damage base stats. The 71-76 expansions was in my opinion the best ones, not a lot a damage, not a big gap between end game players and new ones. Now if we compare a end game player and a new one, the difference is about 50-60 k damage, so enjoy the game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Compare stats of players

So i m pretty sure i m not the only one who complain about the stats in game of end game players, and the new ones.
    If we add a zaarus gear, even a kraken gear the new ones have a base stat of 7-8k damage. To make it decent you need few billions of gold, wich can t be made over night, or over a new expansion.
    Now with the elder maps, the end game players has a 40k+ base damage stats, so that means the new ones, or the ones who don t have good awakes have 10k, or even less. That is about 30k damage between them, so in my opinion i should delete the game, the 40k+ damage i won t reach in 10 years, if things goes like this . Now to purchase with money, is a loose too, because over 300 pulls you get a 10m gold, arcane item.
    I would like to make a suggestion, if we get new arcane items in the future, please let the weapon, armor and the thing which is a need in clearing a map beeing purchased with platinum. You can set a high platinum price, 2-3k platinum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dffleg View Post
    So i m pretty sure i m not the only one who complain about the stats in game of end game players, and the new ones.
    If we add a zaarus gear, even a kraken gear the new ones have a base stat of 7-8k damage. To make it decent you need few billions of gold, wich can t be made over night, or over a new expansion.
    Now with the elder maps, the end game players has a 40k+ base damage stats, so that means the new ones, or the ones who don t have good awakes have 10k, or even less. That is about 30k damage between them, so in my opinion i should delete the game, the 40k+ damage i won t reach in 10 years, if things goes like this . Now to purchase with money, is a loose too, because over 300 pulls you get a 10m gold, arcane item.
    I would like to make a suggestion, if we get new arcane items in the future, please let the weapon, armor and the thing which is a need in clearing a map beeing purchased with platinum. You can set a high platinum price, 2-3k platinum
    I agree with you and say myself, the every expansion highly increased dmg stats are just ridiculous. Next expansion base dmg will be 200k in that case.

Imo the dmg atm is not important. Depends how you play. When you look at hedo for example. I can solo phase 1 and half of next one. I have the 50k+ base dmg. When you take 2 or 3 only kraken users. They can also do phase 1 without a problem at all. If you bypass hedo or not it’s not the big difference. Bypass safes u maybe 5 sec + no purple orbs spawn. In elite rahabkor full kraken can do phase 1 easily.

What I want to say with it is: the difference between max gear and only kraken, 1 player vs 2 is around the same outcome in the same time.

New mythics have no dmg procs and are yet bc of uncomfortable usage not famous.

If you or anybody else who is reading this is short on gold or new to the game and doesn’t know how to get good cheap useful gear. Stay on kraken for now and buy buy str dex mine jewels. Nobles are great. You can unsold them and add to future new gear. 3-4% per item is enough. Wait till the items u really need on ur gear get cheap and buy then. No need buy items for 200m when they are 20m 3-5 months later. Also now is an awesome time to farm gold before they bring elite maps and maybe cut gold in zodias.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Actually the best way to get gold without gold loot is to use your irl money and convert the plats in gold by purchasing whatever you feel to sell, slots, gems, elixirs, lootboxes (those are the crates) that go from secured gold to risky bets.

As I like to say it’s a freaking mmorpg and not a gambling game. Even if you gamble for a lot of things there is enough pay to win feature in the game. I really don’t understand why you want to add some more.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk