Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: Star Beast Weapons

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #101
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kikemm17 View Post
    There have been multiple people, including myself, who thought it was a bug, since the orb works one way while the staff works differently. When you tap a player with the orb, it will automatically proc and reduce the target's armor and speed even if mage shield immunity is on, because the proc has been activated. On the other hand, the staff won’t apply any proc because mage shields last long, and then glowstik shield can be applied. You would die trying to activate a single proc from the staff.
    If this is how it’s intended to work, then yes, I would like to request a change. Most importantly, I want to emphasize again the need to fix the issue with warriors being overpowered in PvP. Again, thank you.
    Ah! It sounds like the Orb is missing the logic that respects target immunities - which would mean the fix is either a nerf for the Orb or stripping the logic that the Staff uses to respect immunities.

Either works for me but I suspect that you (and other Mage players) would much prefer that the weapons just don't care about your target's strategic buffs... since the target will be gaining benefits that could balance / outstrip the incoming debuff.

Thank you for the explicit details. I should have time to look into this very soon.

As for PvP - every Class has their moment. Reflect is about to get capped at 10% for PvP (which will help some).
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Ah! It sounds like the Orb is missing the logic that respects target immunities - which would mean the fix is either a nerf for the Orb or stripping the logic that the Staff uses to respect immunities.

Either works for me but I suspect that you (and other Mage players) would much prefer that the weapons just don't care about your target's strategic buffs... since the target will be gaining benefits that could balance / outstrip the incoming debuff.

Thank you for the explicit details. I should have time to look into this very soon.

As for PvP - every Class has their moment. Reflect is about to get capped at 10% for PvP (which will help some).

It's not just the mage's star beast weapons; it's every class' star beast. I believe that every weapon should respect immunity. Additionally, it's not just reflection; the star beast chain and the new Rusk weapon for warriors are simply too overpowered compared to rogue and mage weapons. We lack damage compared to theirs, even though they are not damage-focused classes.

To paint a clearer picture, consider this: a warrior with 2k strength can one-tap a 4k int mage with the chain or eliminate them with the Rusk reflection. Clashes and versus matches aren't the same anymore if a single warrior can take on four opponents in a team death-match. 4v1!!

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #103
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

It's not just the mage's star beast weapons; it's every class' star beast. I believe that every weapon should respect immunity. Additionally, it's not just reflection; the star beast chain and the new Rusk weapon for warriors are simply too overpowered compared to rogue and mage weapons. We lack damage compared to theirs, even though they are not damage-focused classes.

To paint a clearer picture, consider this: a warrior with 2k strength can one-tap a 4k int mage with the chain or eliminate them with the Rusk reflection. Clashes and versus matches aren't the same anymore if a single warrior can take on four opponents in a team death-match. 4v1!!
    Cool. We'll do a pass through all of the Star Beast weapon proc data and ensure that it's consistent with respect to immunity logic. The expected result will be Orbs won't proc in situations where the Staff won't proc. Not sure when this will be looked into (as PvP is among the lowest of priorities for the team) but it's on the list! :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Cool. We'll do a pass through all of the Star Beast weapon proc data and ensure that it's consistent with respect to immunity logic. The expected result will be Orbs won't proc in situations where the Staff won't proc. Not sure when this will be looked into (as PvP is among the lowest of priorities for the team) but it's on the list! :-)
    Well could you buff the duration of the star beast shield from 5 seconds to 7 seconds that would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killyxan View Post
    Well could you buff the duration of the star beast shield from 5 seconds to 7 seconds that would be much appreciated

-1, it’s good as it is. You can use kraken aegis if you want long lasting pull.
    <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Why would PvP be among the lowest priorities for the team when everyone would play it if it was fair for everyone. People stop playing PvP because of the unfairness. Even if one player played it, it’s part of the game and should be addressed with the same importance as the other game modes. There’s many players who would agree.

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #107
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Why would PvP be among the lowest priorities for the team when everyone would play it if it was fair for everyone. People stop playing PvP because of the unfairness. Even if one player played it, it’s part of the game and should be addressed with the same importance as the other game modes. There’s many players who would agree.
    This isn't the place to rehash the years of conversation we've had on PvP - so I would encourage you to read some of the other feedback from the development team on the value of PvP.

TLDR; the PvP modes at their very finest, most balanced and exciting, only appeal to a very small number of players. Ever. Since the beginning of time in Arlor. There was not a point in history where PvP was anything more than a fun diversion for a handful of our beloved Legends.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This isn't the place to rehash the years of conversation we've had on PvP - so I would encourage you to read some of the other feedback from the development team on the value of PvP.

TLDR; the PvP modes at their very finest, most balanced and exciting, only appeal to a very small number of players. Ever. Since the beginning of time in Arlor. There was not a point in history where PvP was anything more than a fun diversion for a handful of our beloved Legends.
    I have been playing AL for a very long time. I only play this game for the PvP mode. As do most of the people I know in the game. As I mentioned before, even if only one player played PvP, it should still be in your list of priorities. Every aspect of the game is important, regardless of the number of participants.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This makes no sense cause first of all when I addressed this problem for the first time u said that staff would fail to proc on immune targets but u had "fixed it" and told me to look into it and let u know but it never changed, it still don't proc on immune targets and now ur saying that it's part of the mechanic of the staff which also makes no sense cause every weapon that has a proc in the game do proc on immune targets and it has always been like that

No proc in game can bypass or ignore immunity but u are still allowed to proc before hand to get the damage buffs and also other benifits of the proc that is being used but the target itself it's not taking any damage while his immunity is active. It's a very big disadvantage and it actually makes the sb staff unusable in pvp cause it means that u would have to time ur proc perfectly with the target's immunity to sussesfully proc which Is an unrealistic thing to do.

What we are trying to say here is to please make the staff proc work like all the other procs do so we can properly used it in pvp( idk if the same thing is happening in pve with the immunity situation)

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xFreaKzx View Post
    This makes no sense cause first of all when I addressed this problem for the first time u said that staff would fail to proc on immune targets but u had "fixed it" and told me to look into it and let u know but it never changed, it still don't proc on immune targets and now ur saying that it's part of the mechanic of the staff which also makes no sense cause every weapon that has a proc in the game do proc on immune targets and it has always been like that

No proc in game can bypass or ignore immunity but u are still allowed to proc before hand to get the damage buffs and also other benifits of the proc that is being used but the target itself it's not taking any damage while his immunity is active. It's a very big disadvantage and it actually makes the sb staff unusable in pvp cause it means that u would have to time ur proc perfectly with the target's immunity to sussesfully proc which Is an unrealistic thing to do.

What we are trying to say here is to please make the staff proc work like all the other procs do so we can properly used it in pvp( idk if the same thing is happening in pve with the immunity situation)

So far as I can tell the individual debuffs are being applied unless the target is specifically immune. I’ll double check since you’re saying that it’s not behaving properly. I do not see visual effects on all of the debuffs - so it may be related to that (insofar as you may not be seeing debuffs that are actually being applied) - so we will need to figure out how to address that.

To be clear: you’re advocating that the procs ignore target immunity? I kinda figured that would be the general sentiment but so far it doesn’t sound like there is consensus.

| | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The only problem is the lightning effect , that lightning effect does damage over time and it doesn't proc when target has immunity unlike orb that does proc this lightning over the target doing heavy dot, other than that everything else is good

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So far as I can tell the individual debuffs are being applied unless the target is specifically immune. I’ll double check since you’re saying that it’s not behaving properly. I do not see visual effects on all of the debuffs - so it may be related to that (insofar as you may not be seeing debuffs that are actually being applied) - so we will need to figure out how to address that.

To be clear: you’re advocating that the procs ignore target immunity? I kinda figured that would be the general sentiment but so far it doesn’t sound like there is consensus.

I forgot to add that the orb does proc the lightning (dot) on immune targets in my latest feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by xFreaKzx View Post
    I forgot to add that the orb does proc the lightning (dot) on immune targets in my latest feedback

Let’s hope everyone else sees this and agrees with us. PvP is just unplayable as long as a warrior is in the fight. I mentioned before that a warrior can literally take on a whole team easily. I don’t think they will do anything to level the playing field. Anyways, let’s just hope they do something to be able to match the warriors’ power.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Killyxan View Post

yes pls need more time, or increase dmg of pull, krak aeg have 8 sec and give same 75% dmg red @.@ ty

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk