Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New use for spirit weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Default New use for spirit weapons

I am warrior class user and i would prefer spirit weapons to have different use.

Level 71 spirit weapons have pull proc, proc visual looks nice (would be cool aura), but i haven't found use for the weapon to this day. Sometimes i use my spirit blade when running kraag tombs 4 to see proc visual for instance, but most of the time it just slows me down, so it sits in inventory.
    Level 76 spirit (eating machine weaponry) came with damage done procs. Blade was meant for single target, Aegis vs multi targets. Aegis took job of blade and is broken damage dealing weapon, blade is, well blade, STS know.

Speaking from my experience, it took me couple months to level up eating machine blade and in the end it sits in my inventory and i can name 5 better weapons for warrior class to fight bosses, that did not require me to spend months to level up.

I would like to see different use for spirit weapons from 2 reasons:
    1. we get damage dealing procs every level cap in mythic and arcane weapons,
    2. spirit weapons take really long time to level up, and that should get rewarded with something lasting longer,

Idea:
    I would welcome new Spirit Weapons to be self-buff weapons. Proc would last 10 sec with 10 sec cd, every possible buff would stack and being applied only to weapon user. Proc would be applied from 1st strike, just like skull axe does. Weapon would need 60 levels to reach max potential, and would offer one buff, e.g:
    level 1 weapon gives 1% gold loot, level 30 weapon gives 10% gold loot, level 60 weapon gives 25% gold loot,
    level 1 weapon gives 1% speed, level 30 weapon gives 10% speed, level 60 weapon gives 25% speed,
    level 1 weapon gives 1% luck, level 30 weapon gives 10% luck, level 60 weapon gives 25% luck,
    level 1 weapon gives 1% damage, level 30 weapon gives 10% damage, level 60 weapon gives 25% damage,

Example of use:
    Player is fighting boss, kraken sword proc is active and on cooldown, while boss is about to die. Player swap to new spirit sword weapon, strikes boss and %gold loot buff is being applied for 10 seconds, then player swap to gold loot set to finish boss. So, proc would last 10 sec with 10 sec cooldown, but this weapon ignores other active weapon procs, and can be used anytime when it's 10 sec cd is done. (inspired in star beast 200% damage set buff)

This is something i would welcome, does not have to be gold loot or speed or damage buff from proc, but what other awakes are actually popular in PvE? Mana Ignore? Almost. Critical damage is popular, but i would exclude this one, tho. Weapon, that can buff certain stat by 25% whenever player wants would be handy.

Concern:
    Some players, who can't get their hands on latest mythic/ arcane equipment might pick spirit as an weaker alternative (this was reason for spirit wasn't it?). Spirit is for free and players might get unhappy with 25% self-buff proc instead of something that eating machine aegis offers. It was just a suggestion, tho. You can create whole new branch of self-buff stacking proc weapons i guess. ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Sounds nice but should be 100-1,500%

3.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,489 Posts

Thanks, we'll consider this when designing future spirit weapons. Existing spirit weapons will not change.

-ALS