Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback: 86 Force Weapons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmqp View Post
    Nightblade:

vs mobs: very good
    - excellent, i can't say anything against it. It kills Elder Woods mobs (multiple) with about 2 charged hits and can do the same to Elite Zodias mobs, and even LB Zodias/ Kt 4 mobs. And all this without kraken weapon or armor proc. Ofc, i am testing it with latest star beast set, so in bad set it might not feel as strong, but with latest set i can say this weapon is very powerful vs mobs. It put them to sleep on its own fast, and when you add kraken procs, it turns into killing machine. On top of that the pull in it really helps with erasing groups of mobs from map smoother. It is nothing, what older force weapon did not do vs mobs, but to close this part, new nightblade weapon is very good vs mobs and i am grateful for that.

vs bosses: as good as snowstorm/ star beast swords
    - here i am afraid my suggestion about giving it between 1.200-1.300 DPS is in place. Speaking of clean weapons without awaken, nightblade is as strong as snowstorm blade or star beast chain sword. I mean there are maybe little damage differences, but those are nothing special, all 3 weapons perform relatively same as main DPS weapon vs bosses. Here is what i did during testing. I proced kraken sword + armor and all other arcane procs, swapped to sb set + each of 3 weapons and i took about same hp of LB Orrick/Hydra and Hedourah. This weapon should be significantly better than snowstorm vs bosses (that's my opinion, currently 2m worth snowstorm can provide same performance vs bosses).

Proc: 1st part is very good, 2nd part is bad
    - 1st part with pull and debuff and cool visual is very good, i like it a lot.
    - 2nd part with dmg reflection is very bad... It does not kill mobs quick (just go try it vs mobs, actual charged hit takes most of hp of mobs away and reflection shield can't even finish them) and it can do no harm to bosses (literally full hp boss remains full hp). This part should be replaced with DOT of other 2 class weapons (in my opinion). One more reason to replace it with DOT is 12 sec cooldown of reflection shield. I am used to do charged attack when i pull enemies, that delivers higher dmg per hit to enemy, but this time charged attack triggers reflection shield proc and i don't rly want it to get triggered. Hope you can remove this shield, or make it without cooldown, but for 1 sec (simply rework or remove it).

Summary:
    - Great weapon vs mobs, and it is multi target weapon, so very good choice vs mobs over snowstorm sword/ star beast chain sword, but in boss fight this weapon is as good as other 2 when used as DPS weapon in damage set. 1st part of proc is good, 2nd part is bad.

Suggestion:
    - I wish you can make it stronger. I would love for it to have between 1.2 to 1.3k dps (still way lower than other 2 class weapons), or give it boss damage (and to both other class weapons too). Snowstorm weapons have +20% boss damage as base stat, make it +20, +25 or +30% base boss damage stat in new Rusk weapons? Damage reflection proc is something i really don't like and wish it can be replaced or completely removed.

(almost) Last words:
    I am going to play AL with it so i might come up with something more to share.

Note: I've noticed this weapon shows incorrect stats. Can you double check if Rusk Nightsaber stats are being applied/ displayed correctly, please? Currently it shows me lower base damage than from clean snowstorm blade. Star Beast Chain Sword shows me greater base damage than snowstorm blade. So maybe this is a bug, because nightblade has slighty better stats than star beast chainsword.

ty
    cinco removed the 2.5k reflect he said it was cause it was soo strong so if ur saying 1k relfect is trash shouldnt they ad back the 2.5k reflect to make it better and reduce cooldown to 5-7 sec or change it all together

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Americanarmy For This Useful Post: