Thanked in
    183 Posts

Default Obama won

Not surprised but happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Yay, medical field gets screwed and more benefits for those who don't like to work! -.-

That's definitely the way to fix the US economy, yessir. I don't know when US citizens will stop thinking about themselves and more towards the country as a whole. The entitlements that we have now is the major reason why the US is in debt. We blame presidents, but it's really our own fault.

The general public wants this: lower taxes but more benefits. This does not work out, as it's one or the other. Although I'm not for benefits/entitlements because I believe that it makes Americans lazy, but if you want them, the taxes should be equally high to balance out the cost of entitlements/benefits.

My philosophy is this, "People will only accomplish what is needed to be accomplished." What does this mean? If the bar is set low, then they will only rise up to barely meet the expectations of that bar. If the bar is set high, then they will be challenged to meet the expectations of that bar.

Darwin's theory about "survival of the fittest" dwindles in our society.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Woo..... *moves to Canada* now I won't get screwed, and I can play AL!
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaonabiuibil View Post
    <3 take me wiff youuu

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Apollo, did you fall asleep with Fox News on again?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Apollo, did you fall asleep with Fox News on again?
    I prefer the blaze glenn beck ftw

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

So happy about this. 50% of America was blinded by the right-wing media spin. They are so good at painting the left as horrible people... and making people believe it.

Romney was a horrible candidate. They build their entire campaign on Obama's shortcomings. All they said was "Obama stinks" and "i'll fix everything". But everytime someone asked Romney how he would fix things.. he never described how he would do it. All he did was tell people what they wanted to hear.

Obama might have failed in some things, but he also accomplished a crap ton for us. He also has shown us all his entire plan. Whether we agree with everything about the plan is one thing, but at least we see his plan.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Just fell out of my chair with laughter

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    So happy about this. 50% of America was blinded by the right-wing media spin. They are so good at painting the left as horrible people... and making people believe it.

Romney was a horrible candidate. They build their entire campaign on Obama's shortcomings. All they said was "Obama stinks" and "i'll fix everything". But everytime someone asked Romney how he would fix things.. he never described how he would do it. All he did was tell people what they wanted to hear.

Obama might have failed in some things, but he also accomplished a crap ton for us. He also has shown us all his entire plan. Whether we agree with everything about the plan is one thing, but at least we see his plan.
    Well when my grandchildren are still paying for his seemingly limitless spending, I will let them talk to you. Obama may have patched things up, and i say that with a hint of sarcasm, but the real problem of his spending has yet to be seen.

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Here's an idea! Spend all the money we have, give away everything we have, and smile at the public!
    -Barack Obama
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tvis View Post
    Here's an idea! Spend all the money we have, give away everything we have, and smile at the public!
    -Barack Obama
    Only problem is that we have no money. I really am wondering how they're going to write the budget bill this year and get it passed, if it hasn't already been written.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Watch moar fox news, mit lovers.
    gf.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

MOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOoooonnnnNNNnNNNnn BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaAAAaaaaAAAAASE

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    Well when my grandchildren are still paying for his seemingly limitless spending, I will let them talk to you. Obama may have patched things up, and i say that with a hint of sarcasm, but the real problem of his spending has yet to be seen.
    Ignorant. You cannot stop the biggest recession since the great depression without some big spending. Not only that, but cleaning up the war effort.

The only thing that he really threw money at that wasn't needed, was green energy. And if you cannot see the need for us to start investing heavily in green energy, then you are blind. Can you fathom how much coal and oil the world consumes each day? Can you also comprehend that the stuff comes from the Earth and takes a LONG time to form? We are burning through the Earth's lifeblood at an alarming rate. When should we start investing in alternatives? After we have depleted all of these resources? When it becomes a critical situation threatening to throw everything into chaos? No. Now is the time to start investing in alternatives.

I would advise your grandchildren to go have words with George W's great grandchildren about why he forced Obama to spend so much money to clean up his mess.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Ty Morf. <3

To all of you that blindly listen to fox news, or your right winged parents, do some research of your own.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    Ignorant. You cannot stop the biggest recession since the great depression without some big spending. Not only that, but cleaning up the war effort.

The only thing that he really threw money at that wasn't needed, was green energy. And if you cannot see the need for us to start investing heavily in green energy, then you are blind. Can you fathom how much coal and oil the world consumes each day? Can you also comprehend that the stuff comes from the Earth and takes a LONG time to form? We are burning through the Earth's lifeblood at an alarming rate. When should we start investing in alternatives? After we have depleted all of these resources? When it becomes a critical situation threatening to throw everything into chaos? No. Now is the time to start investing in alternatives.

I would advise your grandchildren to go have words with George W's great grandchildren about why he forced Obama to spend so much money to clean up his mess.
    Clearly you cannot begin to fathom 8 trillion dollars.

Let's take Pocket Legends for instance. Lets say by some radically odd event Evolt gets 8 billion Gold in debt. Do you think he will borrow another 8 billion to get out of debt with? I highly doubt it. If anything, he would find a way to get an income and multiply that. Or perhaps, if he did borrow, it would be a couple million. He would then use that to multiply it and pay his debt.

Common sense is common sense whether it refers to the president or not. You don't borrow money that you don't have so that you can gamble with it. ESPECIALLY not 8 trillion dollars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Here was Romney's plan.

Lower taxes on the rich.

THEN, they can use the money they saved to expand their businesses.

THEN, with the expansion of business, more people can get more jobs.

THEN, those people can be taxed because they have those jobs.

THEN, the government makes money to spend for public, national, debt, etc. use.

Obama's plan.

LOWER taxes for lower class.

TAX millionaires through the roof.

If they're taxed, they can't expand their businesses. That's why the unemployment rate is so high. People are afraid to grow and hire with the fear of getting taxed up their butts.
    If they can't hire, people get no jobs, and they can't pay for taxes. And the economy is screwed.

Obama said he'd get this country to 5.4% unemployment by the end of his first term. It's over 8%.

Now, I wonder what plan is better.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaonabiuibil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Here was Romney's plan.

Lower taxes on the rich.

Obama's plan.

LOWER taxes for lower class.

TAX millionaires through the roof.

If they're taxed, they can't expand their businesses. That's why the unemployment rate is so high. People are afraid to grow and hire with the fear of getting taxed up their butts.
    If they can't hire, people get no jobs, and they can't pay for taxes. And the economy is screwed.

Obama said he'd get this country to 5.4% unemployment by the end of his first term. It's over 8%.

Now, I wonder what plan is better.
    tax millionaires through the roof? no dont think so..its about time they start paying there fair share of taxes...

The richest woman in Wisconsin, Diane Hendricks, is worth an estimated $2.8 billion, but she did not pay a dime in state income tax in 2010.. now you tell me how is that fair.....
    Last edited by Dalinuel; 11-07-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Thundarr lvl 15 warrior
    Midas lvl 12 sorcerer
    Guinevere lvl 12 rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I see the misrepresentations are going to continue even though the election is over. The war in Iraq put us in debt to China. Reagan was the first to borrow from China. Clinton expanded China to most-favored-nation status because he borrowed more. But the largest amount borrowed from China was by GW Bush to finance the war in Iraq.

I do not like war. I am a veteran, and like most veterans I consider it an evil thing. I realize that people who have never served, who only play war on video games, think it is some sort of romantic thing, but it's just not. It's ugly, and it is definitely evil. I didn't see the value in attacking Iraq. Everyone said they had nukes, or were developing chemical weapons. But the fact is, they never found any weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. And they definitely did not go there because of 9/11. 9/11 was an attack by Saudi dissidents. Bin Laden's ultimate goal was to oust America from Saudi Arabia and spark a religious revolution there putting himself in charge. In particular, he had repeatedly said that our air base in Saudi Arabia was on land sacred to his religion. So it had nothing to do with 9/11. I was never convinced that we needed to fight that war.

But we did, and there is no changing the past. That means we have debts.

Furthermore, there is real information, not "spin", that indicates the actual change in our indebtedness, and it was never as exagerated as the President's opponents said. The % change of the debt under GW Bush was 89%, under Obama it is 41.4%.

Finally, the Bush Tax Cuts caused the staggering increase of deficit. He cut 1.8 trillion a year from collections without decreasing spending. In fact, Bush increased spending. So when you see the debt going up 1.8 trillion a year, think about that $200 we all got in our paychecks ten years ago, because that's what the working man got from Bush. The rich got to be tax-free. Well, obviously, that did NOT result in a boon for the economy... this trickled-down theory:
    Lower taxes on the rich.

... has been tried and it is a fail. When rich people make more money, the simply do not "expand their businesses". They invest in bonds. The income from bonds is not taxable, you see. Why should they "expand their businesses" when they can get guaranteed income that is tax-free? Or they buy stocks, which are taxed at a lower rate. Furthermore, those who are that rich, if they DO have businesses (and most do not), are smart enough to know that you can get cheaper workers in other countries. In short, the whole trickle-down theory is voodoo economics.

In fact, it is experimental economics. A real economics takes the care of the workers into consideration. A real economics considers the existence of children and stay-at-home moms, which are essential to the furtherance of the species. A pie-in-the-sky economics is based on purely business models, and they only work on paper. In reality, there is much more to an economy than business. Every society (based on anthropology studies of primitive peoples) has some form of taxation. And every society has some mechanism to inspire lazy people (like me) to work. But one thing has never worked, ever: you can't take out more than you put in. Sadly, that was all Romney said he had to offer. He would cut taxes and that would cause this trickle-down. But GW Bush tried that and it came "this close" to causing another depression.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 11-07-2012 at 05:05 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd:844099
    Ty Morf. <3

To all of you that blindly listen to fox news, or your right winged parents, do some research of your own.
    It stay away from fox
    Generally check cnn
    Obama still came out looking like the worse choice, through my research
    But maybe thats just for my personal specific issues
    Definately didnt agree with all of romneys points either