Thread: Guild Building/Improvement/Leveling

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Question Guild Building/Improvement/Leveling

I'm not sure if this has been talked about in the past, but i'd like to get it out there.

Would it be possible for guilds to level up with the characters in the guilds?
    For guilds to be based on a leveling system, and the more as each character gets xp, the xp will go to the guild level as well.

Leveling system:
    For example: A Level 1 guild has 0/10000 xp. Each time a person in the guild receives xp, the guild will too.
    Full guild runs together could even possibly give bonus xp. (if the game is full with everyone in the same guild).
    This will build the guild's people together, make it more active, (We've all been in those guilds where absolutely nobody talks) and have the
    guild act as a unit as it should.
    As for level 76's (or whatever the level cap may be) who do not earn xp, they could help out other guildmates of lower levels.

Achievements:
    This could also result in more achievements.
    For example: an achievement for reaching Level 5/Level 10, etc.

Vanities:
    A guild vanity.
    This would make people want to level a guild up.
    For example: Every 10 levels is a different vanity. (Sorta like the veteran's one, where they come separate, but all piece together.)
    Shields could be creative. There could be 4. One saying Member, Recruiter, Officer, Leader. (Each shield getting a little cooler as it goes up.)
    As for the leader, he could get a crown, or custom vanities of his own.(This could promote people to buy guilds themselves $$$)

This could possibly be for any STS game, but I play pl.
    This could need many adjustments (if even possible in the first place), but i just wanted to get the idea out there.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cavoc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Yet for a full party you get +30% xp ,
    But sweet ideas with the vanities!
    Proud Co-Leader of Xplict
    Sciazaratek: lv. 75 str/dex polarbear;
    Sciazarcher : lv.71 pure dex duck ;
    Sciazmage : lv. 75 pure int enchanter ;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Guild-related expansions/improvements in general has been suggested numerous times, nothing happened... Let me see, guild vanities (check), guild leveling up (check), guild alliances (check), guild message board (check), guild dungeons (check), guild skills (check), so on and so forth...nada, zero, null...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    Guild-related expansions/improvements in general has been suggested numerous times, nothing happened... Let me see, guild vanities (check), guild leveling up (check), guild alliances (check), guild message board (check), guild dungeons (check), guild skills (check), so on and so forth...nada, zero, null...
    Yep, we've asked for them and haven't gotten any improvements. But I am going to keep asking until STS says "No, we will not make improvements" I might not give up then either. And it doesn't mean that we should stop asking for them. Guild improvements would be a huge benefit for players and the guild masters!!

Tron, thanks for the post, you made some excellent suggestions! And there is nothing wrong with asking for something again.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Runescape...! -shifty eyes-

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I can see the whining already from people in smaller guilds.

I don't really see this working as is, it seems like a broken idea and it doesn't really address an existent issue. Just invite 4 guild members to a party and you'll get an xp bonus.

Guild vanities - maybe. Extra xp? No

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid View Post
    I can see the whining already from people in smaller guilds.

I don't really see this working as is, it seems like a broken idea and it doesn't really address an existent issue. Just invite 4 guild members to a party and you'll get an xp bonus.

Guild vanities - maybe. Extra xp? No
    The extra xp was more for the guild itself's xp. Not the individual person. I just stated this simply because I think it would keep guild more together, and not those ghost guild where nobody interacts with one another.
    Edit: Plus, does every improvement need to be because of a preexisting issue? Or can an improvement simply be for a building block?
    Last edited by Cavoc; 11-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I think these are great ideas!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

I like vanity part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark:844047
    I like vanity part.
    Everyone "like vanity part". Free stuff? Yay sure
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Idk about the xp mechanic, but leveling up based on your activity or time in the guild could be interesting.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The guild-leveling idea is alright, but honestly I don't see a huge relevance nor a benefit to STS that would make it merit the resources to do that. However, if you said instead that they could create a guild-specific vanity of some sort, as many MMO's have, where the guild master can pay, let's say 100 plat, with some non-basic options for additional plat create a color-scheme based off of a few simple options to in addition to the Tier3 guildhall's 100 plat or even include it in the price of a possible Tier4+ guild hall. Then each individual member could pay another 5-15 plat for the duplicated version, or even have a slight difference/graphic to represent Officers, Recruiters, etc. which you could charge a little more for.

For example, simple options for a vanity armor:
    Six different bases for the appearance (maybe even have non-basic cost a little more plat on a +5-10-15-20 scale)
    Six different base colors (maybe with a similar non-basic colors = +5-10-15, etc.)
    Six different trim colors (same...)
    Six different options for a graphic on the chest or some kind of flair/spell effect (you could charge primo additional for these +25, 50, etc)

With this you get 1296+ potential options for the vanity item, and STS can rake in 100-300+ plat for the initial creation, then get another 5-20 plat per member that buys one. It's a simple thing to do with a relatively easy code to create, and a proven success rate in other games that could generate an average 10-20 plat per guild member in the game... and I'm guessing there is thousands.
    AL: Surai - L20 Sorcerer, and Odr - L20 Warrior
    Yes, BriannaRae is my wife - don't be jealous!
    (Retired) PL: Khahl - L76 Sword-Bird

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khahl View Post
    The guild-leveling idea is alright, but honestly I don't see a huge relevance nor a benefit to STS that would make it merit the resources to do that. However, if you said instead that they could create a guild-specific vanity of some sort, as many MMO's have, where the guild master can pay, let's say 100 plat, with some non-basic options for additional plat create a color-scheme based off of a few simple options to in addition to the Tier3 guildhall's 100 plat or even include it in the price of a possible Tier4+ guild hall. Then each individual member could pay another 5-15 plat for the duplicated version, or even have a slight difference/graphic to represent Officers, Recruiters, etc. which you could charge a little more for.

For example, simple options for a vanity armor:
    Six different bases for the appearance (maybe even have non-basic cost a little more plat on a +5-10-15-20 scale)
    Six different base colors (maybe with a similar non-basic colors = +5-10-15, etc.)
    Six different trim colors (same...)
    Six different options for a graphic on the chest or some kind of flair/spell effect (you could charge primo additional for these +25, 50, etc)

With this you get 1296+ potential options for the vanity item, and STS can rake in 100-300+ plat for the initial creation, then get another 5-20 plat per member that buys one. It's a simple thing to do with a relatively easy code to create, and a proven success rate in other games that could generate an average 10-20 plat per guild member in the game... and I'm guessing there is thousands.
    I do like this idea. Or even if the color schemes were preset.
    I'm open to hear your opinions, I don't take any criticism to offense, especially if you have a logical reasoning to back it up.
    As I said before, it has flaws, i just wanted to get the thought out there, and if i didnt post this, it wouldve bugged me like crazy.