Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Most annoying things in AL...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

hey can we have guild ranking too please????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroflame View Post
    Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease allow easier access to kraag
    Please don't allow easier access to kraag.

I like the way it is.

When I get to about level 8, i can access the stash. When I get to about level 12, I can access the market. This is the way it should be. If level 1's are able to run around the market we will have more annoying spam, scammers, and beggers. In the other games, there is still the occasional high level that acts like a level 1 troll, but that is rare enough that it can be fixed with ignore.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to csb For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Pets... They are always unhappy and costs a fortune to feed them to make them happy. Well a fortune for new players :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Potions. Fast to go and use. Cost alot for new players, Make items liquidate for more than 5 coins... so people can make SOME money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    It would ruin your game experiance more if they added camera lock allow me to explain: as G said, if the camera is unlocked, the overall art and detail would lack quality, this is because there would be empty black sections/spaces such as back of buildings. This would look ugly and if there is ugly emptiness then there is no real point in moving the camera because you will look at the emptiness and be put off. Also it would save the art team a lot of time, so its a win win...
    Well, if they had rotation, they would fill those black areas. It would just reduce the graphical quality all around, possibly increase lag due to the system needing to fill those extra areas, even if you don't see them, and increase the file size, thus reducing your available storage on your device.

While the last part may not be that big of a deal to some, like 64gb iPod/iPhone users, there are those that have to monitor what's installed and manage their storage. I suppose you could make the argument that you could move it to the SD card on Android, but that would increase lag even more as your device accessed the card and transferred files. There is also the fact that Android seems to be slowly moving away from the SD card, as evidenced by Googles last four Nexus devices. The Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, and the Nexus 7 all lack SD card slots. It's only a matter of time before the various manufactures follow suit.

In summary, the fixed camera IS there for a reason, to reduce requirements and lag in such a graphically demanding game especially on devices that have, at best, anemic GPU's and limited RAM. I would not expect that to change.

-----
    Sent from my Nexus 7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Potions and armor
    I got 20 deaths but most of them were due to lag and since lag was gone i got 2. Now lower my armor and i will be like a Nuke Mage in PL trying trying to solo Red Dragon.
    Ok now imagine the pots it will take to solo a boss. About 10-15 in less than 5 mins but wait, we are not even making profit out of the boss.

Unless we all get 100k to start i will be fine with potions prices.
    Last edited by NiN; 11-15-2012 at 11:19 AM.

PL-ItsNiNNY-76 PL-Uglybearlolz-76
    AL-NiNNY-21 Rogue
    AL-NiN-21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch:853299
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    It would ruin your game experiance more if they added camera lock allow me to explain: as G said, if the camera is unlocked, the overall art and detail would lack quality, this is because there would be empty black sections/spaces such as back of buildings. This would look ugly and if there is ugly emptiness then there is no real point in moving the camera because you will look at the emptiness and be put off. Also it would save the art team a lot of time, so its a win win...
    Well, if they had rotation, they would fill those black areas. It would just reduce the graphical quality all around, possibly increase lag due to the system needing to fill those extra areas, even if you don't see them, and increase the file size, thus reducing your available storage on your device.

While the last part may not be that big of a deal to some, like 64gb iPod/iPhone users, there are those that have to monitor what's installed and manage their storage. I suppose you could make the argument that you could move it to the SD card on Android, but that would increase lag even more as your device accessed the card and transferred files. There is also the fact that Android seems to be slowly moving away from the SD card, as evidenced by Googles last four Nexus devices. The Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, and the Nexus 7 all lack SD card slots. It's only a matter of time before the various manufactures follow suit.

In summary, the fixed camera IS there for a reason, to reduce requirements and lag in such a graphically demanding game especially on devices that have, at best, anemic GPU's and limited RAM. I would not expect that to change.

-----
    Sent from my Nexus 7
    couldnt have said it better myself =)
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post

-----
    Sent from my Nexus 7
    It's in pocket legends. It's in other MMO's on Android as well. On iOS, like I said, this won't fly.

It's late 2012, Jellybean is out on Android, we got a new IPad, new iPhone and they can't implement camera rotation?

They could have given us an option to use it or keep it locked for people with old devices
    Last edited by Ladycandyheal; 11-15-2012 at 03:45 PM.

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladycandyheal View Post
    It's in pocket legends. It's in other MMO's on Android as well. On iOS, like I said, this won't fly.

It's late 2012, Jellybean is out on Android, we got a new IPad, new iPhone and they can't implement camera rotation?

They could have given us an option to use it or keep it locked for people with old devices
    Lol, I'm quite sure there will be plenty of players on iOS when it releases. No worries there.

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Camera rotation is huge in this game! So aggravating not to be able to select an npc when so many other ppls are standing around that char. WIth camera rotation it gives a different angle to this. Please put it in.
    Revox Archer 74 Apocaalyse Mage 71 Archerblue Pure Archer Level 62 Bblink Pure Mage Level 62 Cressybear Attack/Tank level 71 Revox Operative 46 Blinc Engineer 46 Cressy 46 Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostar View Post
    Camera rotation is huge in this game! So aggravating not to be able to select an npc when so many other ppls are standing around that char. WIth camera rotation it gives a different angle to this. Please put it in.
    Get near the npc and your attack button turns into a hand. Tap it.

-----
    Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Player edicate- not joining a fight for any reason (in elite jarl guy told me his armor is weak wt!#$%f), joining a game to get in a party and leeave, running to boss, pulling excessive aggro in elite, etc.

Sure there are time when real life interferes, but there is alot that peeople can do to minimize these annoyances

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostar View Post
    Thats what the pointer finger is for when you get close to npc its in place of attack. Also they arnt going to change it. Its that was for a reason.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What major annoyances do you have with the game with regards to:

- Pets - They're a little too idle. Sometimes you have monsters right around the corner or you're already attacking them but your pet just stands there and does nothing. They still know there are monsters nearby so they don't even pick loot. Nexus' attack range majorly screws the pet up and I only get him to target monsters when I run in circles around the pet.

- Balance - Warriors can get 2k+ hp and 600+ armor, sorcerers and rogues are very squishy and their attacks aren't strong enough in comparison. Normal elite monsters hit my rogue(450 armor) for 200+ damage, yet I hit them for 60-100(normal attack without charging) using the strongest weapon in game.

- Combat - Pretty good really. I like most of it. Just need more monsters(different types; animals, plants, demons, etc) and new content to keep it interesting.

- Skills - All good. Passive skills and more skill points will hopefully make everything even better.

- Itemization - I'd like more equipment with different effects. Damage reduction, autocast skills/effects, etc etc. Just so there's not one "best" item but multiple for different purposes.

- Social - Chatting is quite difficult on a tablet but that has little to do with the game. I'd like a dropdown menu to pick whether to send messages to party or guild. And that said, partychat and guildchat.

- End Game - More content needed. And elite chests really make normal chests worthless. I'd quite like normal loots and chests being worthwhile for those who aren't farming elites. Also, more gold drop from monsters of all levels.
    Tuik - Rogue
    Pululu - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Pets -* we need more pets firstly. All pets should have 20% dec time of getting hungry. Pet food's charges should decrease by 10-20%.
    There should be some absurd pets, with absurd bonus. Like, inc damage by 20% and Dec mana by 15%, +2 mana generation. This should make things interesting.
    We need more pet type, there are basically 5-10 types of pets with other all being of just diff colours.

Ui - Gender decision. Rogues are harassed cause they are females while the real girls are warriors, -.-. Camera rotation.
    Rogues should have a awesome glowing trail every time they use shadow pierce.

Balance - probably what should be ur current main aim.

Balance Enemies - inc health by 10% for minions and 5% for bosses.

Dec 10% damage for both minions and bosses, also Dec their critical chances. Add dodge for enemies as well, maybe 3% for minions and 1% for bosses.

Balance class -

Warriors - inc STR by 10%, Dec mana (INT) by 15%. Inc armor by 5% and Dec damage by 5%. Dec health generation. By 10%

add a new type of permanent skill for all three classes that have a chance of happening, like critical and dodge have. For warriors -

Mad rage (1.5% chance of happening while in combat) - desc - warriors get angry for fighting for so long time and hence becomes extremely angry for a short period of time .

effect - Damage inc to 200% of current damage for 8 seconds, critical inc by +5% for 5 secs and dodge decreased to 0 for 8 seconds. At the end of 8 seconds when MAD RAGE ends, warriors end up with 50% STR drained(of the health they have left at the end of 8 secs) and 100% MANA drained( as they use the mana to boost their muscles with magic for 8 secs) .

Rogues - inc STR by 10%, inc damage by 5% Dec , Dec INT by 5%. And inc mana and health generation by +2. Yes rogues are biasedly weak compared to warriors and mages.

Deadly focus -(1.8% chance of happening while in combat) - desc - rogues gain extreme focus while fighting for are a small period of time ending them unleashing vengeance on enemy.

Effect - 100% dodge for 8 secs, 50% critical for 5 secs, and damage inc to 160% of current damage for 8 secs. At end of deadly focus, critical 0 for 10 secs.

Mages - inc str by 15% so that they can take atleast 3 hits of elite minions. Damage inc by 5% and dex inc by 5%. Int Dec by 10%. +3 mana generation. Mages face very hard time like rogues and need some attributes to be changed.

Mana madness - (2% chance of happening while in combat ) - desc - while in combat mages use their high intelligence for sometimes collecting and using all their power in one short which drains them for a minor period of time.

Effect - 150% damage for 8 secs, enemy's armor Dec by 20% for 6 secs. And STR up to 200% for 8 secs. At the end of the attack, mama is drained to 0 and damage is Dec to 50% for 6 secs.

Skills - Haven't played with warrior and mage class for long so can't comment about that but many rich skills need changes. Main problem with skills is that there is no skills which effects higher no. of enemies like 5.

Aimed shot, damage decreased by 10%.

Noxious bolt, should hit a max of 3 enemies and not just 1. So if there is one enemy and it hits him, he takes full damage. If two enemies then damage is divided into 50%-59% each, and 33.3% each if three enemies.

Pierce attack should have a chance to hit 5 times instead of 3. Like, 10% chance of it hitting 5 enemies.

Shadow bomb, there is one sub skill which ends makes it blow when it ends. Replace it with, mana refill, refills 100% mana of all allies standing in the circle when it blows off.

Medic pack should have a chance of throwing 4 instead of three packs . 5% chance maybe. And it should refill our health to full when we charge it ( just imagine, a soldier in an army, if dying won't throw medic packs to allies first before healing himself to normal).

Replace the trap skill by some attack which decreases enemy hit chance to 40% for 6 secs. Like, shadow powder, makes enemy hard to see us for a short period of time. And yes, some good sub skills which I am in no mood of thinking.

Social, combat and end game - will think about them later.

About items - there should be more weapons, armors for all skills so they can customize build type to their liking. Also, skirts for rogues, full body suit for rogues, Cooler blades for rogues, fencing swords maybe for rogues.

Wands for mages as an option to rod. For armor, they can have cool looking protective energy pods( like the purple one they get in a skill).

Warriors - add hammers, shields that u guys already are adding.

And cool looking Amulets for all pls. I know ring is hard to see but amulets will be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

I want a squid buddy pet! Come on, STS, make this happen! Sell it for plat, you all will be able to retire then.

-----
    Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Farming elite village for 8 hours and getting 3 pinks 2 eorth 2-3k another worth 30k....
    Last edited by Justg; 12-09-2012 at 03:34 PM.
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here's my suggestions...

1) The mobs in the elite dungeons should not hit quite as hard as they do. The boss fights should be tough, but a level 16 mage with 400 armor and decent gear should not die from 2 mob hits.

2) should have autotext like in PL so I can put useful terms in there like "Hurry!" and not have to type while in the middle of a battle. Also useful if you are trying to sell an item in the CS area (although some find this annoying), you don't have to keep typing it.

3) I understand that with class specific gear you cannot see what a certain armor looks like on your character if it's for another class. But this causes a problem because sometimes we would like to see what gear looks like if we're going to trade it, or sell it, or maybe buy it to resell (if you are a merchant). So how about this for an idea...if you are viewing an item for another class in your inventory or in the CS, then you see it on a the class it's made for. So for example, I'm a mage, but if when looking in the CS I click on a warrior axe and then check the box to view, I see a warrior standing there holding the axe.

4) Initially I had a problem with the lack of being able to adjust the camera angle, but I have to say I have gotten use to this and no longer miss it. It even felt strange to do it when I signed into PL yesterday after playing AL for so many hours.

5) Someone mentioned this already, but perhaps something needs to be done with a target arrow or something highlighting the boss. Since the boss's health bar is high up on the screen, in the middle of a busy fight it's very hard to see where the boss even is. Maybe he needs to glow a little, or have his health bar over his head like in PL, or have some sort of target around him, but something needs to be done. Whenever we fight the boss in Kraag Tombs I cannot even see where he is. I just spam my skills and hope I'm hitting him.

6) Some gear combination presets would be useful. So like in PL, if I want to change gear in a hurry, I can do it.

7) Joining someone in a town should be easier. If their town is full, then perhaps you should get a popup message saying so. Instead, it just seems like it doesn't work. Also, sometimes I'm in Kraag and the person I want to join is also in Kraag (a different rendition of Kraag) and it won't let me join them unless I first leave and go somewhere else, and then come back. So in that case, there is no way for me to know if they are in a different rendition of Kraag or the same one. If I try to join someone it should have popups that tell me information like this. Like "you are in the same town as [name]", or "you cannot join because this town is full". Messages like this would be helpful.

8) It would be nice if there were some premium item sets with bonus and all like in PL. Maybe some sparkles or smoke added for effect when you equip the complete set, and some bonus stats for having a complete set.

9) A quest counter would be nice. Right now I have no idea how many quests there are, or if I did them all, or if I didn't do them all where are the ones I'm missing? Maybe a counter on my inspect screen for me and everyone else to see. And maybe a counter on the map which tells me how many quests there are in each dungeon/town and how many I have done out of those. And maybe a guide that can lead me to the next quest. All this stuff is in PL and implemented there quite nicely.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-09-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

PETS: A great i dea for pets would be to decreasw the amount of time between feedings as the pet levels up to balance out the increasing price to feed them. But by small margins of course, cant have pets that dont need to be fed.

UI: it would be nice if you made the avatar icon at the top left of the screen a short cut to the players stats instead of the menu.

ECONOMY: its ok. A steady increase in minimum gold drops as dungeon levels increase would be nice as well. like the minimum gold drop from chests, boxes, and crates is one gold. how about the minimum gets increased to 5gold in the next dundeon after rooks nest and increase from there.

SOCIAL: changes in or more varieties of guild halls. quite frankly i was disappointed in the guildhalls to choose from, besides the color, torches and amount of gold on the tables, the guild halls are basically the same. there was so much variety between.
    guildhalls in earlier games that I'm very surprised with these current halls in AL.

Potions should cost less in guild halls

Great game btw. aboslutsly love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicoB View Post
    PETS: A great i dea for pets would be to decreasw the amount of time between feedings as the pet levels up to balance out the increasing price to feed them. But by small margins of course, cant have pets that dont need to be fed.

UI: it would be nice if you made the avatar icon at the top left of the screen a short cut to the players stats instead of the menu.

ECONOMY: its ok. A steady increase in minimum gold drops as dungeon levels increase would be nice as well. like the minimum gold drop from chests, boxes, and crates is one gold. how about the minimum gets increased to 5gold in the next dundeon after rooks nest and increase from there.

SOCIAL: changes in or more varieties of guild halls. quite frankly i was disappointed in the guildhalls to choose from, besides the color, torches and amount of gold on the tables, the guild halls are basically the same. there was so much variety between.
    guildhalls in earlier games that I'm very surprised with these current halls in AL.

Potions should cost less in guild halls

Great game btw. aboslutsly love it
    Hmm, kinda true. I'd like the possibility to edit our inspect page, tho.