Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Most annoying things in AL...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    I have 200 something hp >.>
    Dmg is awesome and im fine with a good tank unless the boss had aoe dmg
    Loving the damage, just not sure how this will make a difference in PvP lol, some Tanks with 2-3k at lvl 15/16 lol, imagine at Lvl 50!

Yup, with a tank its fine.

Mage and Rogue on the other hand... xD

Can't remember HP but think its about that.. OW U SURVIFE WI ONLI 200! :O

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Not being able to play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

- Pets
    Pets have become rare reward with the patch. For new players constantly the need to feed your pet and not having credit (250c every 10-15min or so, while daily credit is just 1k a day), makes your pet a drag in stead of a joyfull help. I would say, let (new) players earn credit/food for there pets perhaps even by a (daily)quest. By doing this new players will have more joy from there pet.
    I see it as energy system, more pets more energy allows me to play more. 1 sad pet, with no credit for food, doesn't help you to get started as a newby in this game/adventure.

- UI
    Add stash to the first town, new players need a stash too.
    The UI is some getting used to, it even could add some more help of how to find things in the tutorial rather then having shortcuts in the reward system. Shortcuts are easy to gain the reward, but it doesn't help to find your way in to the UI.
    The so much spoken rotate-camera, it's designed to not need it. It works, you don't need it. Don't add it.
    Increase the distance to talk to npc with other players all stacked on each other, npc's are difficult to reach. Just a little so its easier to tap npc's.
    Quickchat is the only shortcut i love not to see return to this game. Not having it allows players actually chat rather then spam. Don't add it.
    Missing the ability to respec character points, is this by design too?

Locking a game seems impossible, only way now is to find a party even if you want to run solo..seems weird that you need others to be able to solo

- Combat
    It's pretty good. Perhaps bosses are a bit too easy for warriors, they can easily solo most of them without pot/stim usage. Where other classes having the trouble to even solo a map to reach a boss. I know it's a team play based game, but running solo isn't prohibited, is it?
    But the sorcerer is just a fluffy little 'it' (don't know which gender it is). To me he isn't that strong and it dies fairly easy due lack of armor even with a bunch of health. What is it's advantage? The ability to non close contact battle? Doesn't work well when you want to play solo or kill a boss Stronger skills would make him more useful perhaps or more AOE skill like the lightning from PL, it's single target in AL
    I haven't tried the rogue yet, i assume it isn't much different

- Skills
    Skills are fun. No revive is not a problem, it's a challenge. It's what a game should be, challenging.

- Itemization
    Since the patch with drop chance increases, pink and epic drop way too much. Initial droprate was fine. You had a change of getting epic or even pink if you were lucky. With the increased droprate, epic is nearly guaranteed drop as for chest drops. Silver chest guaranteed epic even a pink, gold chest guaranteed pink, they drop too often. Nobody will use a rare or white (trash) item with these increased droprates.

- Social
    It seems there is no mute-filter, is that right? I'll keep the chat filter enabled...

- End Game
    Thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Skills
    Mages need mana regeneration skill
    Alies add 1k.. It is really hard to earn money

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Prepare yarr selves to beee doomed by the faaaarrrttt gun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Pets... here's a suggestion for feeding. Why not make the cost to feed relative to the players/pets level?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tearacan View Post
    Increase the distance to talk to npc with other players all stacked on each other, npc's are difficult to reach. Just a little so its easier to tap npc's.
    Just a tip, your attack button becomes an action button when you get close to an NPC that you can communicate with. Makes it much easier when people are standing on top of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Economy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not beta testing, but agree especially with comments from tearacan on Itemization. Even in other SS games, "epic/rare" - should be as such. I'd actually like to see toons have a reason to use common items, especially early on... otherwise its all trash, why waste time designing/implementing?
    PL: Eisander, mage | SL: Cybrax, engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

- Pets
    I do like the idea that has been kicked around with scaling pet feeding cost with pet level.
    - UI
    Just the pop up menu when you select a toon. Hard to get a submenu. My earlier suggestion was to do a circular menu or maybe make the menu entires staggered or maybe even put them on the side.
    - Itemization
    Be nice to have similar filter mechanics in the inventory as it is in the auction
    - Social
    Been a couple times when i get a tell and i go /r and it says you have not received a tell.
    Be nice to have a chat lock feature so that you can lock your chat to guild chat or party chat or personal chat. Maybe something like /lg, /lp, /lt justg, /lo for locking guild chat, party chat, personal chat, officer chat, respectively. then maybe /u to unlock the chat.
    - End Game
    Nice to see some epicly long quests (like 250 hauntlet coins for one of the pets). wish there was more long terms quests like that.

Azibas, My Guess is 2027

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Sam said the following:

I found that the lack of rotation was incredibly annoying. It was without doubt the top annoyance. When I read the reason, it doesn't make sense to me. Are there backlogs of emails from new users complaining that they are confused? Because the topic never comes up here in the forums where people will rage quit over a hangnail. Is there another reason? Does rotation take up bandwidth? Because we know rotation is part of the game engine. It probably took an effort to disable it. I sure hope you reconsider this decision.
    ^This

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noobbe View Post
    Not beta testing, but agree especially with comments from tearacan on Itemization. Even in other SS games, "epic/rare" - should be as such. I'd actually like to see toons have a reason to use common items, especially early on... otherwise its all trash, why waste time designing/implementing?
    Somewhat related to this is the auction house and the stash being at the last map. No one will ever need common or rare items by the time players get to the last map.

I'm not even sure if the stash is shareable for the toons I have, and by the time i get my other toons there, those items will be useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Sam has stated in another thread that this game will be LOCKED CAMERA mode and they will not go back and change it.
    That is not what Sam said. He said this:

Regarding the camera rotation, this is by design. We have seen from other Legends games that new users can get really confused with the camera rotation vs. character movement. So, we have designed the game so you don’t need to rotate your camera to play!
    And I have asked a simple question in response. We have seen NO such feedback here on the forums. Where did that get the idea that new players don't want it.

FWIW, for me it's a deal breaker. The only reason I did as much as I did was out of loyalty. I would not choose to play a game without camera rotation, personally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I think it's more like a multi-player diablo/TL type game. All classes are good dps, not necessarily is it a group oriented game as much as PL/SL because of the weakness of heals or long cool-downs. So similar to diablo/torchlight, the camera is fixed.

I believe somewhere, Sam said that the graphics are basically built to suit the stationary camera. If they added rotation, they would have to do a significant more amount of coding and rendering graphics to be 360 degrees and so the game would have to be much large, and more rendering may also cause issues with fps.

I think at this point this game will never rotate camera position, so get used to it like diablo/torchlight style

<edit> i found the post from Samhayne #3 post.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...018#post838018

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The game is built around a fixed camera. If you rotate it as it is currently built, you'd see a bunch of blank stuff, or empty blackness. By fixing the camera, we believe you get a better overall play experience and we don't have to build out as much art. Win / win!
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 11-08-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Whenever your pet levels up, it stops your movement and skill charging. Very annoying when fighting huge mobs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

FWIW, for me it's a deal breaker. The only reason I did as much as I did was out of loyalty. I would not choose to play a game without camera rotation, personally.
    Ayt, buy-bye!

PS: Greatest Annoyance: Gender Lock...I just think it doesn't make sense people can't choose their own gender in a "Role Playing" game. It makes me feel I'm playing an action/adventure single-player, where my characters are preset, no personalized feel. This is already a given in current MMOs, I don't get why STS games isn't implementing this, it's mind boggling. Does STS have something against female warriors wielding giant swords? or masculine wizards wearing robes?...
    Last edited by vampinoy; 11-09-2012 at 02:24 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Why you want to choose a gender? It's a fictional game with fictional characters.
    PL can't choose either, can not even choose an infant mage, or a bear cub

If you want to be a male, choose warrior
    If you want to be a female, choose rogue
    If you want to be it, choose a sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Gender locked! You're a genious....!

SL/DL Genders was one of the best features added to the titles.

Never going to happen though.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Why you want to choose a gender? It's a fictional game with fictional characters.
    PL can't choose either, can not even choose an infant mage, or a bear cub

If you want to be it, choose a sorcerer
    What does being a fictional game have anything to do with my annoyance, gender lock? Of course it's fictional So you're saying that if a game is fictional, players shouldn't be able to pick their toon's gender?...so...that refers to all games...hopefully, you don't become a dev Moving on...

"Character customization" is a mechanic on its own that exists in almost all mainstream MMOs. In fact most of the mainstream MMO games have extensive character customization they they're even able to make their toons look like real people, exhibit A below:

It gives players the feeling of ownership of that particular character. Sometimes a feeling of accomplishment for looking unique. In fact, character customization is a criteria for mainstream game critics such as IGN when they compare MMO games, so it's not like it's something new.

Now, I do not expect a mobile game (such as AL) to have a deep character customization like the video above but there's no reason why they cannot provide (at least) the gender option. You might ask, what for? Well for customization. Things doesn't have to really make sense but just because this is genre that revolves around customization (among other things), the bare minimum of customization options must be open and let the players choose on their own. Now, I'm really not here to argue about this because I'm simply answering the thread question, I just used your post to expound further (Feel free to share yours, you don't have to ride mine really ). So, yup, I'm annoyed by this gender lock.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 11-09-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

y'know G asked us what annoys us. He wants to know. The point isn't to argue for or against other peoples' annoyance.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

y'know G asked us what annoys us. He wants to know. The point isn't to argue for or against other peoples' annoyance.
    Some people can't help it.