Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: On Elsewhere-Hosted APKs...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Walware? ain't nobody got time for that!

Budapest IV.th district. HUNGARY, Europe.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warbux View Post
    Just a bunch of kids... i mean KIDS crying about allies and changes being made ruin it for the rest... give support give feedback and quit crying or wait til full release... I believe the customers who used the back door entrance provided ALOT of help finding bugs and made good suggestions... that alone will make the full release the best it possibly can be!
    +1 if You're on testers side against famefreaks!

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroflame View Post
    From a developer standpoint some of the things that can potentially change ARE these items, their availability and their rarity. Their stats, where they drop from etc. While it's true some items will be obtained sooner than others and most will still be around in some form, there is currently no guarantee that those items are going to actually be there when we launch globally. This inherently is part of what we are trying to avoid by limiting the user base to a smaller set so when these larger sweeping changes come in there is less shock and disappointment.

If you opt-in to a non licensed apk, you must be prepared for some of these kinds of consequences! The changes that occur during this time are going to be potentially more substantial than any that will occur after the global launch date.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    If you opt-in to a non licensed apk, you must be prepared for some of these kinds of consequences! The changes that occur during this time are going to be potentially more substantial than any that will occur after the global launch date.
    Change is inevitable for the stability of the game (like DL and the re-work of energy system). Many know, or should know that everything is in flux because of a limited release. The disappointments arrises, but people who opt-in to a non licensed apk should be prepared for the changes with a grain of salt. Now that Guild name reserves are in place this should help quite a bit....but the other factors remain from the players not developers. People who got in, like myself was to solidify my "Identity" because before guild reserves, there was no safe guard.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

also, i wouldnt of known about these Apk's if red didnt post a thread about it. This will only make people downloading the unlicensed version of the game more popular.

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Red basically made the apks known to everyone who didn't knew about it.
    He was getting "the message" across to those who downloaded unlicensed apks though(Actually there's nothing wrong with downloading unlicensed apks....It's the people reserving names- avatar or guild that i detest.)
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Why so much hate or dislikes for people downloading Apks. STS should be flatered instead of making consequences IMO.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace:845344
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeroflame View Post
    From a developer standpoint some of the things that can potentially change ARE these items, their availability and their rarity. Their stats, where they drop from etc. While it's true some items will be obtained sooner than others and most will still be around in some form, there is currently no guarantee that those items are going to actually be there when we launch globally. This inherently is part of what we are trying to avoid by limiting the user base to a smaller set so when these larger sweeping changes come in there is less shock and disappointment.

So ur sayin u may remove some items? So say i had a l10 pink weapon right, u may take out the item, makin it discontinued or say u may change it to a purple l10?

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #49
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Why so much hate or dislikes for people downloading Apks. STS should be flatered instead of making consequences IMO.
    We are flattered, but it is also a sub-optimal gameplay experience for a variety of reasons previously mentioned. Not hate or consequences Astrocat, just the truth.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg:845522
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    We are flattered, but it is also a sub-optimal gameplay experience for a variety of reasons previously mentioned. Not hate or consequences Astrocat, just the truth.
    I just wanna say i have estabans egg in cs, an now i cant play lol, if cs is like the past cs, it gives me 30 days to collect or it goes away right? So hopefully u guys release within 30 days or im screweddd lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:845364
    Change is inevitable for the stability of the game (like DL and the re-work of energy system). Many know, or should know that everything is in flux because of a limited release. The disappointments arrises, but people who opt-in to a non licensed apk should be prepared for the changes with a grain of salt. Now that Guild name reserves are in place this should help quite a bit....but the other factors remain from the players not developers. People who got in, like myself was to solidify my "Identity" because before guild reserves, there was no safe guard.

That's the only reason I got in too. To solidify my identify. Also I had no idea STS was against people downloading the apk. Now that I know it isn't supposed to be done, I'll just wait patiently for the release.

I say as long as people haven't played since the first client got phased out (Or only loged in once on the next one) there should be no consequences.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

>.> If my armor gets taken back we're meeting at high noon for a quickdraw

I do understand that non canadian/australian players have no right to complain about what they may lose from the pre-released versions, because they have no right to be there in the first place, but what about those in other countries who have bought platinum with real money and end up losing their goodies because of those changes? unless you plan on reinforcing the steel bars and compensating the canucks and aussies, I see no way to get past this without some sore behinds. unless you wanna go... ermm... "If you made an account before 11/2/12, you get this *insert legendary item here* otherwise I see no way this scenario would play out without verbal bloodshed.
    Last edited by Aeroflame; 11-08-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

This is weird. Wtf is hapening!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Someone publicly blabbed, and players who downloaded the apk file cant get in. That's what's happening.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    I just wanna say i have estabans egg in cs, an now i cant play lol, if cs is like the past cs, it gives me 30 days to collect or it goes away right? So hopefully u guys release within 30 days or im screweddd lol
    This is what makes me sick. People just don't seem to realize that AL is still in testing phases. STS wants people to play to find as many bugs/issues so the release is as seamless as possible. But it is clear that many are way too concerned with leveling and gold. I hope thry clear out all items/gold/kills/whatever that had nothing to do with IMPROVING the game.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    This is what makes me sick. People just don't seem to realize that AL is still in testing phases. STS wants people to play to find as many bugs/issues so the release is as seamless as possible. But it is clear that many are way too concerned with leveling and gold. I hope thry clear out all items/gold/kills/whatever that had nothing to do with IMPROVING the game.
    I would totally agree with You if there wouldn't be an option to spend Platinums in the game (purchasing is fine) so it wouldn't make players to loose their own real life money. But, wait!! They should erase the purchases too, so players would get back all their Platinums and could start it again. Except character slots!!!!
    So, thus kind of erase is what I could/would accept. Hmm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

So all of us playing have to suffer the consequences because a few players on the forums are whining that we got a head start?
    How does 1 player having more gold than you effect you in any way shape or form? From my point of view it's greed and the idea of "missing out".
    And pretend you were living in the country STS selected for the limited release. Would you feel like it would be a fair move to wipe everything just b/c other players whined and complained?
    With any MMO update/game there's always unhappy people...from my personal experience you can't satisfy everyone with an update.

So if you are unhappy then tell STS to not do this in any future game releases instead of letting us players suffer the consequences.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    So all of us playing have to suffer the consequences because a few players on the forums are whining that we got a head start?
    How does 1 player having more gold than you effect you in any way shape or form? From my point of view it's greed and the idea of "missing out".
    And pretend you were living in the country STS selected for the limited release. Would you feel like it would be a fair move to wipe everything just b/c other players whined and complained?
    With any MMO update/game there's always unhappy people...from my personal experience you can't satisfy everyone with an update.

So if you are unhappy then tell STS to not do this in any future game releases instead of letting us players suffer the consequences.
    This is about the apk. Thought id let you know. Not towards people in canada or australia.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post

Before You would misunderstand it..
    I don't support the idea to wipe the game at global release! I wrote about the way that I could accept without any headache.
    I also have a lots of golds, pink items, a pink dodo, but I wouldn't care if I'd have to start it with resetted stats and empty pockets. I would still have the same chances to remake the whole thing on the same way as I did for the first time. The limited release is to show players what the game is like, and for STS to have a test how the purchases are in the game, and polish the game and kill the bugs.
    It's not about making first players millionaires...

New York the most wonderful place on Earth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default On Elsewhere-Hosted APKs...

I just wanted to try the game earlier, as I'm not currently playing any other STS games. I'm no "hardcore" gamer and wont be sad if consequences were to come.
    I'm just gonna wait for the iOS version since I never really liked gaming on my phone. It was fun while it lasted!
    <3 Koi, you will forever be missed. <3
    Very happy member of Eclipse! ~Reddwing
    The android forum app needs a thanks button, I see some insightful posts every so often