View Poll Results: Which spec. do you prefer?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strength + Dexterity

34 62.96%
  • Dexterity + Intelligence

15 27.78%
  • Intelligence + Strength

10 18.52%
  • Full Dex., non-Archer

6 11.11%
  • Full Str., non-Warrior

1 1.85%
  • Full Int., non-Enchantress

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dual spec. character discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Full int , non-Mage is missing
    Proud Co-Leader of Xplict
    Sciazaratek: lv. 75 str/dex polarbear;
    Sciazarcher : lv.71 pure dex duck ;
    Sciazmage : lv. 75 pure int enchanter ;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sciazaratek View Post
    it's missing for a reason. lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Pure str, non bear ftw
    rhinomagic[/B]

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #44
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sciazaratek View Post
    I could only add 5 options. I didn't see many posts about Archers or Warriors going full Int., so I left that one out.

I wonder if anyone has found a way for such a build out to be viable...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    I could only add 5 options. I didn't see many posts about Archers or Warriors going full Int., so I left that one out.

I wonder if anyone has found a way for such a build out to be viable...
    No, lol. Mysticaldream tried but he said the best he could ever get was just "ok".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Id vote in the poll but without being able to qualify which class you're referring Kinda makes it random data.
    Back on topic I made Cobear a int (mostly)/dex build with the angel int set and I really like him now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I might still have an int bear or an int bird but yeah, it's more novelty than great play.

Star light, star bright...

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Simply, the only time you dual spec is in some twink levels and bears... Otherwise, pure all the way!

Edit:
    Actually... You guys have been making many op sets, almost forcing those try-hards to dual spec lol...

My best dual-spec-er:
    This Warrior looks like a badass, BTW.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    This Warrior looks like a badass, BTW.
    Ty... And.... \.-. VREWM VREWM EET KEEL YEW WEETH EETZ LOHN MOER !

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

with an endgame bear being my main, i prefer a dex-str build. for a mage, dex-int/pure int would be best for pve. pure int/int-str would work well in pvp
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Hello everyone

This is the thread I was waiting for for ages ! I'm gonna speak for a long time...

1. What advantages does your dual-spec. build out offer?

So, I've tested nearly all lvls .. Here are my thoguhts :
    lvl16 : this lvl is kinda balanced, even if dex bears using forgotten bow nearly own everyone. (Full DEX)
    lvl26 : mage with forgotten bow (INT/DEX or FULL DEX) hits 350, and birds dodge all hitting the same.. Birds dodge bear,s pull,, they just stay 10m far, and auto kill...
    lvl30 : Mages using mana shield cannot be killed. (INTEX builts, or full dex using forgotten and kiting)
    vl35 : everyone can kill everyone.. bird (FULL DEX) owns, Mage (INT/DEX) using forgotten also, and good bears cannot b killed.
    lvl40 : not many people there ^^.. there are more lvl37, and birds mages with forgotten r good. Bear (INT/DEX/STR) are VERY VERY good O.O)
    lvl45 : not much people there too :/.. My bird lvl45 full dex cannot be killed
    lvl50 : not many people there also xD.. Mages full int using death set, or bird full dex using death set are very good
    lvl55 : I've just started it yesterday, so I cannot speak much about it .. Seems to be nice.
    lvl75 : I haven't lvl up my bird yet.. I'm sure it will b awesome with new crafted gear.. :P

2. Is this spec. particularly viable at certain level ranges?

Yeah lol.. In all lower lvls, you cannot not have a forgotten bow.. you'd die in the minute

3. Is the spec. more advantageous in PVP or PVE game types?

In pvp..
    in lower levels :
    for birds, mages, bears, Dex is more advantageous.. Give HIT%, Damage, dodge.
    for mages, int and dex are more advantageous
    for bears, full dex is more advantageous..

in higher levels

full dex for birds, Str dex for bears, full int or int dex for mages..

4. Which abilities do you invest most in with this spec.?

Mages :

Blessings, drain fire light..

Birds :

break, blind, focus, evasion, blast

Bears :

Reckon stomp to make people fly xD..
    jk Reckon, iron, rage, SmS

5. What type of gear makes this spec. more viable?
    - Does the gear tend to have Str, Dex, or Int stat requirements?

Yeah : forgotten bows lol .. I've purchased one for each of my chars x)
    Pumpkin chunkers has become good too for range .. but they have less DPS than forgotten..

- Do you prefer defensive or damage stat's on this character's gear?

With the forgotten, damage style is the way to be

Extra Suggestions ^^

In CtF, there is something called "spawning"..

The opposite team wait for you in your own spawning place, generally they are 3 to be sure you can't survive, and kill u before you could do anything when you sawn.
    This is REALLY boring and lame, and it makes me mad each time.. Something NEEDS to be done about that...

So I thought.. I wondered for days of ways that would stop spawning, avoiding farming kills, and many argues because that...

Here is a list of solution which could be done to STOP the spawning issue :

1ST SOLUTION : The Invisible Wall.

Make like an invisible wall, in front of each spawning place, which would compel the other team's player yo
    enter into your room.
    This invisible wall would stop any guys who have flags, to avoid the flag holder to hide into his own spawning place..

2ND SOLUTION : The Spawning Immunity (Patsoe Idea)

It shouldn't be hard to be made since it already exists in pve for plats..

When you spawn, you would get 3-4 Seconds of immunity which would avoid you to die spawned.

3RD SOLUTION : The Immunity Room

You would be invincible into your spawning room, but once you have left the room, you cannot be invincible anymore until you spawn again into your room.

In PvP this time, there is a fashion those days.. A lame, bad, and sad fashion which is rushing..

You know.. Rushing.. Let me tell you a story

______

Once upon a time, in a far away country called Alterra, a lil' nice lovely mage was running to Forest manor, to have a wave to his lover, the wonderfully ugly elf queen..
    He had bought mother's day flowers to go and ask elf queen to be his wife..
    Suddently, a big flash.. He couldn't understand what happened, and he will never have the chance to declaration of love : he was dead..

No, it's not a truck or a car which hitted him, but a group of rushers, thirsting for fresh blood, easy kills, to get their stats better..
    He couldn't feel the puke, of the murederers, on him, since he was dead, but his lil' frail corpse was lying there, on the floor..
    _______

Hey!! You've just been witness of a rushing crime!! Why don't you report it??
    Some rushers said me "It's funny to rush", "it's the way pvp should be" , and "don't pvp if you don't rush"..

Afterwards, when I kill rushers, they call their guild to team me to be sure not to die.. So brave..
    But when we start teaming them, there they become lame.. They insult and rage quite, but they are happy of the kills they got from rushing..

______

Do you find this normal?
    Before, they were no rushes. People were nice, waiting their turn, and not rushing everyone just for the "so funny pleasure" of rushing...
    It is pathetic, sad, evil, mean, selfish, and not funny at all -.-..

So I thought to some solutions to stop it..

1st Solution :

Make a map OFFICIALLY for rushers and another for the people who don't wanna get rushed.. They could rush theirselves, and everyone would be happy..

2nd Solution :

Maybe in the "no rushing map", make a system where you click on the player to ask him in fight.. Until the other didn't accept the fight by clicking on "yes", the other isn't able to kill him..
    This would ruin rushers strategies which is running to the guy, buff damage, and kill with 2 skills and 1 auto..

Another suggestion that I had made a long time ago improve pvp training by 100 Here it is ((Here)

Map Attributes :

• It would be a map called "PvP Training Day !"
    • Kills and the death wouldn't count first of all ==> It would permit to try combos, without having to give a free after the opponent's death, and then, avoid killing PvP K/D..
    • Secondly, all LvLs could be training together, a lvl5 with a lvl66 for example, who could teach him the basics
    • Thirdly, you could access it threw guild hall tiers 3.

Here it is

I hope I wasn't too long :/..

If more ideas come out to my mind, I'll edit the post

Thanks for taking in consideration what I said

Have a good day ^^!!

EDIT : the Show off part More CTF kills than PvE xD...

Name:  Autoportrait.PNG
Views: 126
Size:  110.7 KB
    Last edited by Chickenrunnn; 11-09-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chickenrunnn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

^^^ @Chickenrunnn

Totally agree on all points!

TRAINING MAPS:
    I too have been trying to promote a training map where higher level toons are encouraged to help "train" others on tactics, skills, combos, etc. I was thinking beyond just PvP, but PvE as well - there are A LOT of toons that could use the training.

With the inclusion of Training Maps, perhaps STS could add a voting system where you could get titles like Private, Leiutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel, Lieutenant General, General, etc. based on number of votes from trainees.

It would be cool if, as the host of a training session, you could add tasks, like certain combo's or Mega Combo's where if the party successfully executes the task, you would get points towards the next title. Furthermore, it would also be nice if you could host class-specific training, so a nooby mage could join a mage class, or a bird could join a bird class, etc. Stepping this idea up further would allow you, as the trainer, to construct a party of specific classes to assist with instruction.

ANTI-SPAWNING:
    Again, totally agree - and I do like the concept of either temporary immunity or an invisible wall. Either should be easy to implement (immunity in particular considering it already exists in game).

ANTI-RUSHING:
    Another good idea that I have been trying to talk up. Essentially, when joining or hosting a PvP match, you have the choice. For non-rushing games, leverage the trading system, where, instead of Trade, it says Challenge, and the fight does not start until the Challenge is accepted.

Awesome ideas - glad I'm not the only one who has these thoughts!

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Oh And more suggestion I had made HERE ^^

Hey there :

After a long time of playing pvp, I've though about some content which should be added to improve PvP and CTF fun Here is a list of them :

• A new mode of playing, such as "Keep the Ball" mode : 3-3 teams, 1 all at middle of map, the goal is to take the ball, protect the ball carryer, and the other team needs to kill him to take the ball... the ball carryer would have half damage and half speed. The match would finish at the end of 5minutes of possession.
    • A PvP training room, including no kills, no deaths, no level restriction (for more details follow this link : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...light=training
    • A button during a game, on the which you could click to see current Kills, Deaths, Scores
    • At the end of the game, a screen showing kills AND deaths
    • A CTF leaderboard (kills, deaths, goals)
    • Locked entrance of the opposite team's spawning room : it would compel Spawners and rushers to spawn kill others, and avod the kills
    • A new 3-3 Free CTF map, like rockwall, because 3-3 CTFers always play in the same place
    • A new Humania PvP or CTF room (3-3 and/or 5-5), where there could be a bath which regenerate HP and MANA such as the one in Oasis town.
    • Many persons wanted a Spectator mode (here is a link for more infos about it http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...spectator+mode)
    • This idea may be refused by everyone, but items drop for PvPers in pvp and CTF to reward the best players and/or gold per kill (like 1kill=5golds); indeed, why pvp and ctf players won't be able to make money from ctf and pvp ? Afterall, PvP and CTF are another game mode, nearly same as PVe, so I think it will be a really good idea (this is a personnal idea, I think everybody's gonna disagree with it lol)

If I get more ideas, or if I get some more suggestions, in game, which come to my mind, I'll edit the post !

Thanks for reading ! And I hope Devs and Mods will read this and take it into account Don't hesitate to say if you agree or disagree with some ideas, and don't hesitate to post yours !

Cya !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutePally:844593
    I really think making items/gear class specific would be great.
    I would agree entirely only if we can still use points in other stats too. If this is what you mean then yes it would be great to see a couple players conform to using whatever gear was "originally" intended to be used.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    ^^^ @Chickenrunnn

Totally agree on all points!

TRAINING MAPS:
    I too have been trying to promote a training map where higher level toons are encouraged to help "train" others on tactics, skills, combos, etc. I was thinking beyond just PvP, but PvE as well - there are A LOT of toons that could use the training.

With the inclusion of Training Maps, perhaps STS could add a voting system where you could get titles like Private, Leiutenant, Captain, Major, Colonel, Lieutenant General, General, etc. based on number of votes from trainees.

It would be cool if, as the host of a training session, you could add tasks, like certain combo's or Mega Combo's where if the party successfully executes the task, you would get points towards the next title. Furthermore, it would also be nice if you could host class-specific training, so a nooby mage could join a mage class, or a bird could join a bird class, etc. Stepping this idea up further would allow you, as the trainer, to construct a party of specific classes to assist with instruction.

ANTI-SPAWNING:
    Again, totally agree - and I do like the concept of either temporary immunity or an invisible wall. Either should be easy to implement (immunity in particular considering it already exists in game).

ANTI-RUSHING:
    Another good idea that I have been trying to talk up. Essentially, when joining or hosting a PvP match, you have the choice. For non-rushing games, leverage the trading system, where, instead of Trade, it says Challenge, and the fight does not start until the Challenge is accepted.

Awesome ideas - glad I'm not the only one who has these thoughts!
    I don't know how training would work out though... As always, the human is much more smarter than AI. Example... COD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I don't know how training would work out though... As always, the human is much more smarter than AI. Example... COD
    More training on how to crowd control, how to combo and mega combo, etc.

For instance a task could be to round up 10 bad guys and pull into a corner. If a bear can do that, it's test passed. Other tests could be a freeze/fire combo for mages, deal 500+ damage to 5 enemies simultaneously...well you get the idea. It's all about gameplay and tactics.

Personally, I would probably spend all my time there.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    More training on how to crowd control, how to combo and mega combo, etc.

For instance a task could be to round up 10 bad guys and pull into a corner. If a bear can do that, it's test passed. Other tests could be a freeze/fire combo for mages, deal 500+ damage to 5 enemies simultaneously...well you get the idea. It's all about gameplay and tactics.

Personally, I would probably spend all my time there.
    Well, if they do release that, it's gonna be STS's perspective... And... Doesn't seem like the STS crew's very pro at pvp (unless they use 6000 damage staves).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Well, if they do release that, it's gonna be STS's perspective... And... Doesn't seem like the STS crew's very pro at pvp (unless they use 6000 damage staves).
    But them, they can kill theirselves THAT is pro

(link to picture : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ight=flip+owns)

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I always liked 2 types of characters: Necromancer and Paladin.
    Since the Necromancer class isn't a choice in this game, or any other of the STS franchise, I chose the second one.

Obviously there isn't a paladin class to play, but with the str/int enchantress, wearing the bear gear, I came close to my goal. I wanna be an armoured buffer that can sustain damage, heal my party, rev it when possible and be the last standing when a wipe happens. Usually i put enough STR point to wear the necessary gear, same points in INT and enough DEX points to get 100% hit (after that I just add INT).

Many times I found myself in the situation of saving the day, thanks to my stats, gear and situational mana-shield. And my team, many times, thanks their good star to have a pally in their team.

On the other side I can't deal an amazing amount of damage, but I can live with it as long as I can keep my team healthy and alive. I can still do some damage, but it is not comparable to a normal mage or even a bird.

I don't play PvP at all, since I don't like the people there (I can't speak for all of them, but the few matches I made were tremendous and I don't want to cross that path again), so I long for PvE alone and I'm fine with it.
    Last edited by nazgulking; 11-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.