Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warning: Blessings nerf headed our way

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:847554
    I think plat is not the only issue, gold rewards are an issue too. If you got 50 toons, then you're getting 50k+ per day at a minimum for doing nothing. I work my butt off as a Merch to make gold. I know others who farm to make gold. If folks are just getting lots of free gold, that hurts the economy. I think both plat and gold should either be eliminated from the daily blessings, or they should both become much more rare. The main reward should be elixirs. As we all know, the main reason plat rules in PL is because of the elixirs that can be purchased with it. When you play with elixirs, you can farm faster and you can get more pink drops because of the increased luck. So no need to give out the plat itself, just give the elixirs. Then it cannot be abused.
    The economy in PL was already out of wack. Drop rates for Glyphic steels make Nuri's Circus crafting impossible, the mobs in Humania are too tough to farm it properly, Mount Fang is great now that people have a chance to get good gear from Nuri but Edward is still doing massive damage to elixered people, and small things but that gets some of my thoughts. :/

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cahaun For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I thought it was fine the way it was. Work with it noobs.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fncrazy For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I would also rather have a 3X combo, maybe make a 4X combo, or lower the platinum amount to 15-20.
    ALSO I would also rather have some rare pinks that I could sell.
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Steverd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think plat is not the only issue, gold rewards are an issue too. If you got 50 toons, then you're getting 50k+ per day at a minimum for doing nothing. I work my butt off as a Merch to make gold. I know others who farm to make gold. If folks are just getting lots of free gold, that hurts the economy.
    That's why in an earlier post I suggested changing the gold rewards to XP, like DL does. In DL, you get 50 XP per day as a daily reward. Hopefully in PL it would be a little more, since the overall XP requirements are so much bigger in comparison, but I'd rather have even just 50 XP than 1000 gold. Plus, an XP reward isn't exploitable obviously.

Rewards should be XP, elixirs, and vanities.
    Last edited by McBain; 11-10-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

8. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Oh this explains what happened to me last day 5
    7 plat, 7500 gold, 2 shields, and a 3x on a twink i never go on. I was mad! Then I bought my 5th Halloween pack, and got the exact same things as my fourth one......I love my luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

DONT MOVE THE REWARD AWAY THE MOST I GOTTEN IS 1 PLAT AND 3x COMBO, plz, I havent even gotten the shield vanity yet..
    Its hard to play 5 days in a row..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

<sighs> I was probaly the biggest supporter of a plat reward. I know I argued hard and long for the implementation of some kind of plat reward for players. Especially those in countries where they don't have access to credit cards and for younger players who don't have access to a credit card. I have several of them in my guild. I watched time and time again as players fell for the Plat Scams and I thought that a plat reward would be a great way to stop this.

If you all have noticed, there has not been nearly as many "I was Scammed" threads started since the daily blessings started. Also there seems to be fewer Plat for Gold scammers hanging out in Balefort Maybe its the elixirs, maybe its the plat. I don't know. I do know that a lot of the folks that I talked to, usually wanted just a specific vanity item, like the Crimson Holo Shield, Pet or a Thrasher.

That people would exploit the reward system is foolish and greedy. They only end up ruining things for themselves and others. If the plat system hasn't been nerfed, I feel that it should be. My suggestion is that the Plat reward be scaled so that you get either 5 or 10 plat, and that Elixirs should become the Main Reward!!! I know I was surprised to see that the maximum plat reward was 30 plat. I expected it to be more along the lines of DL and to be only 10 plat maximum.

I also feel that only toons above level 30 be allowed to get the plat reward. I think that this might help to deter the "Plat Farmers" I honestly regret that something that I argued so hard for in an effort to help others, has been exploited to the point that STS has to do something about the issue. It is an exploit and I believe that if a player created multiple toons for the specific purpose of collecting plat, then the accounts in question should be banned.

I hope that the plat farmers enjoyed their Ill Gotten Gains while they had them. I will now feel sorry for the players who, if the nerf goes through, will now find it harder to save up plat for such items as a Thrash or Pet.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Like-A-Boss View Post
    DONT MOVE THE REWARD AWAY THE MOST I GOTTEN IS 1 PLAT AND 3x COMBO, plz, I havent even gotten the shield vanity yet..
    Its hard to play 5 days in a row..
    Huh?

1 week down.
    Doesn't seem hard to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ugh, I've never gotten platinum before :/, just sucks for it to be nerfed because of the exploiters..

What is a game but a reality within a reality, to escape from reality.
    Visit my Graphics Workshop!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Um, dont nerf gold part tyvm. Its the only way i can afford my 56/58 nuri glyph wand set and my SBL and my artisan so, i say keep it at 1k or even 500 gold but dont take it away because im sure the PL economy is too far gone. Just like americas economy(sarcasm so i dont get flamed ) anyways yeah keep the 1k or make it 500 gold. Its only thing keeping me logging in besides my buddies like um my guild! ARG. Also i dont like 10k+ per level it gives me jo intrest in leveling. Id love to play new dungeon but mobs so far apart id rather do mega maze or magic castle lol.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Here my idea :

On your day 5 you get to choose from these options :
    Gold / Plat - More to gold, less to plat. Like for example 5% chance for 30 plat, 60% chance for 2500g.
    Vanities / Elixirs - Either Vanity shields or Combo Elixirs.

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Well make it so you only get the blessing on one character per account.
    That way you cannot exploit plat(keep the 30) and people cant trade plat so its kinda fool-proof (waiting for someone to find a major hole in my idea lolz)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

shouldn't nerf plats properly, cuz players who are playing for a long time and can't buy plats, should have the chance to buy plat items occasionally. rather make it more rare.

The basic mistake sts did - the chance of getting all types of plat rewards are same. it should be like pink drops in pve. more plats less chance to get it.

as justG said if its exploitable peoples will exploit it, by creating toon armies, solution is make it possible to get plat only in 1 char per account say max lvl or main.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I didn't read thru this whole thread but instead of changing the rewards how about making it so you don't receive platinum unless the character is over say level ten or even twenty? This way it would prevent some of the exploiting but still keep the platinum rewards.
    Last edited by Technique; 11-10-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Um, dont nerf gold part tyvm. Its the only way i can afford my 56/58 nuri glyph wand set and my SBL and my artisan so, i say keep it at 1k or even 500 gold but dont take it away because im sure the PL economy is too far gone. Just like americas economy(sarcasm so i dont get flamed ) anyways yeah keep the 1k or make it 500 gold. Its only thing keeping me logging in besides my buddies like um my guild! ARG. Also i dont like 10k+ per level it gives me jo intrest in leveling. Id love to play new dungeon but mobs so far apart id rather do mega maze or magic castle lol.
    Honestly, from what you have written here, the PL community would be better if you didn't log in. You obviously don't enjoy actually playing pocket legends, maybe you should find another game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Maybe it's just coincidence... but I have 16 toons on which I collect blessings, and in two collections since the last update, not one of them has received a 3x combo elixir.... I agree that combo elixirs should be best reward. I know I like them more than plat reward.... But it sorta feels like 3x combo blessings got nerfed recently, too. Or maybe I just had bad luck? Anyone else have any observations about blessings these past two days?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

How about you can only get blessings for 5 toons each day, but it's up to you which 5 you want to choose. So it can be your twinks, or your mains, or whichever, but once you reach 5 you cannot get anymore that day on that account.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Here my idea :
    On your day 5 you get to choose from these options :
    Gold / Plat - More to gold, less to plat. Like for example 5% chance for 30 plat, 60% chance for 2500g.
    Vanities / Elixirs - Either Vanity shields or Combo Elixirs.
    YES, This is a great idea!
    I was thinking something like this, since the character I want to play that day usually never gets the 3X combo.
    How about instead of platinum you get some type of daily bonus points that you can spend on special 24hr Elixirs.
    That way I can pick the Elixir I need, XP or Combos and put it on the character I want to play that day.
    Or maybe people could trade the daily bonus points in for Platinum (at a higher rate)

Steve
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fncrazy:847658
    i thought it was fine the way it was. Work with it noobs.
    finally. I love you <3
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Why "no plat users" have to suffer because some rich people want to blow system? First Tapjoy gone now that? I got 5 platinum now on my account. I'm not happy about that.
    <Polish Legends Facebook>
    PL: Gibol, Gibolek, Gibolmag, Gibolol, Gibololo, GibolRanger
    AL: Gibol