Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nice one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dude learn to buy wow $15 dollars and to play for 1month time is 15 dollars. =$30 if u buy all the pl expansions it =$7. It elementary math man. Lol. The point isn't what game is beter. The point is ppl frustrate me when they ask for a refund for what? ATM u are getting a good deal even if the game isn't to ur standards. And u don't hav to pay at all to realize it. now if they where to refund money all u would be doing is hurting a game the general community and the dev. All wanna see succeed.
    Jovains- Enchantress(Supportress)
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Actually WoW is $15 a month for by the month, $14 for every 3 months and $13 for every 6 months. (I rounded up)

But for WoW, you have to buy the game first and pay to play.

Ppl compare this to WoW because it is the first game on the iPhone that begins to give you that type of experience. No one is saying its exactly the same. But you can still draw comparisions from it.

I like PL because there is no monthly fee and I can play when I want, upgrade when I want. No pressure to play because of reoccurring fees.
    Last edited by setec; 04-22-2010 at 06:15 PM.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Word I completly agree with setec.
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jovians View Post
    Dude learn to buy wow $15 dollars and to play for 1month time is 15 dollars. =$30 if u buy all the pl expansions it =$7. It elementary math man. Lol. The point isn't what game is beter. The point is ppl frustrate me when they ask for a refund for what? ATM u are getting a good deal even if the game isn't to ur standards. And u don't hav to pay at all to realize it. now if they where to refund money all u would be doing is hurting a game the general community and the dev. All wanna see succeed.
    The 1 month is included, so basically I pay nothing for 10 days, after that I pay the activation free which includes 1 month game time, so it's actually cheaper the first time.
    Technically we can call free to play because they have a 10 days free trial, just like PL is also free to play up to a certain point.

I'm just saying I feel scammed in a way, they make me believe I need the expansions to get level ups, while in reality I can buy the last expansion and level from 1-30 there..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    Actually WoW is $15 a month for by the month, $14 for every 3 months and $13 for every 6 months. (I rounded up)

But for WoW, you have to buy the game first and pay to play.

Ppl compare this to WoW because it is the first game on the iPhone that begins to give you that type of experience. No one is saying its exactly the same. But you can still draw comparisions from it.

I like PL because there is no monthly fee and I can play when I want, upgrade when I want. No pressure to play because of reoccurring fees.
    If you didn't read my post, I said PRICING COMPARISON. You just can't compare pricing for a high quality PC game to a dang iPhone game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Fair enough. They need to make it clearer or put restrictions on what you can buy at what level. But I don't think SS was out to scam anyone. They didn't go to all this trouble to scam $2 here or there of some unsuspecting players.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    If you didn't read my post, I said PRICING COMPARISON. You just can't compare pricing for a high quality PC game to a dang iPhone game.
    Thats what I said too, but because he started to speak something random I cleared things up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are u that cheep? Cuz if it will get ppl to talk about somthing that will help the development of the game I'll gladly give u the 7dollars that pl husstled u on. ;p
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Actually, yes I can. Why can't I compare this? Forget the games, just compare how Blizzard handles billing and PL. Compare the business models.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Fair enough. They need to make it clearer or put restrictions on what you can buy at what level. But I don't think SS was out to scam anyone. They didn't go to all this trouble to scam $2 here or there of some unsuspecting players.
    They removed level restrictions for the benifit of the players. Probably just a honest mistake they made and forgot to remove that from the info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    It's like asking a entry fee to McDonalds, when there is a back door you can get in for free...
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Seriously, what we're talking about here is $6. That's €4.50 for you in Finland. Is that really so much money for you that you dare to get on here and ask for a REFUND? Did you not get something in return for spending those $6? Yes you did, you got to play Dark Forest, Balefort Castle and Fathom Crypt, and yet here you are with the nerve to ask for a refund.

I'm not even one of the game developers who has to try and earn a living off of this game, and I'm still offended.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Actually, yes I can. Why can't I compare this? Forget the games, just compare how Blizzard handles billing and PL. Compare the business models.
    Yeah but the comparison that was being made before was on the expansion pricing on PL and WoW. There's a reason why PL only charges $2 while Blizzard charges $30. Because of completely different quality. I'm not gonna pay $30 for a PL expansion and Blizzard sure as hell won't charge $2 for a WoW expansion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _ck View Post
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Seriously, what we're talking about here is $6. That's €4.50 for you in Finland. Is that really so much money for you that you dare to get on here and ask for a REFUND? Did you not get something in return for spending those $6? Yes you did, you got to play Dark Forest, Balefort Castle and Fathom Crypt, and yet here you are with the nerve to ask for a refund.

I'm not even one of the game developers who has to try and earn a living off of this game, and I'm still offended.
    4.77€ actually :P
    Anyway, I have to make my living as well, and frankly for me every cent matters, I'm not saying they shouldn't get money or anything.
    I just think they should add a level restriction to the campaigns, so that you cant bypass the middle level ones.
    No one's talking about a free meal here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow I got a LOAD of replies to this thread. I kinda feel proud. Anyways, those of you comparing this to wow are kind of unfair IMO. For me, I'm comparing pl to IMO: the world of magic and outer empires, both for the iPhone, both better quality and oh god, cheaper. For me, I feel scammed, they could have told me and whoever else that you can just buy the last map pack, but conveniently, it slipped their mind. Who knows? It could've been a simple mistake, otherwise it's a conspiracy. All I'm saying is that I feel somewhat scammed and that is NEVER a good feeling (for those jerks who are making rash comments about how spending $2 is sooooo bad). It just sucks!

Just one thing, for those of you who find this like wow (which sucks IMO), I'm wondering how? I mean it's an open world mmo with instances. I guess this game has instance only gameplay, which is why it's not much of a quality game, but it has nothing else! Imo the world of magic is way more like wow, fully free and very large once you realize that first island is for beginners. It's fun, it's big, it's great. Pl however is addicting (not fun per say, especially when it starts being repetitive), small, and okay, yet it costs a load. This is purely speculation, but if your so naive that you think you can put a poor grade game, FOR AN IPHONE, and expect people to buy from the product, A LOT, then that's just pitiful and sad. This game isn't bad, but it isn't great and it sooooo is not worth the whole $8 shebang. This is my opinion, so I don't permit you to criticize and make fun of this post, however, you may speculate and make as many clever replies as you like. I just don't think I should be paying for this ATM.
    Last edited by Zithorio; 04-22-2010 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for that noob on page 1, it's called walk through a wall on a ranged character and kill everything, thus allowing you to solo all of le and get to level 30, rather easily, and virtually unharmed. And yes you could watch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I bought all the map packs thinking the same thing, but I dont feel scammed.

I wonder why.

Oh I get it. Its because I'm not a tight fisted stingy whiner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    I bought all the map packs thinking the same thing, but I dont feel scammed.

I wonder why.

Oh I get it. Its because I'm not a tight fisted stingy whiner.
    What are you insinuating? If you think I'm a whiner, newsflash, I'm not. I just feel scammed to a certain degree. I'd have gotten the other campaigns as the devs brought in the pet shop and the housing and pvp and whatnot, but so far, only the cap exists. So instead of spending money on stuff that I don't NEED for any particular portion of the game, I could have the max level... And, like many others, I was befuddled at the red highlighting and thought I couldn't do those levels, so I got df and bc. And now I'm bored at level 23 unable to do stuff until I get some income. So again, I feel scammed that I don't have the MAIN portion of this game and instead need to wait who knows how long to buy a pet and make a house. Both of which seem cool, especially housing.

Anyway, I thought I said I didn't want to be criticized @~~40£3!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zithorio View Post
    Dont post on a public forums then. Criticizing is what people on the net do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zithorio View Post
    Well this is not burger king, you can't have it your way.

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #40
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,515 Posts

I've put up an explanation here about how things currently work.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-more-XP!-quot

-ALS