Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nice one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Nice one

Considering the fact that you can easily beat any level solo, why should noobs who get lost expedition first be able to level straight to 30? It should be that the cap goes up per map you purchase, or every real money map pack purchase should allow you to level up to 30. Anyone else feel this way? Oh and, nobody bother saying that you need to leech to get to level 30, because you don't. And for hose who thinks it's a waste to skip the other dungeons, too bad so sad, some of us don't think that $8 is a good price for an iPod game of this quality.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

For this quality I would expect to pay more. Oh wait, you don't think PL is quality.

So you're saying that you can take a level 1 into LE and solo? Can we watch?
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This has been discussed many times before and the devs have gave their answer. No level cap, plain and simple. And this game is the highest quality you'll find on the iPhone.
    Last edited by Justg; 04-23-2010 at 08:47 AM.

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

hahahaha banned u hero

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought you had to buy all campaigns before you could even buy the LE expansion, you have to be lvl 24, which means you need to buy the ones before LE?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    I thought you had to buy all campaigns before you could even buy the LE expansion, you have to be lvl 24, which means you need to buy the ones before LE?
    Nopez. Any level dawg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me they were red in the iTunes store...
    I want a refund.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Haha, the red confused me at first too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I wouldn't mind it if there was a minimum level requirement to play a map pack, but then it simply shouldn't be possible to purchase that map pack in the first place unless you have reached that level. No one should be able to buy something and then not have it work until they reach that level (weapons/items excluded), that'd lead to a lot of unhappy customers. On the other hand, it's very dangerous to effectively "force" people to buy and play every map pack in a certain order, that could surely lead to just as many unhappy customers.

There's really no easy solution to this in my opinion, but once we have the ability to kick players a lot of higher level games will surely be kicking out Level 5 players who are looking for a quick route, so in that regard things will police themselves. We'll certainly see a lot less of them if we chose to, and then really who cares what they do on their own as long as they're not leeching off of you?

The way I see it, the ones who just buy The Lost Expedition are just cheating themselves, as they only have that and Forest Haven to play. It really can't be fun to run around the 5-6 levels of Lost Expedition to level up that much. And maybe I just don't get the MMORPG, but isn't it more about playing the game and having fun rather than just reaching the top level? It's not like you get a trophy to put over your fireplace just because you hit Level 30, it's not like there's any real prestige in just having a high level. I play because I think it's fun, so to me jumping straight to The Lost Expedition is far more of a waste of money than actually playing your way through the whole game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well, what if you just can't buy the other map packs. I got LE for some kid because his parents wouldn't allow him to use their credit card. Should he be restricted from playing it because of some stupid restriction. I don't think so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No but I think it's stupid they make the expansions red and now instead of only buying LE I bought all of them...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Well doesn't that suck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It does.. Is it possible to get a refund on the maps purchased?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys are missing the big picture. The way the dev make even a lil money off this game is by the map packs. Every app developer wants some sort of profit. Y do u think we see so many apps with advertisment. We got it easy. The game is free to play and there is no advertisment in it what so ever. Now if we want them to keep up their great work and complete this as a well made well balenced mmo we need to make sure they access to some of the thing they may need to keep up the dev. Stop being cheap. We should be glad we are gettig this on the iPhone for the prices we pay now. Wow still cost $30 to make it through the first 60 levs and that's if u can do it in a month. Ppl be reasonable.
    Jovains- Enchantress(Supportress)
    Jovian- Archer

LEGENDS Member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jovians View Post
    You guys are missing the big picture. The way the dev make even a lil money off this game is by the map packs. Every app developer wants some sort of profit. Y do u think we see so many apps with advertisment. We got it easy. The game is free to play and there is no advertisment in it what so ever. Now if we want them to keep up their great work and complete this as a well made well balenced mmo we need to make sure they access to some of the thing they may need to keep up the dev. Stop being cheap. We should be glad we are gettig this on the iPhone for the prices we pay now. Wow still cost $30 to make it through the first 60 levs and that's if u can do it in a month. Ppl be reasonable.
    Alright man, I LOVE THIS GAME, but WoW is a totally different quality. This is a iPhone game if you are forgetting. Make a different comparison next time <_<.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Alright man, I LOVE THIS GAME, but WoW is a totally different quality. This is a iPhone game if you are forgetting. Make a different comparison next time <_<.
    Actually, you can compare this game to WoW in many respects.

In WoW, you if you want to get to level 80, you have to buy the expansion packs to get there not just the last one.

It makes sense to do that for PL. I agree that maybe it could have been more clear in PL as to what you had to purchase but this game is less than a month old. This the price we pay for being early adopters of the game.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jovians View Post
    Why are people comparing this to wow, I'm paying the same amount of money here ,if not more considering the game doesn't work at the moment, if you compare the quality of the games directly.
    Also, I don't have a problem with paying for the expansions in between, but if I would've known that I can just buy The LE, and skip the rest I would've done that of course, paying less money with the same benefits.
    And for your own interests wow is 12 a month not 30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    It does.. Is it possible to get a refund on the maps purchased?
    Yes, of course. But not until you also get a refund at McDonalds after you ate the whole burger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _ck View Post
    Yes, of course. But not until you also get a refund at McDonalds after you ate the whole burger.
    It's like asking a entry fee to McDonalds, when there is a back door you can get in for free...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    Actually, you can compare this game to WoW in many respects.

In WoW, you if you want to get to level 80, you have to buy the expansion packs to get there not just the last one.

It makes sense to do that for PL. I agree that maybe it could have been more clear in PL as to what you had to purchase but this game is less than a month old. This the price we pay for being early adopters of the game.
    No you can't. You can't make a price comparison AT ALL. WoW= Better graphics, Better features, Better gameplay, and etc. PL is amazing. FOR AN IPHONE GAME. There is no way you can justify PL's expansion pricing by comparing it to WoW. Completely different quality.
    Last edited by Banned; 04-22-2010 at 06:13 PM.