Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Daily Blessings nerf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Feedback on Daily Blessings nerf.

Hey y'all, just read snakes thread about the blessing nerf and I certainly wouldn't be happy if they nerfed it. Here are some of my reasons why:

1. Ruins the whole point of DB (Daily Blessings) Sts made the daily blessings to reward platinum to people who can't buy it and they play regularly.

2. People who don't have credit cards (kids) OR people in countries where credit cards are banned, get left out because they can't access/buy plat and this is one of the reasons sts made DB.

3. If endgame is mainly based on platinum, then the people who cannot access platinum would miss out on a lot of things but DB balanced it out. If DB gets nerfed, those people would struggle because:

- They wouldn't be able to farm because they wouldn't have luck elixirs we all know no reroll pinks have a low drop rate

- They wouldn't level fast (150k required to lvl from 70-76) and if they don't cap fast, they'll miss out on elite dungeons. I know lots of people who quit because of this.

4. DB actually profited the devs, I say this because, people purchase a lot of platinum to buy character slots. people buying more and more platinum profited devs.

5. It would show that devs favor the paying customers than the people who don't buy platinum but spend as much amount of time as the paying people.

6. Low earnings of free platinum. We all know W3I is stingy when it comes to plat, I barely get 5 plat a day and DB was a great alternative, but if DB is nerfed then STS would have to find another way for free platinum earnings.

My birthday wish (yes it's my bday) is that STS DONT NERF DB please. But since I know sts wouldn't like all the toon armies, I have a solution: Make the 30 plat payout a LITTLE (not by a lot at all) rarer, but leave all others as they are. I would hate it if they removed DB altogether. Also make the 2500 (stupid) gold payout rare, I hate waiting 5 days (5k gold) and then getting a worthless 2.5k gold. I'm not telling sts how to do their job but as a community's voice, I would like it to happen.

~ Miracle
    Last edited by Bless; 11-10-2012 at 12:34 PM.
    Credits to Iady

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    4. DB actually profited the devs, I say this because, people purchase a lot of platinum to buy character slots. E.g. Zhau brought 800 platinum (about $50) to buy 160 character slots, people buying more and more platinum profited devs.
    This is where the problem is. Why did he buy 160 toons? Theres no logical reason for this besides CHEATING the system. With that 800 plat spent and this whole thing not getting nerfed, chances are, this guy never has to buy plat again. After he earns back 800, its all profit from there. Where is the money then for support of the game. Think if everyone did this, after the initial $50 spent, they wouldnt have to spend any more.

Iv'e said it before and I'll say it again, this type of exploit is cheating, theres no two ways around it. If I was a dev and I had a say in it, I'd make it my duty to find all these cheaters and permaban them....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobraguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Agree with Cobraguy on this. The $50 investment by a certain person to buy 160 characters is a revenue for STS, definitely. But it's also an "investment" to obtain more and more platinum in the future. As a result, if the person is patient enough, he/she would not need to buy platinum ever again in the future, rendering potential revenue losses for STS in the long run. In the other thread, a suggestion was made to limit the platinum rewards per account, and that is a viable option in my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Would a poll make sense ?

- 1 toon
    - < 5 toons
    - 5 toons
    - < 10 toons
    - 10 toons
    - < 15 toon
    Proud Co-Leader of Xplict
    Sciazaratek: lv. 75 str/dex polarbear;
    Sciazarcher : lv.71 pure dex duck ;
    Sciazmage : lv. 75 pure int enchanter ;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraguy View Post
    This is where the problem is. Why did he buy 160 toons? Theres no logical reason for this besides CHEATING the system. With that 800 plat spent and this whole thing not getting nerfed, chances are, this guy never has to buy plat again. After he earns back 800, its all profit from there. Where is the money then for support of the game. Think if everyone did this, after the initial $50 spent, they wouldnt have to spend any more.

Iv'e said it before and I'll say it again, this type of exploit is cheating, theres no two ways around it. If I was a dev and I had a say in it, I'd make it my duty to find all these cheaters and permaban them....
    Agree!! And PL will be closed down..
    So please... There is still chance to get FREE platinum! You don't really need platinum to play at endgame, of course it would be much easier with elixir.

If you really love PL, please support them instead of asking for more. It's just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

I do love pl but I am thinking about the whole community. There are not only people from US/UK/Aus playing. Think about others who DONT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY KIND OF PLAT/Banned countries.
    +1 to the platinum reward per account idea.
    Last edited by Bless; 11-10-2012 at 04:36 AM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Maybe they could keep it but to use it u have to hit a lvl req so people cant just buy slots and to db on lvl 1s
    SL:Abbasjammy 46 opp Abbasjammmy 46 comm Abbasjamy
    45 eng Irushrushers 25 pvper crstore money 2010 player yup thats right im an old timer B-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

How about only L30+ can get PLATINUM rewards.
    Credits to Iady

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

How about 10 toons per account and all tonns should be of a certain lvl?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

<sighs> I was probaly the biggest supporter of a plat reward. I know I argued hard and long for the implementation of some kind of plat reward for players. Especially those in countries where they don't have access to credit cards and for younger players who don't have access to a credit card. I have several of them in my guild. I watched time and time again as players fell for the Plat Scams and I thought that a plat reward would be a great way to stop this.

If you all have noticed, there has not been nearly as many "I was Scammed" threads started since the daily blessings started. Maybe its the elixirs, maybe its the plat. I don't know. I do know that a lot of the folks that I talked to, only wanted a specific vanity item, like the Crimson Holo Shield, Pet or a Thrasher.

That people would exploit the reward system is foolish and greedy. They only end up ruining things for themselves and others. If the plat system hasn't been nerfed, I feel that it should be. My suggestion is that the Plat reward be scaled to either 5 or 10 plat. I know I was surprised to see that the maximum plat reward was 30 plat. I expected it to be more along the lines of DL and to be only 10 plat maximum.

I also feel that only toons above level 30 be allowed to get the plat reward. I think that this might help to deter the "Plat Farmers" I honestly regret that something that I argued so hard for has been exploited to the point that STS has to do something about the issue. It is an exploit and I believe that if a player created multiple toons for the specific purpose of collecting plat, then the accounts in question should be banned.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shellkaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shellkaz View Post
    <sighs> I was probaly the biggest supporter of a plat reward. I know I argued hard and long for the implementation of some kind of plat reward for players. Especially those in countries where they don't have access to credit cards and for younger players who don't have access to a credit card. I have several of them in my guild. I watched time and time again as players fell for the Plat Scams and I thought that a plat reward would be a great way to stop this.

If you all have noticed, there has not been nearly as many "I was Scammed" threads started since the daily blessings started. Maybe its the elixirs, maybe its the plat. I don't know. I do know that a lot of the folks that I talked to, only wanted a specific vanity item, like the Crimson Holo Shield, Pet or a Thrasher.

That people would exploit the reward system is foolish and greedy. They only end up ruining things for themselves and others. If the plat system hasn't been nerfed, I feel that it should be. My suggestion is that the Plat reward be scaled to either 5 or 10 plat. I know I was surprised to see that the maximum plat reward was 30 plat. I expected it to be more along the lines of DL and to be only 10 plat maximum.

I also feel that only toons above level 30 be allowed to get the plat reward. I think that this might help to deter the "Plat Farmers" I honestly regret that something that I argued so hard for has been exploited to the point that STS has to do something about the issue. It is an exploit and I believe that if a player created multiple toons for the specific purpose of collecting plat, then the accounts in question should be banned.
    now this guy is getting my point.

May I add to that? If sts is going to put the maximum plat for example 10, then the reward shouldn't be that rare, plat rewards should be common if the cap is 10 plat. Hoping cap would be like 15-20 cuz 10 plat can't buy me nothing and waiting 5 days :/ plat offers give me more hehe.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Since when it got nefed? I got 3x30 plat + 2x10 plats from 30 toons yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vle_hoang View Post
    30 toons yesterday.
    that's what they mean by abuse
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Hey miracle that was a sarcastic joke I don't think anyone has the time to make that many toons lol I have 7 chars and have had 7 for a while lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onemadzhau View Post
    Hey miracle that was a sarcastic joke I don't think anyone has the time to make that many toons lol I have 7 chars and have had 7 for a while lol
    sorry if it sounded kinda rude but I was just giving an example hehe didn't wanna offend anyone.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Completely agree. Where did you see this thread though?
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

sorry if it sounded kinda rude but I was just giving an example hehe didn't wanna offend anyone.
    Well nothing like making your "bud" look like a cheater and an exploiter. I've spent over 900$ on this game. So sts knows where the exploiters are, :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onemadzhau View Post
    Well nothing like making your "bud" look like a cheater and an exploiter. I've spent over 900$ on this game. So sts knows where the exploiters are, :/
    The intention was not that we both know it. I edited it out, theres lots of people who do do that, but I misunderstood from ur post, I didnt know if u were serious. Chillax.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Or STs shold make a max of like 100 platinum (idk) max earned each week. Once you reach that you can only get the gold and elixirs and vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Even the 1k gold per day reward on every blessing adds up if you got like 50 or 100 toons. Gold should be eliminated completely from blessings. Everyone can farm for gold whether or not you have plat.

Regarding plat, just make the rewards more rare. And add a slight delay to changing between toons. Short enough so that those who change between toons to play another toon will not care, but those rapidly changing between toons just to collect a blessing and then change toons again will get annoyed.