Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Almost United States of America

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Default The Almost United States of America

http://rt.com/usa/news/us-secede-petition-government-540/

Anyone else starting to hear about this? What do you think about it?

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

I don't think I did that link right so you all know how to do the copy/paste method right?
    For all those who want to know immediately: Almost half of the US states are threatening to secede.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Naw, don't worry haha! Just a few crazy "cult-like" peeps rioting.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Recurring theme when election results are this close.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Speaking of the USA heard about puerto rico becoming the 51st state? Kinda cool lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:851029
    Speaking of the USA heard about puerto rico becoming the 51st state? Kinda cool lol

I heard about that too. Seems a bit odd... (Small joke if you get it)

This thing about states seceding is still something I'm really curious on how it'll all turn out.
    Last edited by Cahaun; 11-13-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

lol, the south wants to split?!
    ima go read a history book.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Rednecks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Contrary to popular belief, the American civil war was about states rights, the freeing of the slaves was a positive side effect. Apparently, some people in the south feel that their state's rights are being taken away.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Growwle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus:851234
    Rednecks...
    Yea, no try again. Don't be so disrespectful about people that your not even sure are causing the problem.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Cool, I'm all for it.

I believe Texas has 75k signatures btw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I grew up thinking redneck was a bad thin too, I found out where it came from tho. When unions sprang up to protect workers rights, rich folk paid for "goons" to beat up protesting workers. The workers had to defend themselves phisically, so they organized militantly. To show which side they were on they wore red hankerchifs around there necks to show they would fight if provoked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Rednecks...
    Come on out of the city, open your mind a lil bit.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2
    Sometimes I can't stop the shaking, but at least I know I'm not dead.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

As someone who has been raised in the south and continues to live within my southern roots with great pride, this "petition" greatly saddens me. It shows just how ignorant our country is becoming and if people do not begin to wake the F up, it will only bring about more ignorance and stupidity. I did not spend 4 years of my life protecting and serving this country to watch it spiral into this abyss of ignorance.

And for those who want to categorize southerner's as "rednecks" or "hillbilly's," let's also realize how times have changed and there is a vast difference in diversity in the south now as compared to 50 years ago. Many people from all over the world live in the southern U.S. and the ignorance tags placed upon this region hardly apply as they use to.

/endrantagainstignorance
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    I heard about that too. Seems a bit odd... (Small joke if you get it)

This thing about states seceding is still something I'm really curious on how it'll all turn out.
    Oh I get it! 51 is an odd number!

/endexplainingthejokewhichmakesitnotfunnyanymore
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

My intention wasn't to insult anyone with the term "redneck". It just suit the situation as it is stereotypically used as a definition for the simple southern men of USA as this situation is IMO ridiculous. Obama has done great work trying to steer USA away from a shipwreck and if I was an US citizen, I would've voted for Obama. Republicans are too much in lobbers' hands nowadays (as Bush's elections revealed) and they aren't doing these things for the sake of common men. Even though I support Republic-like party in here, Finland, the affect of pure capitalism is to be seen in USA. Money brings too much power.

We are having our own troubles in Europe. UN countries have supported Greece for hundreds of billions of dollars and they still need more to endure and the more "well being" countries, such as mine, suffer for Greece-like countries. Spain has it's own huge monetary problems as well and Catalonia, a part of Spain, wants independence because it's the "rich" part of Spain and it doesn't want to fall into monetary abyss. That's a valid reason for seceding.

I am personally annoyed that US citizens sign this petition because Obama is trying to make US a strong country once again. Almost as ridiculous as raging over free healthcare..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

My intention wasn't to insult anyone with the term "redneck". It just suit the situation as it is stereotypically used as a definition for the simple southern men of USA as this situation is IMO ridiculous. Obama has done great work trying to steer USA away from a shipwreck and if I was an US citizen, I would've voted for Obama. Republicans are too much in lobbers' hands nowadays (as Bush's elections revealed) and they aren't doing these things for the sake of common men. Even though I support Republic-like party in here, Finland, the affect of pure capitalism is to be seen in USA. Money brings too much power.

We are having our own troubles in Europe. UN countries have supported Greece for hundreds of billions of dollars and they still need more to endure and the more "well being" countries, such as mine, suffer for Greece-like countries. Spain has it's own huge monetary problems as well and Catalonia, a part of Spain, wants independence because it's the "rich" part of Spain and it doesn't want to fall into monetary abyss. That's a valid reason for seceding.

I am personally annoyed that US citizens sign this petition because Obama is trying to make US a strong country once again. Almost as ridiculous as raging over free healthcare..
    Reported for politics .
    -post patrol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Obama may be trying but he sure ain't succeeding, country has never been so deep into debt! I for one understand why people in Texas would sign something like that. We have no State income tax yet have to hand out 33-% of our salary to the Federal gov. to support a Union that doesn't ever give anything back. The system is broken-down and needs more than social reform, it needs a complete shake down and budgetary overhaul. I would be very sad at any kind of secession but the treath of it may just get people nervous enough to start fixing things. No one in their right mind would be happy in a one way relationship so why accept it at the State levels?

For crying out loud my 9 years old understands the the black numbers have to be bigger than the red numbers in a budget before you can spend yet our rightfully elected bozos don't even get that simple accounting 101 notion, it is shameful.
    Last edited by StompArtist; 11-16-2012 at 12:03 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

If Texas secedes, I move to Texas.

I doubt any seceding will be done. As stomp pointed out, stuff like this is common. I have heard, however, that with the recent election, the United States is more split than it has ever been in history. It's like Crimson just said, we need to wake up.

Problem is, we don't have any kind of political crisis. We have a worldview crisis. We don't have an Obama crisis. We have a God crisis.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    If Texas secedes, I move to Texas.

I doubt any seceding will be done. As stomp pointed out, stuff like this is common. I have heard, however, that with the recent election, the United States is more split than it has ever been in history. It's like Crimson just said, we need to wake up.

Problem is, we don't have any kind of political crisis. We have a worldview crisis. We don't have an Obama crisis. We have a God crisis.
    Only you would say God crisis... -_-