Thread: Changes To Improve Guilds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Exclamation Changes To Improve Guilds

Here are some ideas to make guild functions better
    -Announcement Board so master can post messages that members can read when they log in
    -Items that allow for creative guild events [if anyone has ideas for types of items please comment] Ball that can be passed etc
    -More Ranks so that you can manage larger guild better
    -Guild Donation Box that officers and Master can take from but all players can deposit into. Items and gold can be used for event rewards
    -Guild voting chat option like type /v yes or no and officers get results. Good for costume contests or vote on what to farm
    -Maybe Bonuses if you run a dungeon with 5 guild members
    -Guild insignia? maybe custom design-able vanities? pet that is a flag with insignia? or armor with insignia on chest? Could cost plat or gold...

If anyone else has good ideas post here and lets help give the devs some good ideas to keep Pocket legends improving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I think that the guild announcement board would help out a lot for serious guilds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

niceeeee....looking foward on it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I think the guild insignia thing
    No.
    Because then sts would have a hard time trying to keep up with new guilds and disbanded old guilds.
    What u can add to your suggestions, could be a "combat dummy" basically a fake monster you can attack that never dies but you can test combos on. Great for pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

We have been asking for many of these guild additions for months if not Since right after guilds were introduced. The only improvement we have ever gotten in guilds was the addition of the rank of recruiter. And we only got that because a large and popular guild was griefed. Somewhere around 400 members were removed from the guild by a rogue officer.

However, on a positive note, I support all of your suggestions. Though I think that the least likely would be the guild insignia. As Ruizhewang said, it would be a huge burden on sts to create an insignia for each of the 100's of various guilds.

I suggested the possibility of a ball room, or party hall to celebrate guild events, or even for people who wanted to have a birthday party for a friend. Another one I would like is a way to see the last time a member logged in. This way larger guilds could remove inactive members.

I've almost begged for a guild message board. It's almost impossible to relay information to guild members across 9 or more time zones. More ranks, a huge Yes! To that one!! An officers meeting room would be nice. I'd like to see that huge throne room turned into a training room for practicing skills or trying out builds a couple of dummies in there would be perfect!

I have also repeatedly said that I would pay plat for guild improvements. I really wish that sts would let us know if there will ever be improvements to guilds. At least this way I'd know if I should get my hopes up or not. Meh I've played games with poorer visual quality and they manage to have guilds with better functionality
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Shellkaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

These are great ideas (Also in World of Warcraft)!

The announcement board allows to see what upcoming events are coming for the guild or whatever the guild master wants the guildies to see when they log on.

The guild items to make parties and hangouts and events in general is a good idea, but I prefer a reward system. An example of that reward system is that you get a Guild Point every time you finish a game with at least 2 other guildies (PvP or PvE). When you accumulate about 250 points you can buy a reward (Almost like a daily blessing reward but for guild points instead) or you can choose to save up and buy a better reward (maybe a level 50 WF green or something not too big). This encourages interaction with guildies and having fun with them in dungeons and PvP.

Yes, please more ranks. Also instead of set ranks, make it so that you can change the names of ranks, so that it matches the setting, theme, or name of your guild. Example: A guild name <Trust> has a Guild Master, Officer, Trusted Member (Better than a member and recruiter, but not yet an officer), Trust Receivers (Recruiters), and Members. That's just an example but make it so there can be up to 6 or 7 ranks so it won't go too out of hand, such as 9 ranks lolz.

Rather than a guild donation box, it's more like a guild stash or a guild bank. There also should be a function where a guild master can do a /gswithdraw (Name Here). The /gs means Guild Stash and the withdraw.. Well that's pretty straight forward. So the slash command allows the person specified to withdraw something from the guild stash.

I think the voting /v command would be too hard to put in because what would the people be voting for? Is the guild master supposed to type another slash command to start a poll? It's a great idea but maybe a bit too far.

Ah.. Bonuses for doing stuff with guildies. As I said in the third statement, I think it should be a reward system with a separate currency, but I have another thing to add. You get a Guild Point for 2 other members in the PvP or dungeon with you, but how about getting 3 points for having 4 members with you (if dungeon) or 5 members with you (if PvP/CTF). Another thing to touch on is 5v5 PvP maps. I'd just say give 3 if 5 other members are with you in the game and are there to finish it with you. A notification about getting Guild Points should be just like the platinum notification. "3 Guild Points have been added to your CHARACTER." The platinum one says account, but, like gold, Guild Points are limited to characters.

Guild Insignias. Hm..
    A guild insignia (or a tabard) should be another vanity slot in your inventory and is like a tabard that goes over your armor or vanity armor, but doesn't cover or replace the armor or vanity armor. Example: If you wear angelic, it covers up your normal armor, and giving it the look of the vanity angelic armor. But, if you wear bat wings, you could still see the normal armor, and the vanity wings don't cover it up. The tabard should be a similar way, but goes over all of it. Example of tabard design: You're wearing normal armor, and the tabard covers the torso part of your armor but you can still see the arms and leg parts of the armor. If you're wearing vanity armor over your normal armor, then the tabard still covers the torso of the vanity armor. Tabards should give maybe 1 extra Guild Point when wearing it in PvP or dungeons to encourage representation and proudness of being in your guild.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OverkillED For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Default Guild Improvements

Lol I've never even seen WOW. I'm just a middle aged woman who has been guild master of Xplict for over a year, and these are the things that I feel would make the guild function better, improve the masters ability to better administer the guild, and give players to actually send some time in those huge drafty guild halls.

I really like the idea of guild points. It could be similar to the story tokens or hauntlet coins we get in AL. Non-transferable, so they are bound to an account & couldn't be sold or traded.

I think it's really sad how STS has given us these great guild halls, and then just let them languish without any improvements, I have said it before, I'll say it again, I would pay gold or plat for any or all of these upgrades. I know many others who would do the same thing.

Party hall anyone?? I just had my one year anniversary as gm of Xplict last month. Would have been nice to rent a hall with balloons, & such. Birthdays, yep one rental a month for the birthday guys & gals. Graduations, promotions, I'd be renting a hall on a weekly basis, and the neat thing would be that you could invite non guildies to your party hall.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Hmm, I like a lot of these points, and unfortunately have been mentioned MANY times.

Things that I approve of:

-Announcement board (a big yes to this)
    -More ranks
    -More things for the guild hall... ability to decorate, do some fun activites, having a dummy, PvP area where nobody can gain deaths/kills, etc.
    -Guild Stash
    -The guild voting idea is neat: one idea I haven't heard. I'm thinking that in the guild hall, people can write out usernames (and in can be a system) so people can track only real in game names. Similar to how you find someone sending a message through the forums: suppose I want to search a forumer named Ghost, I type in "Gho" and it automatically tracks down usernames with those three letters. Then simply, there's the option for others to vote YES or NO. Perhaps Officers count as 2 votes, recruiters count as 1, members count as 1/2 and masters count as 5?

The thing with with the point system is neat, but it would be really frustrating and abused through a mobile game. This also goes for guild vanities and customized gear for your guild... HOWEVER, it would be cool to have a guild flag at the entrance of guild hall that's customizable.

I think it could be neat for players to have the option to enter your guild hall even if they're not in the guild. They need some sort of special invitation.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brickgame View Post
    Feel sorry for people still hoping. These will just remain ideas. Been suggested many times since Guilds were introduced.
    All good things that have come in life come from people suggesting it multiple times.

Not like STS will implement something that ONE person suggests. Give it some time

Senior Member Everyone'sFavMage's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

I agree with a few of these. I understand some of these would take huge effort but maybe make some simple adjustments? Like really consider this devs how hard is it going to be to make a few more ranks within the guild? And a guild message board also a very VERY good idea. The voting idea ain't bad ether. But MAINLY THE GUILD RANKS!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shellkaz:965361
    Lol I've never even seen WOW. I'm just a middle aged woman who has been guild master of Xplict for over a year, and these are the things that I feel would make the guild function better, improve the masters ability to better administer the guild, and give players to actually send some time in those huge drafty guild halls.

I really like the idea of guild points. It could be similar to the story tokens or hauntlet coins we get in AL. Non-transferable, so they are bound to an account & couldn't be sold or traded.

I think it's really sad how STS has given us these great guild halls, and then just let them languish without any improvements, I have said it before, I'll say it again, I would pay gold or plat for any or all of these upgrades. I know many others who would do the same thing.

Party hall anyone?? I just had my one year anniversary as gm of Xplict last month. Would have been nice to rent a hall with balloons, & such. Birthdays, yep one rental a month for the birthday guys & gals. Graduations, promotions, I'd be renting a hall on a weekly basis, and the neat thing would be that you could invite non guildies to your party hall.
    For party hall, all u need is some people in your guild with the "party" emote and baloon pets and thats a party

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Yeah we've had plenty of those, but I'm thinking a hall that is decorated with balloons and such, where u can invite non guild members to celebrate a special occasion, and that would hold more than the usual 25 or so players that most instances are limited to.

It could be "rented" for a specific time duration. Say between 3 and 6 hours. The hall would be available at the specific time for the party to start. I could go on and on, but hey I'd rent a hall just to have weekly contests, monthly birthday parties, in the spring for graduations, going away parties for players joining the military, use your imagination. :-)

Guild flags are a cool Idea too. Sts wouldn't have to make a different flag for each guild, just give us several different templates, with graphics that could be added. Ie: you have your choice between a rectangular, square, triangular etc flag, then you choose the base color from a given set of them. After that you have choices of graphics that are added to the base flag. Eg: a crossed sword, bow and staff, letters of the alphabet (thinking first letter of guild name with this one) a castle turret, etc.

However, the things that would be the MOST useful would be guild message boards, and more ranks. Please, more ranks. Pretty please, more ranks??
    Last edited by Shellkaz; 02-12-2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: More thoughts