Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Update: Armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default New Update: Armor

First off with the new update you lowered all the armor points each body piece gives when worn. You decided to lower the monsters stats who were below lvl 7 but neglected the higher levels.
    1.) The higher level monsters are a pain in the booty to kill and when you have those mobs like you do its easy to get swarmed and totally owned. The higher armor was the only real fighting chance anyone could have against these monsters and their ridiculously hard hits.
    2.) Then there is the whole other story of elite maps. Basically take #1 and multiply it by like 10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

The goal of this update: Lower armor -> Die more often -> Buy more potions (which prices have gone up a lot) -> get platinum to buy gold -> more money for sts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heroelite For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Was pretty upset with the armor change. I'll just put more points in str for health I suppose
    Kaytar

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys, we are still balancing the game. We're looking at how things play out. We ask that you give it a bit to see how things settle in. The intent is to have a game that offers some challenge, decent risk vs. reward and a viable economy where gold and items have value. As always, we appreciate your constructive feedback. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Latest update really stinks. Lower armor and higher cost for pots. It is really taken the fun out of the game. I will just back to PL. I am sad it was such a good game at the start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darklordray:852954
    Latest update really stinks. Lower armor and higher cost for pots. It is really taken the fun out of the game. I will just back to PL. I am sad it was such a good game at the start.
    Agree lower the armor is not cool
    POCKET LEGENDS
    Boomzkie Bird76
    Boomzkhie Mage76
    Booomzkie Bear76

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Agreeeeed!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Really disapointed, went from 400 to 200.... and on top of that pots went up from 300 to 1k. Its unplayable like this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Come on, make this game a legendary game like it can be..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The armor thing isn't too bad but the pots price is mad!

Star Legends Officer
    Dreenise Druunise Droonise
    Dark Legends Ambassador
    Dreenise Droonise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Give it time. I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Just an average signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dreenise View Post
    you obviously haven't had to tank if you're a warrior -_-

I don't feel like being forced to rapidly use up potions which is so difficult to buy now.

mana reserves are always low when I'm forced to take on a 20+ enemies at onc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Give it time , they just want to make the game perfect. This was what limited release was for , changes like this. Sending it out of limited while still making big updates like this is a bit risky though. If your un happy just chill in town and admire the scenery. I'm sure there will be a patch out soon to fix all of this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kanozaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dreenise View Post
    agreed. i was already going through pots like candy and could barely afford them. Three times the price and then some, is way to steep... most people are camping out now

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I understand balancing issues, I've played a lot of games in their early stages, but this one is way off the mark, this is probably the worst update I've ever experienced in any MMO game. They literally destroyed their own game in a single update and the game hasn't even been launched in iOS. Prior to this update, the people who played limited release were giving their feedback asking for higher gold drop rate or cheaper pots to make the game more enjoyable (I THOUGHT that group of people in limted release were supposed to give STS the feedback????)...and STS implemented the exact opposite, what's up with that? To top it off, they nerfed armor ratings. I agree, the armor rating is not so bad if you have pots...because if you don't have pots then you'll have to run back like a scared chicken so many times just to regain hp/mp which is very frustrating not only to you but to your teammates as well.

In fact, prior to this update, their whole mechanic in combat can be a source of griefing already because anyone can simply AFK their toon and let someone do all the work, so many trolls out there, they will certainly enjoy this mechanic. Also, after this update, the blaming game is more prevalent. Now that pots are more expensive and everyone's a lot softer, there's higher frustration on people not participating properly, so expect phrases like "You suck, because of you, I burned xxx amount of pots"... people will be less forgiving of other people's mistakes...you think PL/SL/DL had a rude community? You ain't seen nothing yet, wait for AL, the gameplay mechanic will bring the worst out of people.

Another problem, now that everyone's a lot softer, we'll have less room for error...right? That's cool, it's a challenge...but what if you're in a middle of a mob then suddenly someone joins you and instantly increase the mobs' difficulty and those same mobs either instakills you because you're soft as a pillow, or you're forced to use pots (that you spent 70% of your gold in)...so now, you're pissed at this guy who just joined you who has no idea that you were in a middle of a mob (but you're still pissed at him regardless)...is that what the game wants? People don't want people to join their game? I personally don't want people joining my game now especially if I'm in a middle of a mob, I'm crossing my fingers nobody joins my game. If this will not be fixed, it'll be a matter of time before people start calling this Griefing Legends. This looks to me as another way to promote platinum elixirs, the solution to everything.

PS: If PL had "Rambo" mage, AL have "Angsty" warrior. Warriors (or anyone for that matter) are hesitant to engage mobs to avoid aggro because their confidence level went down by over 9000 points because of the nerf in armor plus they have to burn pots (or die) which will require their entire wealth...so...yeah...good luck to AL...I really want to like AL, before this update I was still unsure if I like AL and I was in the process of digesting what the game has to offer...but such an anti climatic update...if STS will not drastically change this or better yet just recall the update...then I'll pass up on AL and just wait for another STS game (Hopefully something like League of Legends).
    Last edited by zeusabe; 11-15-2012 at 09:10 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I wouldn't mind either combo of this. Potions back to regular prices before update and armor stays lowered. Or, armor stays higher and potion prices stay up.
    Last edited by mike1298; 11-15-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dis good bro warior not so eas chit Rouge hard dawg take skill Dat y im Rouge cuz it good challenge feel me bro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GangstaKid View Post
    Dis good bro warior not so eas chit Rouge hard dawg take skill Dat y im Rouge cuz it good challenge feel me bro
    I feel you, but i'm not a bro. Between, please write good english and not the hood language. I hear too much of it here already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Wow!!!! I just put my game on Chrome because I wanted to see what the fuzz was all about, and usually 8 out of 10 times is an exaggeration on these forums. But 4K for Health Pots, that's insane!! I can barely accumulate 10K in Gold, because I already spend it on Health/Mana Pots. STS if you're going to make this game more balanced in my opinion add some skill to the battle mechanics. Force players to stop solo-ing and get into parties. After all this is an MMO and you should be playing or force to play in a team. I find myself too many times running by myself (not that I'm complaining about dying, I can take care of myself), but it doesn't feel like PL were usually no matter where you are you get full parties in PUGs.
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Potions and armor
    I got 20 deaths but most of them were due to lag and since lag was gone i got 2. Now lower my armor and i will be like a Nuke Mage in PL trying trying to solo Red Dragon.
    Ok now imagine the pots it will take to solo a boss. About 10-15 in less than 5 mins but wait, we are not even making profit out of the boss.

Unless we all get 100k to start i will be fine with potions prices.

PL-ItsNiNNY-76 PL-Uglybearlolz-76
    AL-NiNNY-21 Rogue
    AL-NiN-21 Warrior