Thread: What is the Mage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default What is the Mage?

Personally I see it as a little creature that has no gender, to make up for the other two classes both having one Maybe I'm wrong, maybe most people see the mage as a male. But being a girl in real I really am not into playing male characters online (it just feels odd to me and isn't as fun for some reason) - so I made a Mage and gave it a female name and am pretending she's a girl. Is there lore or something somewhere that tells what the Mage actually is? Is it gender neutral or is it a species that males and females look enough alike where it would make sense that I could have a female one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the mage is some kind of experiment gone wrong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mewmew View Post
    Personally I see it as a little creature that has no gender, to make up for the other two classes both having one Maybe I'm wrong, maybe most people see the mage as a male. But being a girl in real I really am not into playing male characters online (it just feels odd to me and isn't as fun for some reason) - so I made a Mage and gave it a female name and am pretending she's a girl. Is there lore or something somewhere that tells what the Mage actually is? Is it gender neutral or is it a species that males and females look enough alike where it would make sense that I could have a female one?
    I'm totally feeling OP here. I'm male and have never played a female toon in my gaming history if given the option. I simply don't understand why any guy would, but to each their own. Having only 3 classes is kinda meh...having only 3 models is downright lazy. Makes playing rogue undesirable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

How do you think we women feel having extremely little options and have to play as males. I'm not particularly thrilled all the time having a male character in games and given the option, would probably go for female more than half of the time. I don't mind playing male characters because they dominate these games but more choice is preferred.

As for your no comprehension of why any male would play a female toon, I've encountered TONS of guys who play female characters and they had a choice. This is 2012.

I actually am amused that Elgard put way more female characters than males and some guys are upset
    Last edited by Ladycandyheal; 11-17-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladycandyheal View Post
    ...As for your no comprehension of why any male would play a female toon, I've encountered TONS of guys who play female characters and they had a choice. This is 2012...
    Easy there! For the record, I'm a very modern guy and I don't discriminate against ANYone for ANY reason. That said, my comments had nothing to do with masculine/feminine roles or sexuality. To me, (this is simply my opinion and therefore not open to debate) I like my avatars to be a manifestation of how I'd like to appear if I were actually in the fantasy setting. For posterity, if any guys who play female toons would like to comment, please feel free. Just understand that this isn't an attack or accusation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is the mage... hmmm... I believe the mage is the result of an unholy union between a murlock and a rabbit. Could also possibly have some ewok and/or gremlin ancestors. Heck... I don't know... all I know is he can throw crazy amounts of awesome forces every which way.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Default What is the Mage?

Maybe they could add a female-ish face for mage
    Kaytar