Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Android Force Close on Zoning - OS 2.2 and Sound

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Most of the devices u guys are posting can be upgraded to ice cream sandwich, jellybean and gingerbread. Update your device to get a sound back. 2.2 is really outdated, they really can't do much in the game for 2.2. I am running 4.2.1 on my galaxy s (i9000) and stock 4.2.1 on my nexus 7.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Catwomann View Post
    Most of the devices u guys are posting can be upgraded to ice cream sandwich, jellybean and gingerbread. Update your device to get a sound back. 2.2 is really outdated, they really can't do much in the game for 2.2. I am running 4.2.1 on my galaxy s (i9000) and stock 4.2.1 on my nexus 7.
    You must be rooted then, because the most up to date official version to the i9000 is 2.3.6. I know that jelly bean you're running on it is not official.

But, Catwomann brings up a good point. Check to make sure you're fully updated on your device.

-----
    Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.
    Last edited by Deathpunch; 12-07-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yes, you need to be rooted to be on 4.2.1 on i9000 but u can at least do 2.3.6, its many times better than 2.2.1.

On another thought, this problem isn't related to 2.2 as users are reporting problems on 4.0.3 and others. Seems to be driver problems, game isn't optimized for all audio, video drivers. As screen burns on many top class phones as well, which should not happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I see u have a solution already, but i just found this post. I have a droid 2, not sure th os version, 2.something lol. Sound<repeat crashes eevery 2mins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

It's back. I thought it was gone for a while until stuff like this happens.
    Good hunting for the audio thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Lady_Pebbles

I can confirm.... it is back. In fact, for me it never went away & I always have the sounds off on my devices. This is gettinv worse. I DC & app FCs much more now. The app just froze & FCed twice in ten minutes. Not just while loading but also while viewing pages on the menu screens, selecting an NPC & selecting their quests, etc. To top it off, when I tried to select the "report" option at the FC screen (which hardly pops up), it freezes up and FCs.

Oh & everytime all that happens, it forces my phone to restart. Very annoying!

The game is highly unplayable for me right now so I might just have to abandon it. :-(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles:890274

I can confirm.... it is back. In fact, for me it never went away & I always have the sounds off on my devices. This is gettinv worse. I DC & app FCs much more now. The app just froze & FCed twice in ten minutes. Not just while loading but also while viewing pages on the menu screens, selecting an NPC & selecting their quests, etc. To top it off, when I tried to select the "report" option at the FC screen (which hardly pops up), it freezes up and FCs.

Oh & everytime all that happens, it forces my phone to restart. Very annoying!

The game is highly unplayable for me right now so I might just have to abandon it. :-(

I feel the same way. Just froze yet again in my daily quests.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Try with with the latest client version and let us know how things work for you. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I Use HTC Desire Android 2.2 I think it is 1 Ghz.For a long time i've played all STS games with no technical issues.Some months ago though..once i tried opening PL,DL,SL.!BOOM! Force close..I could only open Arcanr Legends without force close.I also downloaded Pocket Legends.apk from the forums...again force close..So...is it gonna be fixed?Or im gonna have to get a new phone earlier..
    Last edited by OrFeAsGr; 11-06-2013 at 09:32 PM.