Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a little Sorcerer guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heroelite View Post
    One thing I don't understand is why mages put the upgrade in heal that gives 5 m/s for 10 seconds. This is a complete waste imo because that barely increases your regen and gives you a total of 50 mana over the 10 seconds. Each skill costs more than that. I'd rather put that extra upgrade point into something else.
    Well I've been using 5/5 lifegiver and I see a significant reduction in my mana pot usage. The regen definately regens more than the heal costs. Idk the exact numbers but it defo makes the heal itself basically free. It's great. I run 4/5 fire, 3/5 lightning 5/5 life and 2/5 time shift. Gonna put my last point into lightning or time shift when I get it. Seems to be a very effective hybrid class, good with soloing or parties, mobs or bosses .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ambient View Post
    I have a question here. Only been playing a couple days, so bear with me. What are your thoughts on Ice Vs. Lightning? Clearly your preference is lightning, but if we had to compare the two, could you give me your reasons why you prefer lightning. Possibly a compare and contrast, even.

I quote this post primarily because the build I had in mind utilized heal/fire/time, and then I have been debating on the ice versus lightning since I started. I know wind is great, but it just doesn't feel comfortable in use with this build.
    My thoughts on lightning vs. frost:

From a purely damage point of view, you should choose lightning. Hands down. Put the extra point in for the 15% damage increase and frost cannot beat it. It also has a shocking skill that stuns every now and then, but isn't as reliable as frost is for stunning.

From a purely control point of view, you should choose frost. The freeze works first time, every time, and it also freezes a few of the bosses, like Bellybottom. Frost also slows targets that are close to your original target.

I've had both in my build, and I am currently using lightning, but I think I prefer the freeze/slow aspect of frost over the pure damage of lightning.

-----
    Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.