Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Where did everyone go???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilweezy View Post
    there have been several times when i've given street bums food or even a couple bucks and instead of showing gratitude they end up asking for more money so i feel you. it makes me not want to give out anything anymore but then again if your true intention is to help the community then do so without the fulfillment.
    I'm definitely not expecting anything, not even a thanks, it's just that it's insulting when you give something away and you get grief in return - as if somehow you are not charitable enough. That's my only complaint.

You see what I'm referring to. I mean is everyone so discontent that gifts are something to complain about?

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lilweezy View Post
    no offense but how would you feel is someone gifted you a reptilian? lol

its comparable to someone tossing you a quarter at a bar instead of buying you a drink.
    you seem generous and have the intention to help but crap is crap whether its a pink or not.
    so don't expect these kids to be jumping out of their seats just because you gave them a freebie.
    I make 2 observations:
    1. a newbie wouldn't know the difference between one pink and another so those jaded comments are from higher level (typically) players that are looking for a handout
    2. a "junk" pink is still better than what some toons are using

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Where did everyone go???

Pl is still for me a good game even though going for the cap without money is hard I still enjoy it more than al even though it's fun I still enjoy al. I do admit though for the first time in my time in my guild no one was on :0.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    That's a very optimistic way of looking at it. You're saying these STS games will feed off each other and eventually people will just go in circles hopping between STS games. That is assuming there will be no competition

I just provided articles and a video that will prove that the market will soon be saturated by PC MMORPGs...so in your equation, include the likes of World of Warcraft, SWTOR, Firefall, Guildwars 2, Rift Online, Warhammer, Tera Online, Neverwinter, Lineage, Elder Scrolls Online, Secret World, etc. and tell me, how in the world will you convince someone to re-roll to another game that is STS if these are also available to you? In fact, let's roleplay now, assuming I'm an STS player and you're STS, how will you convince me to stay given those other available games Why should I pick you?

The only thing that will prevent these giants from ROFLstomping STS, Gameloft's O&C, and other existing mobile MMOs is if they create a very solid and loyal player base (Also know as FANBOYS who will defend and stick with STS no matter what)...which is exactly what they're all not doing (In fact, they're weakening and confusing their player base every time they release new games), there's no sense of fanboyism in STS at all because the community is divided internally already LOL Anyway, these things are about to unfold as early as the end of this year...so things can get pretty ugly here very fast, if you have any experience with PC MMORPGs, a game can lose hundreds and thousands of players in a month (look at SWTOR, probably lost near half a million subs already in a couple of months) just because of competition *cough*Guildwars 2*cough*...does PL have hundreds and thousands of players as buffer in preparation for this oncoming competition? If not, then it's far from being fine, these incoming games from PC MMO all have a history of sucking the life out of each other in terms of player base, so it's not extreme to assume that all these games can suck the life out of all STS games when they come into the picture...they're already doing that presently Case in point, when GW2 came into t0he picture, SWTOR lost half a million subscribers and WoW also lost near a million subscribers (even more probably)....guess what, GW2 in its first month had 2 million purchases (So simple addition right?).

If you're talking now, yes, they're fine, but if you start looking at the latest buzz...you know something big will storm the mobile scene very soon...they're already probably ****ting their pants right now at the thought
    First of all, I have to say that PL can only benefit from such criticism so keep it coming. It's competition which makes products better therefore it's good to be informed about other gaming options.

My comment was about people leaving PL for AL. Yes, I was taliking about now. As for the general picture... if I was STS then I would take the statement

Why bother with pocket legends when you can boot up Star Wars: The Old Republic on the bus
    as a compliment. It basically says that PL's dominance in mobile gaming might be threatened by giants in the future. It is an indirect recognition that PL is big in mobile MMOs.

I am personally not impressed by graphics, tech specs, sophistication or popularity. It's a matter of taste and personal style... e.g. WoW is the most popular MMO but I would prefer GW2. But still, I don't play GW2 because my life is too complicated, I can't afford to spend more thought on a complex game. If I wanted a complex game, I wouldn't have left chess

There are other games too... League of Legends, Borderlands, World of Tanks.... etc. For casual gaming, Mario and... Tetris are great. Other people play solitaire. Many games, many companies yet they all manage to survive. Why? Because they aim at different target groups.

If all these companies enter the mobile market, the outcome will be unpredictable. Why would a mobile gamer want a complex game? Maybe the small company with experience in the field will win. Maybe competition will force them to evolve and we will see a better game... Who knows?

Finally I don't like fanboyism as it hinders constructive criticism. As a customer I always try to select the best available option for my specific needs. Maybe today it's PL. If tomorrow brings something better I will welcome it, not cry about it... you said it, I am optimistic and as such I don't like catastrophology either
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brave Sir Robin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

^^^What he said.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

We will see, we will see.

Maintain that confidence and optimism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I call it not worrying about spilled milk that hasn't spilled yet, or may not spill anytime soon for that matter. Or, "let's cross that bridge when we come to it" if you prefer.
    Last edited by McBain; 11-20-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

You know, something just occurred to me. Even though STS games were originally developed for the "mobile" market, my guess is that when the majority of players play these games, they're at home, because of the fact that it requires a time commitment. For me personally, I may "check in" here and there when I'm out and about in the world, but I hardly ever put in any play time unless I'm home and have a solid amount of time to play. I obviously can't state this as a fact, but I have a pretty good feeling this is true for most people. So with that in mind, aren't all these big PC MMOs already in direct competition? I already have the choice of whether to sit at home and play Pocket Legends or sit and play World of Warcraft (for example). Why would this suddenly change if WoW went mobile? Nothing would change for me, but that's just me talkin'.
    Last edited by McBain; 11-20-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    I call it not worrying about spilled milk that hasn't spilled yet, or may not spill anytime soon for that matter. Or, "let's cross that bridge when we come to it" if you prefer.
    Worried? I'm pretty excited about this as a gamer, this WTFAWESOME that only geeks like me could dream of years ago...
    Last edited by zeusabe; 11-20-2012 at 09:49 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    You know, something just occurred to me. Even though STS games were originally developed for the "mobile" market, my guess is that when the majority of players play these games, they're at home, because of the fact that it requires a time commitment. For me personally, I may "check in" here and there when I'm out and about in the world, but I hardly ever put in any play time unless I'm home and have a solid amount of time to play. I obviously can't state this as a fact, but I have a pretty good feeling this is true for most people. So with that in mind, aren't all these big PC MMOs already in direct competition? I already have the choice of whether to sit at home and play Pocket Legends or sit and play World of Warcraft (for example). Why would this suddenly change if WoW went mobile? Nothing would change for me, but that's just me talkin'.
    There are MILLIONS of PC MMO players around the world, and the player base of STS games and other existing mobile apps are very small compared to it. World of Warcraft alone has more active subscribers than the entire MMO mobile app industry (at 10 million subscribers actively playing), I doubt STS games even reaches 100k mark active players. So you, in fact, belong to a minority market of the MMO as a genre, everyone is in PC MMO just as what you're saying. Your analysis is valid, that explains why the mobile mmo market has very small player base compared to PC, because they're all already there in the PC. You don't feel that because you're not open minded about it, you don't check out what's on the other side of the fence. You might be overwhelmed when you do actually immerse into a top PC MMO, because there really are that many people in PC MMO. Have you ever experienced playing PvP against 50+++ players? or walking in a city with 100+ people that will cause your FPS to drop so low your screen looks like a CCTV monitor? Mobile app MMOs is very small chunk compared to PC...that's why it's taking so long for them to port to mobile...it's just small business compared to PC.

This is more of preference, there really are people who like to play their games in their tablet that's it just like how people likes to play their console games like ps3 (even if those games are already available in PC). What this means is the giant PC MMO industry will reach out to those kind of people, the ones who prefer to play in their tablets than their PC desktops. I think you need to read up some more, better if you actually play PC MMOs. You sound like someone who's logical, this "thing" is not the Armageddon of mobile MMO, nobody should be worried except the present companies, it's the opposite, it's the savior to a somewhat bland mobile MMO presently.
    Last edited by zeusabe; 11-20-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Here's a quick example of what's going to happen:

Pocket legend people -------------> Arcane Legends
    (People start to hate on Arcane Legends)
    Arcane Legend people -----------> Back to Pocket Legends!

Gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

free to play, pay to win, (free to lose is implied)
    That's what StS is baby
    I would love if StS went in another direction and allowed only customization to be purchaseable. Another forumer mentioned League of Legends, and Im pretty sure moneys raining down hard over there (more like hail ), so if StS could focus more on design and other elements, that would be awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Pocket Legends is a relatively new game... One day, they'll be a huge campaign/update that will draw MANY MANY people! Like Runescape lol... Took about 5 years for it to be "big". Give PL some time! One day, we'll be the top players of a HUGE MMO !

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

My own personal observation Pocket Legends has not really been inventive cutting edge or fun since the sewers and old timers like myself from the beta version got really irritated after the last level cap were they took away our bonuses and gave us rings but decided not to do bonuses anymore,why even bother to level cap and waste your time during the Christmas season when is no incentive?
    It about platinum and it's no fun to wait 6 months for 5 levels of a game it just becomes monotonous boring and it's a bad economy we're in a recession people are out of work hurricane Sandy destroyed half of the East Coast people don't have time to play this stuff I love arcane legends and it's what Pocket Legends use to be but I'm sure Spacetime Studios will find a way to destroy it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to modredd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by modredd View Post
    My own personal observation Pocket Legends has not really been inventive cutting edge or fun since the sewers and old timers like myself from the beta version got really irritated after the last level cap were they took away our bonuses and gave us rings but decided not to do bonuses anymore,why even bother to level cap and waste your time during the Christmas season when is no incentive?
    It about platinum and it's no fun to wait 6 months for 5 levels of a game it just becomes monotonous boring and it's a bad economy we're in a recession people are out of work hurricane Sandy destroyed half of the East Coast people don't have time to play this stuff I love arcane legends and it's what Pocket Legends use to be but I'm sure Spacetime Studios will find a way to destroy it.
    Just as WhoIsThis said, play this game knowing the game it would become. The game WILL become P2P. Not gonna waste months of gameplay, or even years like in PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

People spend ridiculous amounts of platinum, cap in four days, have nothing to do, complain "it's all about the platinum"

Meanwhile, plenty of us are achieving the same thing without platinum. And since it takes longer, we're not as bored. Go figure.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

I'm so done reading walls of text...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Where did everyone go???

I agree what noodle said arcane is a new game and everyone is interested but if a good update comes everyone will start playing pocket legends. I played through all the games
    and some people stopped playing pocket legends after a good update came out most came back