Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy:856451
    Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    I see all your points.
    And ye i never played wow but if it went mobile id probably dabble in it, since its a big name and succes an graphics, but idk PL is my first mmo i really played an spent money an cared about , but my mmo playin fun is comin to a end anyways, i been losin intrest, idk if its the game or im not likin playin games for hours an hours anymore an missin my life idk, ive been playin AL alot not much AT ALL goin on like 2weeks lol
    It's the game. Once a gamer, always a gamer. You made a mistake of investing on a game without looking at your other options. People have been bragging (or telling) here how much they've spent on Pocket Legends and they feel good about it probably but in truth they're dumb street-wise for spending...$500 to a whopping $1000...even more over a game when you can spend less for more...are you one of those? If yes, then I feel bad for you...

What if I tell you that you can set up a powerful PC that can run the best MMOs in the market today at medium to high performance for the same amount or less? I assembled my own PC for way below $500 and I could play games like WoW, Guildwars 2, Rift Online, Tera Online, SWTOR, Diablo 3, etc. name it, I can play it, maybe a little upgrade here and there but minimal cost. The leap in quality is very huge both in graphics quality and content quality. I have to literally lower my standard to be able to appreciate a mobile game such as PL,, it's the truth, since I'm coming from PC. So why do I play mobiles games such as PL? Well...curiosity, that's about it...I want to be in the middle of things when technology happens...I still think mobile gaming is the future...but not quite there yet. So I want to be here while it's still not there yet...I'm a sucker for knowing things first hand, I just want to be there when it happens. I'm playing PL/SL/DL/AL and O&C, just fooling around nothing serious really...I just want to say that I'm also in the mobile scene...that's it...but if I want to put on my game face, I turn to my PC MMOs

Anyway, as for your personal life, gaming and life can co-exist. I make money out of gaming. I have my own son review games for me because I believe kids have the best points of view when it comes to games. We're a family of gamers So don't look at gaming as something bad in life. If it's indeed your interest, it has its own industry in the professional world and has place in everyone's lives. You just have to figure out how you'll channel it into something good. Don't go against your interest, for all you know, it's where your future lies ;D Gaming is just like any other hobby that you can turn into a business or a profession. Very well...on topic, where did everyone go? Arcane Legends...
    All im goin to say is ive spent 100$ or less on this game, but really i didnt spend nothin, i do really love the mobile part, cause i was never a big system buyer or pc user, just my lil android

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    It's the game. Once a gamer, always a gamer. You made a mistake of investing on a game without looking at your other options. People have been bragging (or telling) here how much they've spent on Pocket Legends and they probably feel good about it but in truth they're not as smart street-wise for spending...$500 to a whopping $1000...even more over a game when you can spend less for more...are you one of those? If yes, then I feel bad for you...not because you spent the money (for all we know, you're a richie rich), but because you missed out on so many other beautiful games that you're oblivious about...and probably deserving more of your money.

What if I tell you that you can set up a powerful PC that can run the best MMOs in the market today at medium to high performance for the same amount or less? I assembled my own PC for way below $500 and I could play games like WoW, Guildwars 2, Rift Online, Tera Online, SWTOR, Diablo 3, etc. name it, I can play it, maybe a little upgrade here and there but minimal cost. The leap in quality is very huge both in graphics quality and content quality. I have to literally lower my standard to be able to appreciate a mobile game such as PL or even AL I still have to lower my standard, it's the truth, since I'm coming from PC. So why do I play mobiles games such as PL? Well...curiosity, that's about it...I want to be in the middle of things when technology happens...I still think mobile gaming is the future...but not quite there yet. So I want to be here while it's still not there yet...I'm a sucker for knowing things first hand, I just want to be there when it happens. I'm playing PL/SL/DL/AL and O&C, just fooling around nothing serious really...I just want to say that I'm also in the mobile scene...that's it...but if I want to put on my game face, I turn to my PC MMOs

Anyway, as for your personal life, gaming and life can co-exist. I make money out of gaming. I have my own son review games for me because I believe kids have the best points of view when it comes to games. We're a family of gamers, I have relatives who probably makes more money playing games and having a time of their lives than lawyers and other professionals So don't look at gaming as something bad in life. If it's indeed your interest, it has its own industry in the professional world and has place in everyone's lives. You just have to figure out how you'll channel it into something good. Don't go against your interest, for all you know, it's where your future lies ;D Gaming is just like any other hobby that you can turn into a business or a profession. Very well...on topic, where did everyone go? Arcane Legends...

Yea, at the moment I'm testing AL.
    And reading many of vampinoy's posts I think I might give some games a shot.
    Instead of buying another one or two plat packs I might just upgrade my old quad Core PC and give a few games a try.
    Atm, I'm don't feel like wasting any more real life money on PL.
    And the feeling of accomplishment doesn't last very long in PL anyways, there's always something to grind for.
    I might jump in here and there, but I really need to let it go...

Well, Vampinoy... I hate to say it, but ur right when u say we spent too much already on PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

People just need to learn how to manage there time. I'm a professional runner and still have time to play PL and hit elite on 3 toons. I however sub some of the time with money. time is money and money is time. I spend on avarage 2-3 hours playing and when a new cap come I play 1-2 days straight but tone it down ones I capped my toon. Just learn to mange your time is all.
    Lv76 Full Dex Bird Supernamek, Lv76 Full Int Nuke Mage Supersongokou, Lv76 Tank Bear Darkpiccolo, Lv76 Tank Support Rhino Darknamek, Lv76 Full Dex DOT Fox Kakkorot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Time management, I manage to study, work, play other games, PL, and have time for family

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

This is nothing new, I realized this around 7 months ago when DL was released...there were early signs...they were cannibalizing their own market base from DL now AL. Saturation of people keep getting thinner the more games they release. I'm just baffled why they keep releasing new games to compete with their existing ones when MMOs out there today are trying to create mega-servers where everyone's in one server playing one game. You think they'll stop in AL?...

If their own game (AL) can have an effect on PL (or any other STS MMO) like this, what about other complete and more established MMO game/developers should they decide to port to mobile? It's obvious that the reason why people are leaving PL for AL is because they found AL to be "better"...in that case, these established MMO game/developers will completely destroy any STS MMO because they have the fan base, track record, etc. I heard WoW will port to mobile next year or the next, if and when that happens, STS games will become a forgotten thing, there's no way they can compete with a Blizzard MMO with 10million strong subscribers (Blizzard plans to link their mobile WoW to the PC WoW, so they're planning to bring in their millions of customers to mobile). Once Blizzard gets into the mobile market, expect their rivals to hop in too, Arenanet, Bioware, Funcom, Trion, etc...I don't think STS games has what it takes to bang with these guys being a PC MMO player myself. The quality is lightyears apart sorry, it's the truth. Just no way. STS is enjoying the luxury of being "alone" in this mobile industry. STS hasn't really been put to the test in a sense the competition is almost non-existent. They are creating their own competition by releasing multiple games. We will see how STS will do once these giants come into the picture. So again, If their own game (AL), a far from being a complete MMO, can cause cause this much negative impact on their own games, imagine what a complete and true MMO can do to them. That being said, I think they're just trying to make the most out of it. They're living on borrowed time, until the big boys come into the picture.

WOW on mobile, thoughts?
    Bookmark it: http://toucharcade.com/2012/03/20/wo...-could-happen/
    This^

Yes I completely agree, it's just the fact that STS made AL into a game that closely resembles PL's theme, it makes PL look like a game for five year olds.

So why do I bother posting here? Because fortunately, if it wasn't for the devs who interact with out players, our community wouldn't be close. Too many good friends here

In honesty too, I'm only a freshman in high school. Sure, I work hard, I play soccer at a very high level as well as some volleyball. Because (in my view) PL has been taking a "down fall". When I get older, I won't be investing anymore time here. AL will be the new game for me anyway.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 11-18-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    People just need to learn how to manage there time. I'm a professional runner and still have time to play PL and hit elite on 3 toons. I however sub some of the time with money. time is money and money is time. I spend on avarage 2-3 hours playing and when a new cap come I play 1-2 days straight but tone it down ones I capped my toon. Just learn to mange your time is all.
    I don't think there's a problem with time management rather than with spending a lot of real life money for ... Yea what?
    I'm pretty sure bragging about my accomplishments in PL to my family or friends in real life would make me look like a nerd. PL changed a lot, and unfortunately it's too fast paced for me. As u say, after u cap ur toons u still play 2-3 hours a day? I have to ask myself if I wanna spend that much time after work for a game that makes me spend a lot of money (yea, it's a free game if u don't want the best gear, that is).

When AL came out, I took another break from PL and now... I don't miss it anymore.
    Maybe it's time to explore other online games and see if there's something out there for less money.
    Just saying, If by end of the year u see how much u spent for this game it makes u wanna cry cause u realize what other cool stuff u could have afforded in real life instead of always being under the first ones to cap or getting pinks that will be worthless after 2 months. To me it has no actual meaning any more.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bebsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Halo 4.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Entertaining For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Halo 4 + Borderlands 2 + School + Technology + Arcane Legends + League of Legends + modding the **** out of Minecraft = where I've been for the last week
    Last edited by Roberto077; 11-19-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Only if I could afford another PS3

AL doesn't hacve anything special. Just love the new names I have..prob y I even play -__-

I'd gladly give all thus up for a PS3...

lol I could finally rush people nd let them team my RPG-7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
    That's not even what this is about for me. I don't want to give too much of my money to make someone else comfy and won't. This game is not a public service, they are getting paid. They gotta put food on their families plates and so do I.

The prices in AL are still too high. STS are used to a certain way of receiving and they aren't going to give that up. Spending money on imaginary things for imaginary characters in a MMORPG....It's fun at times, a distraction but I would rather play a full game with no nickel and diming honestly or a subscription model. I kind of miss WoW and Everquest II lol

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

I heard WoW will port to mobile next year or the next, if and when that happens, STS games will become a forgotten thing, there's no way they can compete with a Blizzard MMO with 10million strong subscribers (Blizzard plans to link their mobile WoW to the PC WoW, so they're planning to bring in their millions of customers to mobile). WOW on mobile, thoughts?
    Bookmark it: http://toucharcade.com/2012/03/20/wo...-could-happen/
    i hope it wont happen, i would play it 24/7... end of RL...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    i hope it wont happen, i would play it 24/7... end of RL...
    Here's more news: http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/499...le-mmo-gaming/

Future of Mobile MMO gaming: Project Fiona!
    Watch!

That article cited Pocket Legends and quote "Why bother with pocket legends when you can boot up Star Wars: The Old Republic on the bus?".

Those kind of articles are all over the internet. People recognize this fact that mobile MMO market is currently "untouched" by the big players. That's a fact. It's almost as if everyone's waiting for WoW to make its move as Rift, Minecraft, and SWTOR has also been alluded to be portable in this future technology through this device, together with other console games.

You see this thread was started by a question, "where did everyone go?", today, we can say they went to Arcane Legends...in the very near future, when all the big players have entered the mobile industry...the question will become "Who will even want to stay here?"

With the current technology and hints of different developers and MMO insiders, you know the MMO giants are just waiting for the right time, and I'm very surprised that STS doesn't seem to look like it's fortifying its defenses for this inevitable influx of competitors, instead of strengthening their player base by creating one big mega-server and establish loyalty...they spread everyone out and weaken their player base. SL basically never took off, PL is probably has seen its prime days, DL just cannibalized unsatisfied customers in SL and PL, and now AL practically rescued PL's remaining disappointed player base. So what STS have so far is a very confused community that's been hopping their games for 3 years, this begs the question for players now, "where do I really stick my loyalty to?" When these giants come into the picture, it will be so easy to convince these players out of this confusing pattern set by STS to migrate to their game because the foundation keeps on getting shaken in STS community...

PS: More vids of Project Fiona out there. It's the real deal, and if you're an MMO fan (or a gamer for that matter), you should watch out for this one. That's literally a Portable PC even more powerful than your current console games (mobile phone gaming will become a joke when this baby reaches the market) and I think most MMOs are just waiting for this to be mass produced, It can run Skyrim on Ultra Settings for crying out loud, it got big guns alright ;D Couple of years ago I'd laugh at the idea...
    Last edited by vampinoy; 11-19-2012 at 07:29 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampinoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Here's more news: http://www.mmogames.com/gamenews/499...le-mmo-gaming/

Future of Mobile MMO gaming: Project Fiona!
    Watch!

That article cited Pocket Legends and quote "Why bother with pocket legends when you can boot up Star Wars: The Old Republic on the bus?".

Those kind of articles are all over the internet. People recognize this fact that mobile MMO market is currently "untouched" by the big players. That's a fact. It's almost as if everyone's waiting for WoW to make its move as Rift, Minecraft, and SWTOR has also been alluded to be portable in this future technology through this device, together with other console games.

You see this thread was started by a question, "where did everyone go?", today, we can say they went to Arcane Legends...in the very near future, when all the big players have entered the mobile industry...the question will become "Who will even want to stay here?"

With the current technology and hints of different developers and MMO insiders, you know the MMO giants are just waiting for the right time, and I'm very surprised that STS doesn't seem to look like it's fortifying its defenses for this inevitable influx of competitors, instead of strengthening their player base by creating one big mega-server and establish loyalty...they spread everyone out and weaken their player base. SL basically never took off, PL is probably has seen its prime days, DL just cannibalized unsatisfied customers in SL and PL, and now AL practically rescued PL's remaining disappointed player base. So what STS have so far is a very confused community that's been hopping their games for 3 years, this begs the question for players now, "where do I really stick my loyalty to?" When these giants come into the picture, it will be so easy to convince these players out of this confusing pattern set by STS to migrate to their game because the foundation keeps on getting shaken in STS community...

PS: More vids of Project Fiona out there. It's the real deal, and if you're an MMO fan (or a gamer for that matter), you should watch out for this one. That's literally a Portable PC even more powerful than your current console games (mobile phone gaming will become a joke when this baby reaches the market) and I think most MMOs are just waiting for this to be mass produced, It can run Skyrim on Ultra Settings for crying out loud, it got big guns alright ;D Couple of years ago I'd laugh at the idea...
    Sometime I'm just gonna go to all of your posts and thank every one of them. You seriously deserve it. Everytime you post, it's another freaking essay. And I love every word of it Good stuff, man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Looks Good cuz I'm confused with whether I'm playing AL or SL I can't tell anymore lol XD All my guild has migrated to AL and Star Legends has only got PvP to keep me coming back to it! ah I've just had an amazing idea. I'm gona post it Lolz. cheers Bro :-)
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I actually watched a YouTube video of arcane legends last night after reading much of the responses in this thread. It does look really good. Looks like it may be harder to play (more details always means there is more things to worry about and harder to play). But it's possible more people like that.

One of the things I always liked about PL was its simplicity. Does AL have the same kind of simplicity or is it much more complicated??

Also, I noticed the improved graphics, but I wonder why they couldn't port better graphics over to PL in a future update as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Yeah It's Simple. Just hack and slash really ^_^ plus thinking about pets and fun with storylines and quests.
    You should try it on chrome or flash ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I've tried playing PL on my PC, and I just can't play an action game with a mouse and keyboard. I much prefer a touch screen. When I play PL on my PC I like that I can type well, so I do much of my merching from the PC. But when it comes time to run the dungeons, I use my iPad or iPhone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

just give it a try k :-)
    Hopefully it will be released by the evil ios app market soon lol XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Unless STS future competitors' games are free to play, I'll be sticking with STS.

As for right now, I think PL will be just fine. AL is the new kid on the block and getting all the attention (and is a really fun game), but that novelty of a new game will eventually wear off for a lot of people. Not all, mind you, but a lot. I'm sure PL lost some players when both SL and DL came out, but overall it's still going strong. I don't think AL will kill it. PL is still my main game of the bunch, personally.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

You should visit my new thread on an idea that brings all of sts games into one big game to keep the community together in the games:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...053#post858053

That should resolve most issues of people disappearing or jumping to other MMO games if it gets approved. It's only an idea right now but hey Ho I'd love to recieve your feedback.