Thread: Large Post on Stat calculations and Potential to re-balance Classes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Post Large Post on Stat calculations and Potential to re-balance Classes

Hi everyone,
    I wanted to post this Google Document that i created based on all the posts complaining about imbalanced classes or DEX being a useless stat for none Rogues etc.

So here is a spreadsheet i made based current calculations for Health, Dodge, Crit, Mana, Damage % and i added a full DPS calculation including your Crit.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B04Z...huVVRGamM/edit

The original reason i started the spreadsheet however, was to come up with another way to calculate Dodge/Crit to try to make it a stat to put points into if you are not a Rogue. The calculation also makes it scalable for if/when the level cap gets up to the Pocket Legends Level cap. This calculation is basically a higher rate of Dodge/Crit per point of DEX, but it divides this overall value by 1/10 of your current Level. If you look at the current calculations you could reach 100% dodge/crit with gear by level 75 or so. With my calculation it keeps the numbers down to a reasonable % no matter how high a level the max level is set at.

You can see how items are calculated in the following thread, response #44
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...es-Stats/page3

So using the item calculations above, i made some assumptions in gear for each character in the spreadsheet to try and maximize dps (from gear) and there are 3 different calculations based on how you spend your points with each level you gain (Points Per Level - PPL). So PLEASE read the assumptions before you come yelling at me.

Damage+Crit calculation is the following, where i think a crit =200% normal damage
    = Damage * (1+ (Crit% * 2)) = your true dps using only your basic attack.

<edit>

• I also noticed that pets with +Damage% buffs don't change your damage calculation in game or your damage% under your main attribute. This may be a bug, or is just overlooked in the stats screen.
    • Also, calculating damage doesn't seem to work correct using Weapon Damage * Damage % bonus. When i tested different weapon out it appears they all have about the same attack speed so i'm not sure why the damage calculation is so off from Weapon Damage * Damage % from Main Attribute

calculation should evaluate to 58.8 (34.6*1.7)
    Name:  archmage rod of brutality copy.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  301.3 KB
    calculation should evaluate to 72.1 (41.7*1.73)
    Name:  Darkmagi staff of force.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  219.7 KB
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 11-21-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Great post, but I fail to see its relevance to re-balancing the classes.

The general consensus is to adjust make-up of the classes, not the stats.
    At the moment, Warriors are steam rolling through everything and basically dealing as much damage as Sorcerers. They have close to infinite sustain both health and mana, and they don't have to sacrifice much from a stat and gear stand point because that is how they are naturally built in game at the moment. Meanwhile, Rogues are struggling to keep up with the spells due to the high mana cost with no means of significant regeneration other than potions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Hi, yes, i understand that and the first table on each class illustrates that. In order to get within 2/3 of the health of a Warrior, a Rogue and a Mage would need to put 5 points into STR and 1 into DEX/INT per level. By doing this they have 15% less damage from there basic attack and considerable more per skill as skill damage improves as you improve your main stat. Not only this but the average skill costs at level 16 are 35 for Warrior, 55 for Rogue, and 91 for Mage and each level the average increase is 1.2,1.9,3.5 respectively. At this rate, to keep your mana at a respective level a mage needs to put 4 points into INT, a Rogue 2 points into INT, and a warrior only 1 point. This is definitely an imbalance ( i added this skill cost chart to the spreadsheet)

My post as you can read was a general sharing of the calculations, can be used as a bit of a calculator if you adjust the PPL area. As i also mentioned i started it to look at how STS will have a problem with Rogues being overpowered by the time max level is 31+ because of the way dodge/crit is calculated currently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I'm sure that in the future, they would implement some sort of repercussions on Dodge like diminishing return. They wouldn't let a rogue just stack to 100%, because that would be absurdly overpowered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Large Post on Stat calculations and Potential to re-balance Classes

I don't have a lvl 15 rogue but I do have a warrior and mage and with my Mage spec I almost have an easier time and I kill faster than my warrior. I do however pop a ton of mana potions but that has to do with the imbalance in skill costs and the lack of additional mana regen besides pets
    I have fireball, plus 2 points (cant remember), gale force all the way, time shift plus the DoT and rooting, and life giving plus both mana upgrades. With gale force speed boost and 75% dodge for 3s i GF first, run into mob and drop the clock and circle back to FB and by then GF is up again. It's a really fun build

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CosmoxKramer For This Useful Post: