Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Reporting has become useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Well when SL was released it wasn't that bad.Most PL people said that it sucked.At that time I didn't like SL either.Then I tried to make my self like it and now I'm addicted

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I'm pretty sure they do do stuff
    They might just give temporary bans
    Or device bans
    Or the person deletes the char before he is banned so he can use name on a new account
    Or it's just a different person advertising the same thing that you remember

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Babbare View Post

With half a dozen screen shots of people saying they're selling accounts, and you still see them active? That's just wrong though. I take time to actually write a report with their name, and take a screenshoots and nothing gets done. I'm aware they tell you "We can't tell you what happens to others please, stays private," but when you see them in Blackstar still trying to sell or just walking around a MONTH later... Then you know they didn't do anything.

Had a screenshot of a guy posing as an admin and treating to have me BANNED. Saying I'm in serious trouble. I even went on the Support site on the website to report him, and nothing has happened to him. I just saw him walking around blackstar, and I asked him why he did it. His response was " I thought it was funny." Like are you joking with me?!
    A month later? In that month they could've gotten their ban. They don't perma-ban for little things anymore, them "selling" their account could've got them a 7 day ban. Then again, you never know.

You having your own problem with a guy threatening you to get you banned is more of, how do I put this nicely, your problem. We don't know how you reacted to the guy posing as a dev, so it's not really easy to say "oh he was being a bad guy threatening to ban you!"

Support can't tell you what they did or what they didn't do, so you can't say they don't do anything about a scammer.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995 View Post
    A month later? In that month they could've gotten their ban. They don't perma-ban for little things anymore, them "selling" their account could've got them a 7 day ban. Then again, you never know.

You having your own problem with a guy threatening you to get you banned is more of, how do I put this nicely, your problem. We don't know how you reacted to the guy posing as a dev, so it's not really easy to say "oh he was being a bad guy threatening to ban you!"

Support can't tell you what they did or what they didn't do, so you can't say they don't do anything about a scammer.
    So you're telling me it's my problem that the STS staff doesn't do anything with any situations I report? That I am chilling in blackstar chatting with friends through messages, and a guy decides to have some "fun" and pretends to be an Admin, and then starts saying how I'm in trouble for offenses, and keeps ragging it on. That's my problem that I reported him with screenshot, wrote a long descriptive report to STS, and I still see him regularly?

If they say they take these offense so seriously, especially Posing as an Admin you think they won't get a perma-ban? I believe that is a completely opposite.

Not once did I say anything rude towards the person who posed as a Admin. I was completely shocked by the fact the incident even happened, and that he took it so far telling me I'll receive messages later that day about myself being banned.

Support can't tell you what they did or didn't do? Joking? When you have the entire conversation or the entire thing screen shot? I believe that tells the entire story perfectly.

I'm not here to argue with you about this. I'm more P/O at system is all. I appreciate your input though.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    I'm pretty sure they do do stuff
    They might just give temporary bans
    Or device bans
    Or the person deletes the char before he is banned so he can use name on a new account
    Or it's just a different person advertising the same thing that you remember
    Well I think selling accounts or posing as an admin would be a perma-ban. I had a friend that said the "N" word and got a 10 day temp-ban. So if he almost a two week banned, I'll believe those other offensive might be more drastic.

I don't believe it's a different person, because I have all my STS screenshots that I have reported people in a folder, and once I take a new screenshot I look to make sure it's not the same person. Plus the name really stands out sometimes to me. Some click and others you just let go, but I have four in the type of my mind that instantly clicks.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jblazer View Post
    Well when SL was released it wasn't that bad.Most PL people said that it sucked.At that time I didn't like SL either.Then I tried to make my self like it and now I'm addicted
    Lol. Made yourself like it? Glad you at least enjoy it

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiarck View Post
    Everytime a new s.t.s game gets released sl always gets ignored so I dont think this will ever be fixed, even if s.t.s does not realese a new game the attention goes on pl, lol sl just cant win for once
    Yea kinda annoying, but I honestly think the system in SL is actually a little better than Arcane Legends. Arcane still needs a lot of work, but it's two different games as well. Have to take that into account, but I kinda enjoy SL system a bit better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Yea kinda annoying, but I honestly think the system in SL is actually a little better than Arcane Legends. Arcane still needs a lot of work, but it's two different games as well. Have to take that into account, but I kinda enjoy SL system a bit better.
    I do too :-) I think the whole concept of SL is awesome.Call me crazy and then hug me in my 3rd HM comp.
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Lol. Made yourself like it? Glad you at least enjoy it
    I forced myself to enjoy it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default How Reporting has become useless.

Is it not good to have a no rule game ?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jblazer View Post
    I forced myself to enjoy it
    I do that when I'm studying. I tell myself I'll like it and eventually I do lol. Trick yourself.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post
    I do too :-) I think the whole concept of SL is awesome.Call me crazy and then hug me in my 3rd HM comp.
    I like it a lot better, but I do enjoy the skill tree of Arcane. How each spill can stack on each other as like buffs.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glennleejunxian View Post
    Is it not good to have a no rule game ?
    Well I kinda think the game should of some type of rule so it doesn't get too out of hand. If society didn't have any rules than we could do whatever we wanted really. Just like enforce it a little, or show the community the Developers are actually listening to us and our request is all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

+1 to this thread. I reported only one player, but he has done things you can't imagine. I was even scared to shock the StS support by sending the pictures. I did send an Email with the screens, and they did answer me "we will take action into this, we take it very seriously". But, the guy was still online everyday in game. I can tell you that what he said and did, could make him have serious consequences with the police, here in England. You can't even imagine how shocking it was. I cannot believe support did nothing about it.
    Support bans people doing small things against ToS, but doesn't ban people doing giant things against the ToS and the law at same time.
    But, we can't do anything about. We are just players...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    +1 to this thread. I reported only one player, but he has done things you can't imagine. I was even scared to shock the StS support by sending the pictures. I did send an Email with the screens, and they did answer me "we will take action into this, we take it very seriously". But, the guy was still online everyday in game. I can tell you that what he said and did, could make him have serious consequences with the police, here in England. You can't even imagine how shocking it was. I cannot believe support did nothing about it.
    Support bans people doing small things against ToS, but doesn't ban people doing giant things against the ToS and the law at same time.
    But, we can't do anything about. We are just players...
    Actually we can do something about it, and that's not buy platinum from them really. That's how they make their income really. I know it's not anything, but clearly they need money for the poor work they have been doing.
    I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience.
    Just the other day I had two people from the guild "Autobots" spam on BlackStar Chat saying I'm a homosexual, my mother is a whore, and my father is gay. I mean they were PMing it and spamming it nonestop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Actually we can do something about it, and that's not buy platinum from them really. That's how they make their income really. I know it's not anything, but clearly they need money for the poor work they have been doing.
    I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience.
    Just the other day I had two people from the guild "Autobots" spam on BlackStar Chat saying I'm a homosexual, my mother is a whore, and my father is gay. I mean they were PMing it and spamming it nonestop.
    It's called: Kids, trolling all day xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Maybe STS were busy working on AL and forgot -_-,
    Maybe these things take a long time? Who knows lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

I've been called all sorts like that ingame. It's not pleasant.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    It's called: Kids, trolling all day xD
    Oh I know, but it got way too out of hand. Like I was seriously offended by it. Like half of the guild was doing it. Like even their Guild Master. Crazy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Oh I know, but it got way too out of hand. Like I was seriously offended by it. Like half of the guild was doing it. Like even their Guild Master. Crazy.
    Woah, a kidtroll guild :/