Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arcane Legends or not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with everything you said. But i would like to add that pets drop from daily quests more often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cuteandsmexy View Post
    I agree with everything you said. But i would like to add that pets drop from daily quests more often.
    I agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Ahh, it's always so refreshing when I see someone address these types of issues maturely. It goes without saying that you can't make everybody happy, but it seems to me that, in this community especially (perhaps the demographic, ie; lots of younger players?), people overlook the fact that Spacetime isn't tailoring the game specifically to their needs. The developer is obviously doing their best to hear us out and build a better "bigger picture". MMORPG veterans could tell you that's a hell of a lot more than you should expect.

With that being said, you raise a lot if valid points and I respect not only your wording, but the research you've put into them. Good on you, O.P.

What I identify with most is your concerns regarding armor packs and other non-vanity equipment. Normally I just suck it up, but normally developers don't even blink an eye at player opinions. As a proud supporter and contributer, I also plead for the folks at Spacetime to let this one be different. Your previous titles were fantastic, but from what I gather, your more "diehard" MMO players share the same concern.

This game you have here is phenomenal. Obviously, you're aware of your success, but I can't stress to you enough that this game is literally MONUMENTAL. Smartphone MMO's are terrible. Even the ones you might pass off as playable have a serious drawback, be it sluggish controls or a poor interface. But 9 out of 10 times it's the item shop that spoils it. Most companies don't care about that. They're still making money.. But most companies made terrible games to begin with. Arcane Legends has the potential to go down as the MMORPG that defined smartphone gaming. Please let it continue on wiping its butt with Order & Chaos.

Praise his noodly appendages,
    - Sledge -

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sledge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And the 25% luck elixer is horrible it doesn't work right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I miss Order & Chaos, but I have much more addiction in StS games!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Ahh, it's always so refreshing when I see someone address these types of issues maturely. It goes without saying that you can't make everybody happy, but it seems to me that, in this community especially (perhaps the demographic, ie; lots of younger players?), people overlook the fact that Spacetime isn't tailoring the game specifically to their needs. The developer is obviously doing their best to hear us out and build a better "bigger picture". MMORPG veterans could tell you that's a hell of a lot more than you should expect.

With that being said, you raise a lot if valid points and I respect not only your wording, but the research you've put into them. Good on you, O.P.

What I identify with most is your concerns regarding armor packs and other non-vanity equipment. Normally I just suck it up, but normally developers don't even blink an eye at player opinions. As a proud supporter and contributer, I also plead for the folks at Spacetime to let this one be different. Your previous titles were fantastic, but from what I gather, your more "diehard" MMO players share the same concern.

This game you have here is phenomenal. Obviously, you're aware of your success, but I can't stress to you enough that this game is literally MONUMENTAL. Smartphone MMO's are terrible. Even the ones you might pass off as playable have a serious drawback, be it sluggish controls or a poor interface. But 9 out of 10 times it's the item shop that spoils it. Most companies don't care about that. They're still making money.. But most companies made terrible games to begin with. Arcane Legends has the potential to go down as the MMORPG that defined smartphone gaming. Please let it continue on wiping its butt with Order & Chaos.

Praise his noodly appendages,
    - Sledge -
    This game has great potential as a MMORPG game for a smartphone. From what I've seen, Order & Chaos sucks. This game can be turned around completely and be made into a real mmorpg. But you're right, I also plead for the same thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just in case you aren't already, make sure you are running with a full party ... I find that pink drops happen a lot more often when you have 4 people grinding it out vs 3 or less. I can't remember getting a pink soloing. My feeling is that once I really started playing a lot that the drops I received started getting less, so it's possible that they've made it more difficult if you log a lot of hours and grind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by huckweed View Post
    Just in case you aren't already, make sure you are running with a full party ... I find that pink drops happen a lot more often when you have 4 people grinding it out vs 3 or less. I can't remember getting a pink soloing. My feeling is that once I really started playing a lot that the drops I received started getting less, so it's possible that they've made it more difficult if you log a lot of hours and grind.
    Thanks but I know . Btw, I wasn't talking about the luck when farming, but the luck of chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yuni99 View Post
    This game has great potential as a MMORPG game for a smartphone. From what I've seen, Order & Chaos sucks. This game can be turned around completely and be made into a real mmorpg. But you're right, I also plead for the same thing.
    I think that O&C helped light the way for what's possible, all though I can't give the developers much credit for simply making the twentieth WoW clone on a smaller platform. I personally only played the game long enough to lose my $7.00 (I killed a couple of wolves and began throwing up uncontrollably whilst I fumbled for the 'uninstall' button)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Thanks but I know . Btw, I wasn't talking about the luck when farming, but the luck of chests.
    ahh yeah I see now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

For everyone claiming to open 200 vhests without a pink (elite or regular chests, not founders) I would love for STS to pull their loot log and show us. Is it really 200?
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike1298 View Post
    For everyone claiming to open 200 vhests without a pink (elite or regular chests, not founders) I would love for STS to pull their loot log and show us. Is it really 200?
    No, it's not 200. It's 206.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

IF they release even stronger elixirs we know what direction theyre going with AL then. Soon, only rich players will be "pro" and nothing will be based on skill again. I like how they kept the elixirs down to only +50% but if they do more then screw this.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to iprotectnoobs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iprotectnoobs View Post
    IF they release even stronger elixirs we know what direction theyre going with AL then. Soon, only rich players will be "pro" and nothing will be based on skill again. I like how they kept the elixirs down to only +50% but if they do more then screw this.
    Ikr! :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I agree if they add more elixers I will most likely quit. I want what they promised, plat would be vanity only.
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm wondering if the drop rate was too high to begin with. There is an excessive number of almost every item on consignment. That does suck about the elite chests, though.
    "I'm Sledge McDredge, and this is my favorite thread on the citadel."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

This really gets to me when it comes down to actually running and farming the Elite maps. You spend so much time, money on pots, and maybe plat on elixirs (keep in mind on the same dungeons you have previously beat already) and you beat the boss and everyone in the party comes out short with a green, a purple, or chests than won't give you a pink. I think this is the main reason why the real good gear (especially the level 16 ones) are so rare, doing these runs are quite simply counter-productive!
    Last edited by Enisceloz; 11-23-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Enisceloz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

" plats will only be for vanity ''

Sure... i'm waiting..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I don't mind the platinum, it's just STS makes it that you basically have to have pay for play, to be the best geared. If they made it where you could trade gold for plat, or make plat items buyable through gold it'd be a little better. I have only spent $10 on this game, and that was to buy my guild a GH. That's all the money I'm spending on this game too.

and about pinks, I've probably opened about 110 copper chests, 50 silver, and about 20 gold chests, and I have only got like 2 pinks. And they were worth like 8k each lol...

My opinion, you have to do lots, and lots, of farming to get the godly gear. The thing i do hate about the godly gears for warriors, is they don't have strength, well the ones that I've seen. I prefer, armor and strength. As of now I have 565 armor and 180 strength. And I spent about 80k total for my helm, and armor. Spent 60k on my axe. You can still get good gear, without paying the 500k people put it up for. So I think my toon is pretty well equipped atm.
    IGN: Linthar
    Guild: Chivalrous Union, Proud Officer
    Level: 26

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

STS has done an INCREDIBLE job with AL so far. If you haven't noticed, the elixirs give a pretty small boost (a huge step up from the PL elixir-dominated world) and the best items can all be farmed. In terms of founder chests... when you gamble, don't complain if you lose. Honestly. It says it's a rare chance, right?

I've been just as critical of platinum-bought advantages in STS games, but I believe they finally have the right formula to make their greatest game of all time—a combination of the best things about PL, SL, and DL. They have the experience now. Just look at AL so far: it has surpassed my wildest expectations. At this point, I think bright optimism about the future of AL is well warranted.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]