Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What OTHER things would you like to see in Arcane Legends? (Premium Content)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I'll pay up $2.99 a month if you would improve gold drops, vendor prices, and reduce the need for platinum in the game currently to make money. You did say that platinum would play a smaller role in this game and it would be more for vanities. Considering I can get about 2-3k gold for doing all the dailies and running each dungeon. The game is currently only balanced for luck or purchasing gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I've been playing Arcane Legends and I've been playing other MMO's for a while now (references Diablo 3, Torchlight 2, LoL etc). It's a great MMO in the making but still needs tweaks to keep the fun alive. Below I present some suggestions that AL should be brought up to standards on.

Here's some of my suggestions:

*Auto-pot option on pets: Where the pet auto heals HP/MP on its owner (There should be a check off option in option menu for manual or auto-potting if you HP/MP flash "red". Or you can include a scroll bar with percentage numbers from 10-100% for HP/MP to manually adjust, where the pet will heal your HP/MP if you fall below that desired percentage). I want to feel like I can grind and farm non-stop without the option of manually potting, some people like it some people don't. That's why there should be an option for this in the option menu.

*Lower the auto-feed cost to 10% of current values, (ex: 400 coins into 40 coins for level 16 pet feeding cost) this is much more affordable to maintain. If not just eliminate the cost completely. It eats your money over time and its a hassle to keep switching pets so you can save cost on feeding. Over time it does drain your funds.

*Clicking an item in chat to paste the item info, so others can see exactly what you have to trade or what you are selling. This option saves the hassle of trading to see something when people are busy running dungeons and the other person is too far away.

*The option to see the stat changes of an item on your character in the trade window just like in the consignment store.

*Lower the cost of Consignment store fee to 1% only, current amount is still too high that's why people don't bother listing items to save the cost on fees.

At the moment current cost of fees is close to 5% where a 500k item costs nearly 25k to list, that is still a lot of money. I would rather pay 5k to list a 500k item than 25k, so please change the fee to 1% which is more reasonable and affordable. A fee shouldn't feel like your losing out on your profits in small chunks rather than small nibbles.

*Allow the option to dye your armor different colors, so create items "Dyes" (red, blue, purple etc.) This option adds more fun to the game just like cosmetic changes to a character (Hair and face). There should be cosmetic color changes to armors as well. You can add ranks to colors as well where (ex: black, white, gold) would be considered legendary color "Dyes" which drop from high level Elite dungeons.

*Gem socketing on Weapon and Armor: create different rarity of gems that add stats to Weapon and Armor. we should be able to farm these so we can create even more potent weapons and armors for end game.

*Leveling up Legendary Items: This correlates with the Gem socketing, where we level up Legendary Items to unlock more powerful stats for end game build. This is what keeps end game alive.

*2-Handed Items for all classes:
    *Warrior = Shield (For more armor and blocking to tank better)
    *Sorcerer = Magic Orb/Codex (increased damage since they're basically glass cannons)
    *Rouge = 2-Handed Daggers/Swords (I know currently they show them holding it in both hands but players should be able to purchase 2 different types of Daggers/Swords for their rouges to add more variety and skill changes).

*Add Shoulder Armor slot (self explanatory)

*Add Mounts (self explanatory)

*Add both genders to all classes (I wish to create a Male rouge :[ )
    Last edited by NeoKing; 12-05-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

- funny emoticons
    - ability to summon a second pet
    - big, bigger and biggest luck
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Should add a exp % option on the main screen. Just like the hp and mana %. So we can see how much our exp is instead of keep checking in the menu.
    PL - (Lvl 75) Propeza E, (Lvl 69) Unkreaon W, (Lvl 61) xPropeza A, (Lvl 47) Gotdatboy R
    Okay, this to all of my enemies that seeing me gettin' guap right now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Guild hall upgrades.

Guild hall customization beyond just the upgrades - i.e. after you expand it to level 3 you can buy auction house kiosk, entrance via Outpost town, entrance via Windmoore, elixir kiosk, further discounts on pots, decorations, roaming NPCs, bulletin board, etc.

Gain XP anywhere elixirs.

Subscription that offers neat stuff and discounts on in game stuff (pots, elixirs, everything the game sells - amount of discount determined by level of subscription.)

Ability to trade characters without giving account info - I have been wanting to reduce the number of accounts I have but I don't have a way.
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

6. The Following User Says Thank You to n00b13st For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

GUILD WARS

i'd pay a dollar a game if i had to

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

The ability to solo a dungeon!

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Vanities, lots of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It would be nice if you could purchase slots to save different character builds. Maybe I want certain skills for running elite maps, but a different set of skills for when I'm farming easier mobs. I would easily pay to have different skill set ups for different situations without having to respect or start a seperate character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1. Private guild hunting grounds - a map or set of maps that you can only access from your guild.
    PL: Eisander, mage | SL: Cybrax, engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DataPunk View Post
    Guild capes and if possible with guild symbols. Let's say pvp gives honour points and the total amount of those points add up to the guild level, unlocking more cape options.
    Yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

I made a thread about it, so I'll not repeat myself much here, I just suggest a convertor of gear to vanities.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=78513

It would help with the look-alike toons that we all dread.

three words: squid buddy pet

-----
    Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.
    Last edited by Deathpunch; 12-09-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Keep the hell lvl. 15 to 16 always 15k exp. So people cant grind lvl 1 to 20 in 1 day...and u guys work so hard...they grind to top in a day. Haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I would love some more character customization features (i.e. face/hair/etc.). Either plat exclusive or otherwise. I would absolutely love to put Gustav's beard on my warrior, lol.

I think an awesome plat purchase would be some kind of permanent food item that keeps your pets fed just like auto-feed does, but without the gold drain. Everlasting milkbone! Heh.

Lots of vanity items, of course. And if it's technically pheasible, how about armor dyes? That way, if say a person gets a rare musketeer style vanity hat but is heartbroken that it's blue instead of red, he can fix it! Probably not possible, but it's an idea at least.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would be nice to have notification for auction when your item is sold also quest to earn platinum instead of having to always do free offers or buy should increase the amount of slots in auction to atleast 3 and should be able to earn free respec for reaching max lvl for people that are experimenting with stats I would also like to see instead of paying plat to revive make it so you can just use in game gold not everyone can get plat that's all thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Invisibility skill for rouges, because they're more likely an assassin? They must probably have it. And as when you hid yourself you wont be attack unless you hit anything under the buff. And also, Click here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just to say so far I am very much enjoying the game.

I would like to offer my opinion on what I would be happy to pay for and what improvements I would like to see. First of all I have played so many MMorpgs in the past and now that I am 32 have a job and work hard you can appreciate I do not get as much time as others. I play with my guild members on my mobile device as it is easy and convenient and we are all roughly the same age. Here are the conclusions I have come too after playing through Elite mode and reaching level 16.

I remember a long time ago putting many hours into game called Legend of Mir made by a company called WEmade entertainment and this is a game that had it right.

I understand your business model and I get you have to make money however being able to buy gold with platinum is just not worthwhile. You now have an economy where any player can spend 50 dollars and obtain the best end game gear in the game. I am a player that has paid for platinum but I have done this to support Spacetime studios and to also buy my guild and anything guild related. I am prepared to pay for vanity items and extra pvp maps for example. I will not however pay for end game gear as where is the fun in that?? I will not use plat to buy gold. I can farm the boss in village over and over for that!! You may want to look at that by the way as everyone is farming him and not doing the rest of the map.

If I owned your company and the rights to arcane legends this is what I would do.

Get rid of plat to buy gold as this would make gold in game much more valuable and this would stabilize the economy going forward.

You have an economy at the moment where some pink items go for 300-400 gold which is just ridiculous. Pink items are legendary for a reason they need to stay rare. At the moment I sell everything white, green and blue in my inventory as it is all worthless. Blue items are where people should make there money in the auction house and pinks should be the items people aspire to play your game for. They should aspire to kill bosses over and over again to get that pink item. otherwise make something above legendary which is orange which binds to the toon and cannot be sold. Something like a super legendary item.

I think you should make in game gear and plat bought gear. They should have roughly the same stats so the people who do not pay do not feel they will never get the best gear from playing the game. You should allow people to buy the plat gear if they do not have much time to play but want to play endgame maps.

Something I would like to see is a map where you go to PVE but can be killed PVP as this would be a scary place to go. People would end up getting into battles and would be super fun to try and kill your monster only to be killed by another group as you would go back to get revenge.

I would like to see the main towns being attacked every so often by elite monsters where the whole town has to get together to rid these beasts. These could be special random events which would keep people on their toes and the monsters may drop really cool special items.

At the moment blue and green items are worthless so instead of getting 5 gold for each can we not use these items to have a chance to add extra damage or crit chance to our items? have a vendor that does this. I would pay plat to try and get those precious extra stats on my end game wep.

Stats like +1 luck on a wep would be great and again should be rare.

Of course also add Pure PVP maps with death matches.

I would love to see arcane legends succeed but the way it is at the moment I am very worried about your current business model as this is putting me and my friends off the game. Gold needs to be something you work for so it is precious in game. Do not destroy it by allowing people to just buy hundreds of thousands of gold.

We will pay for plat but only if it is for the good of the game and not to destroy the economy.

Add mounts as I will pay for a good mount but again like pets people working hard in game should be able to get the rarest ones.

I hope you can take some of these points onboard.

Many thanks

J

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lynbell View Post
    Invisibility skill for rouges, because they're more likely an assassin? They must probably have it. And as when you hid yourself you wont be attack unless you hit anything under the buff. And also, Click here
    Nice idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My other idea for guilds is....I see guys put in stairs that lead up and down now what I believe would neat for that.. Is a upper level that officers and guild master's would be able to hold meetings an only they would be able to enter... Now the lower level would be for recruiters. and then the center hall would be for members... It would be easier for each class of the guild to be able whole private meetings.. Instead of speaking in officer chat or private chat the whole time..if u like the idea dont forget to say hi to ur man funkyskunk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ortiz View Post
    Pink items are legendary for a reason they need to stay rare.
    J
    I sort of agree with this statement, just in a different way. You're saying they should be rare as in they don't drop much and that players should kill bosses over and over again to get the drop. I don't know about you, but I get bored killing the same boss over and over again praying and hoping for a drop where some player may get luck and win on first kill. A way to solve that issue would be to have a roll system although that's not brilliant either.

I think that legendary gear should be that, legendary. This gear isn't obtained by luck or doing the same thing over and over. It should be guaranteed by killing bosses. In the current game set-up this wouldn't work (thus why I mentioned the roll system above) so a dedicated healing class being created.

My other idea for premium is to remove platinum cost of creating second character but have the option to pay for it to skip to the previous level cap (so in the next expansion, people could pay to have a character already levelled to 16 or make one for free starting at 1).

As much as I love the game, it does really need some changes, and fast.