Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best PvP class?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Finally, doubt potions are allowed in PvP, making sorcs the only class with a huge mana pool and mana restore heal. Sorcs can certainly tank 6 aimed shots while waiting for rogues to OOM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shayen View Post
    how to do PVP here on AL? is ther a room?? i dont see any pvp invitation when i choose a character
    There is no PvP yet. It's coming soon.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

i would say warrior cause they have tons of hp and lots of damage. also they have that big leap thing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

ok, i made a rogue today so i now have 3class. from what i can see all class has a chance to own other class.

War - High HP pool, Armor, Beast MP/HP regens, Etc
    Rogue - Crits, dodge, DPS, DoTs, etc
    Mage - DMG, Stuns, DPS, DoTs, etc

It will all go down to the player.
    "what would you do if you're Rich, got gears and vanities but sucks in pvp" - Gison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iRusher View Post
    I found a good Mage combo that I'm 90% sure will work in pvp

Clock-ice-lightning-fire
    NUKED SON!
    glad you finally discovered that, its useful but honestly i mow mobs with my rogue, my crit on aimed has hit 1200.....dart in spike a trap run out drop bomb and start aiming....plus my crit can reach 60+% crit
    ARCANE LEGENDS
    Grimreaper- RETIRED, Thegrimreaper-RETIRED, Stealyoursoul-RETIRED, Grimstwink-RETIRED
    RETIRED FOR GOOD!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thegrimreaper View Post
    glad you finally discovered that, its useful but honestly i mow mobs with my rogue, my crit on aimed has hit 1200.....dart in spike a trap run out drop bomb and start aiming....plus my crit can reach 60+% crit
    To all dear rogues quoting Aimed Shot numbers, and before more of those posts come, here is some advice to jumpstart you on your PvP plan.

TLDR: Aimed Shot 1xxx isn't going to happen in PvP unless you're battling a seven year old.

How to plan a PvP fight works out doesn't involve recounting your max numbers on your stat sheet and boss runs. You have to know what other classes will do to counter that. Your PvE numbers are based on a full dex rogue with no Str items. Try tanking Jarl with that and get an idea of a 1v1 PvP fight-- the damage is just going to mow you down and potions are the only thing that keep you up.

Warriors are going to stack so much health and armor (security items) that you will be fighting to knock down their HP as they pop damage reduction cooldowns and chip away at your health, while they regen mana and HP through pet/passives. I don't think you figured on being axe-grabbed then knocked back with chest splitter and then taking a skyward smash stun.

Mages are going to be combining heavy RANGED CC with damage reduction (AND security items) and their mana restore heal, to try and outlast you while you try to maintain aimed shot crit% stacks and noxious bolt stacks on a mage that's constantly out of range of your charged AS. Have a fun time.

What's YOUR counter? Your 1200 aimed crits are on a stationary target who's happily eating your Noxious + Smoke Bomb + Aimed Shot, allowing you to rack it up.

I bet your 1200 aimed shot build doesn't include Shadow Piercer which is probably designed to be the most important spell in the rogue PvP toolkit.

Rework your thinking-- PvP in any MMO has never been about straight up burst damage because players can move around, choose when to pop cooldowns and design counters. Maybe in the first few days it'll work-- at the mid and top tiers, this naive strat just won't cut it.
    Last edited by primaeva; 12-03-2012 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Added a TLDR because no one reads this stuff.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to primaeva For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

P.S. No one's advertised warrior much-- but I really think they've got something going if Chest Splitter is allowed to interrupt charged skills-- shutting down a lot of options (especially for rogues).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I dont think pets should be allowed in pvp because its kind of unfair I only have guapo for a pet and he just has movement speed and no 20+ attack or 90+ defense like loki and malison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by YouAndMeAreGonnaBeFriends View Post
    I dont think pets should be allowed in pvp because its kind of unfair I only have guapo for a pet and he just has movement speed and no 20+ attack or 90+ defense like loki and malison
    Well I think you should buy a better pet then with gold or plat idc. Just spend some plat if you really care!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I would but can't and gold is kind of hard to get to buy the eggs. And I don't really have a way to get platinum if i had money because I dont have a credit card. I think pets should be for pve only

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

I would but can't and gold is kind of hard to get to buy the eggs. And I don't really have a way to get platinum if i had money because I dont have a credit card. I think pets should be for pve only
    Well, man gold is hard to get and I am slowly acquiring it and purchasing pets.
    I have 22 so far and have only used plat for the exclusive ones!
    Last edited by Vystirch; 12-03-2012 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Added sentance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Name:  southparkmeme.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  118.8 KB

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ProSophist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Is it also unfair if you only have a chest piece that grants 2 strength but your opponent has a chest pie e that grants +20 attack or 90+ defense?
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Montanabro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Everything but elixirs and potions sounds fine by me.

Potions could be capped at a few per battle, lending them some strategic use and making up for some class shortfalls (rogue mana, etc).

Elixirs have effects that are too significant to ignore. There could be a separate ladder for "Enhanced PvP" but that'd be cheese imo.

Bring whatever gear or pet you want, though. Those are achievable by everyone in the long run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Pets are another piece if equipment that needs to be acquired like armors helms or weapons. Nothing unfair about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah, people that spend less time in game, and have less gold because of that, should be on the same equal footing as people that put in more time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Butut mage got gale movespeed