Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Time has come, Need to re-balance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Default Time has come, Need to re-balance

Time has come to update specific algorithm/mechanics/equations that impacts pvp as well as pve. I think STS using same mechanism as it was when game was first released, back than as well as low to mid level stats mechanism (dodge, crit etc.) is/was perfectly balanced but as the game approaches to end game continusly it got imbalanced in few aspects :-

The hit % got saturated ages ago, the consequence is str players are dodging way much against everyone mid to endgame and birds are failing to do what they suppose/meant to do as a pure bird should deliver the highest damage than any other class overall, including the part where they should get less dodged due to their superb high hit percentage, for example a str Bear should dodge less against a player whose hit percentage is pretty much high, say a pure dex bird or a mage( pure mages hit % is also more than 100 at these levels) who thinks a bear is dodging high, so she could distribute her extra point to dex, so that a str could dodge less against her. The pattern should be like this, bear dodge against bear, then bear dodge less against mages and bear dodge more less against birds. to be specific, it's not about bear, bird or mages it's all about dodge and hit % But all these things have no value since hit % got capped already. This is the basic reason why dodge has overtaken everything mid to endgame, dodge is not capped yet, so dodgers are getting benefited, but the dodge killer got saturated. As dodge is also approaches to its cap, if Devs decide that they wont add more dodge on upcoming sets, which is not expected then obviously in near future they must have to balance this things if they decide not to do it now otherwise imagine the situation when a bear will dodge 10 hits out of 10 which will be pointless.
    Lastly it's may looks like bird oriented but its not, It would greatly impact each and every class and specially solve most of the endgame imbalance issues.

Similarly crit for mages got saturated, so their extra crit >100 is total fake, cause they already critting nearly 10 hits out of 10, if not get dodged. But the thing is that it's not so much important as hit % capping.

-thanks for reading, sorry for bad english.

Summary

I'm not talking about any additional advantage or demanding something that should be implemented in pvp rather I'm saying more like what STS forgetting/ignoring to do something, that they must have to do as level cap approaches. Nearly everyone would agree with this point that dodge has ruined the endgame pvp, I'm not saying anything different from it, rather I just pointed out the reason that why dodge got overpowered, and the reason is, dodge got overpowered cause 'dodge killer (hit %)' got saturated/capped/stucked at 100 so as new level caps comes dodge get increased as dodge killer also increased but without it's own effect, the work of killing dodges, simply the consequence is dodge is getting op and op-er as level cap approaches so sts must have to do something sooner or latter. That's all.
    Last edited by Waug; 12-04-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: To clarify, its not about any particular class, its about everyone.