Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Time has come, Need to re-balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Default Time has come, Need to re-balance

Time has come to update specific algorithm/mechanics/equations that impacts pvp as well as pve. I think STS using same mechanism as it was when game was first released, back than as well as low to mid level stats mechanism (dodge, crit etc.) is/was perfectly balanced but as the game approaches to end game continusly it got imbalanced in few aspects :-

The hit % got saturated ages ago, the consequence is str players are dodging way much against everyone mid to endgame and birds are failing to do what they suppose/meant to do as a pure bird should deliver the highest damage than any other class overall, including the part where they should get less dodged due to their superb high hit percentage, for example a str Bear should dodge less against a player whose hit percentage is pretty much high, say a pure dex bird or a mage( pure mages hit % is also more than 100 at these levels) who thinks a bear is dodging high, so she could distribute her extra point to dex, so that a str could dodge less against her. The pattern should be like this, bear dodge against bear, then bear dodge less against mages and bear dodge more less against birds. to be specific, it's not about bear, bird or mages it's all about dodge and hit % But all these things have no value since hit % got capped already. This is the basic reason why dodge has overtaken everything mid to endgame, dodge is not capped yet, so dodgers are getting benefited, but the dodge killer got saturated. As dodge is also approaches to its cap, if Devs decide that they wont add more dodge on upcoming sets, which is not expected then obviously in near future they must have to balance this things if they decide not to do it now otherwise imagine the situation when a bear will dodge 10 hits out of 10 which will be pointless.
    Lastly it's may looks like bird oriented but its not, It would greatly impact each and every class and specially solve most of the endgame imbalance issues.

Similarly crit for mages got saturated, so their extra crit >100 is total fake, cause they already critting nearly 10 hits out of 10, if not get dodged. But the thing is that it's not so much important as hit % capping.

-thanks for reading, sorry for bad english.

Summary

I'm not talking about any additional advantage or demanding something that should be implemented in pvp rather I'm saying more like what STS forgetting/ignoring to do something, that they must have to do as level cap approaches. Nearly everyone would agree with this point that dodge has ruined the endgame pvp, I'm not saying anything different from it, rather I just pointed out the reason that why dodge got overpowered, and the reason is, dodge got overpowered cause 'dodge killer (hit %)' got saturated/capped/stucked at 100 so as new level caps comes dodge get increased as dodge killer also increased but without it's own effect, the work of killing dodges, simply the consequence is dodge is getting op and op-er as level cap approaches so sts must have to do something sooner or latter. That's all.
    Last edited by Waug; 12-04-2012 at 11:29 PM. Reason: To clarify, its not about any particular class, its about everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Everyone keeps talking about the high dodge that bears have, but I don't see it. When I'm fully buffed I got 77% dodge. Sounds like a lot, but in PVP I get hit constantly while I'm fully buffed. Seems like most hits are still hitting me, I just tend to survive because I got close to 900 health and good armor (around 315). So it takes around 3-4 hits from a mage to kill me. But the dodge is obviously getting offset by some buff or debuff that they got. Same with birds too, they hit me most of the time when I'm buffed. I thought it was because of the high hit%. I figured if someone got 150% hit, and someone else got 50% dodge, then do the math and they hit 75%. But your'e saying that anything over 100% is useless. I can't imagine it works that way. I got 101% hit and I miss constantly, which is probably my greatest weakness in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Actually if you notice dmg/crit the rolls have reversed
    At 55 the enchanted staff set provided more dmg than custom recurve set which focused on crit more than dmg
    Imo current sets have too many attributes and sts should try to keep weaknesses
    For example a str set really shouldnt have more than 8 m/s and really should get a crit and dodge boost 1 or other
    Int should be more dmg focuses and not have any crit perks since they already have the highest crit buff
    Dex is actually very well suited this cap although people complain about the lack of dodge i really dont think it would be necesaryy especially if the needed armour buff was added to all classes/sets
    Also obv the scythe is kinda ridiculous
    Definately could use a reduction with almost as much power as a bow

Also as i was saying about the staff int set
    Now dex have become the highest dmg because really in pvp it is the only set that can be played with 2h weapons very well

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I got 101% hit and I miss constantly
    cuz of hit debuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Time has come, Need to re-balance

I figured since bows have a clear disadvantage in PvP and talons are the better option. I figure lets help the bow out!!! My idea is to keep the all the stats the same but increase the bows range to 12m (skill range) and farther out! I mean it would make the bow a more pleasing option and maybe calm a few of the birds (including me) that just hate how amazingly powerful that str set is... By giving the bow birds a better chance to compete with the amazing talons.

My 2 cents about birds and dex.
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Everyone keeps talking about the high dodge that bears have, but I don't see it. When I'm fully buffed I got 77% dodge. Sounds like a lot, but in PVP I get hit constantly while I'm fully buffed. Seems like most hits are still hitting me, I just tend to survive because I got close to 900 health and good armor (around 315). So it takes around 3-4 hits from a mage to kill me. But the dodge is obviously getting offset by some buff or debuff that they got. Same with birds too, they hit me most of the time when I'm buffed. I thought it was because of the high hit%. I figured if someone got 150% hit, and someone else got 50% dodge, then do the math and they hit 75%. But your'e saying that anything over 100% is useless. I can't imagine it works that way. I got 101% hit and I miss constantly, which is probably my greatest weakness in pvp.
    I tested this and found that birds hit the same as mages. As long as the hit percent is above 100 it makes no difference. Bears dodge is insanely high. Crit is insanely high for all classes. Time for a serious rebalance in this game. As well as a nerf to str sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I don't feel like sts cares about the PvP side as much as PvE. PvP doesn't bring in near the revenue that PvE does.
    It sucks to say, I'd be very suprised if this was even a though put through the head. If anyone, Techno.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornBird:876960
    I don't feel like sts cares about the PvP side as much as PvE. PvP doesn't bring in near the revenue that PvE does.
    It sucks to say, I'd be very suprised if this was even a though put through the head. If anyone, Techno.
    Cuz they dont make any new stuff that costs for pvp
    The main reason people cap/play pve is for pvp tho

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Boycott plat till there's a change. Actually just boycott pl all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Shud maek staff maeg moar pleybul

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Yeah, in pve it's not that much prominent as mobs and bosses tends to have more hp and armor rather dodges.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I thino most mobs in bsm have around 20 dodge
    The wierd mage thing seem to have a bit more maybe 30

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enigeax View Post
    Boycott plat till there's a change. Actually just boycott pl all together.
    Yah I already quit buying plat sts is obviously focusing more on money than making the game better you can claim its the costs of running the game or whatever but we know your making more money than you should you started out appearing to be a great company from my understanding but that was just to get started and now that you've got a decent following your raising costs of everything and releasing updates that make bank instead of ones that fix the game off the top of my head I can think of atleast 10 easy fixes and additions you need but have neglected to follow through on but this post is already to log and probably won't be read anyway so I'm not gonna waste time listing them

You might be making a lot of money now but once you destroy your customer base there's no fixing it, think in terms of the long run and fix your game...... Wow didn't get where it is pulling this crap neither will you
    <a href=http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg target=_blank>http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg</a>
    AL Ign: Diseased, Vilified, and Monumental
    PL Ign: MassAtrocity, MassInferno, and MassInsanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mass atrocity View Post
    this post is already to log and probably won't be read anyway
    they read or not, they must have to fix this sooner or latter, I just pointed out the biggest culprit behind mid to endgame pvp imbalance.
    Last edited by Waug; 12-03-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I have found the key to survival on my swift bow bird is to respect to strength. The set/gear has so much damage/crit/hit/dex that it is over saturated so I capped my dex at 157 ( gear) and put the rest into strength. This gives me a 'self bonus' of 3 dodge, 2 h/s, 110 health and 5 armor. Not a lot, but it has a much better feel to it in PVE.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    The hit % got saturated ages ago, the consequence is str players are dodging way much against everyone mid to endgame and birds are failing to do what they suppose/meant to do as a pure bird should deliver the highest damage than any other class overall, including the part where they should get less dodged due to their superb high hit percentage
    You got a lot of things wrong in this single sentence...

First of all, hit% is not above 100 for every class in mid to endgame. Many Strbears and Pallies are well below. Other Str- or Intbuilds are just above 100 and it's stll important when birds and mages can debuff 35 and bears 60+ hit%. The only class that is really saturated are pure birds (with 160+%).
    And what are you even referring to by "mid to endgame"?? up to lv65 classes are pretty balanced IMO (I have multiple toons of diffrent classes for every twinking bracket from lv50 upwards). So I'm gonna talk about 65+ mainly.
    Also, how are the dodges a consequence of having hit% above 100?? The dodging is a consequence of the ridiculously high dodge itself.
    And pure birds with a bow still have the highest damage output of any class at almost any level. They also have roots debuffing 70(!!!) dodge altogether so they tend to get dodged less if they have a good combo.
    The only place where hit has actually become somewhat of a problem is on int mages (140+ I think) who can still kill birds and other mages with a fire+auto(or any dmg skill) even after being debuffed. For str it's just above 100% which is the way it should be IMO.

I hope I don't come off too rude but I think you are missing the real problem of high lvl PvP, which is the high dodge and damage.

Either damage and crit(on int and str sets mainly) needs to be reduced drastically, or we need more hp/armor for EVERY class. Or something in between.
    Independently the dodge on str sets has to be lowered. 45 base dodge is too much, around 30 would be okay. Mages shouldn't rely on dodge need dodge anyways with their heal and shield, I'm glad it has been lowered this cap (should be around 10. if even). Birds dodge slightly too much and shouldn't get above 50 buffed IMO.
    Dodge is a completely luck based stat and in combination with the uber high dmg in endgame PvP actual skill becomes less and less important. Very frustrating to see as a once committed Dexbird player.

So I agree 100% with the title; PvP needs a major revamp!
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mass atrocity View Post
    Yah I already quit buying plat sts is obviously focusing more on money than making the game better you can claim its the costs of running the game or whatever but we know your making more money than you should you started out appearing to be a great company from my understanding but that was just to get started and now that you've got a decent following your raising costs of everything and releasing updates that make bank instead of ones that fix the game off the top of my head I can think of atleast 10 easy fixes and additions you need but have neglected to follow through on but this post is already to log and probably won't be read anyway so I'm not gonna waste time listing them

You might be making a lot of money now but once you destroy your customer base there's no fixing it, think in terms of the long run and fix your game...... Wow didn't get where it is pulling this crap neither will you
    How do you know they are making more money than they should? Maybe for the first 2 years they lost money every month. That is how it is with most startups. They lose money at the beginning and only survive because they had the initial investment. But after a couple of years they must become profitable or they won't survive. Unless you've seen their financial books, you don't know this.

Yes, lots of companies start by charging low prices for their services, and then raise the price later one. Usually it's because they must do so in order to become profitable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornBird View Post

I have to disagree about plat usage for pvp players.

Many pvpers are the first to cap and first with sets then first with crafted sets. All of that takes plat!! Plat to grind. Plat to farm plat then farm again and craft. Many aren't just using thrashers to farm either, but trashers with 100% reroll.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

They are working on AL Pvp I think. Once they are done with that, they probably will do something with PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WarTornBird View Post
    No offense but I don't think you quite know what you're talking about. Studies have shown that the gamers that spend the most and do the most to support the game are the active pvpers.

I suppose it's true that because there are so many more pve players than pvp, it's possible that the overall revenue generated from Pve could surpass that of pvp. However, sts' goal should not be to ignore pvp. Their goal will be to convert as many pve players to pvp players as they can. That way, according to the statistics, they will be making even more money.

Personally, I think sts is waiting to see if PL will stay popular as they release new titles. If it doesn't, then there is no need for them to waste time and money improving a game. If it does, and they still see good chance to make good money, then I am 100% positive that PL pvp WILL get balanced again.

I'm not so sure, though, that PL is popular enough to mess with.