Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Lifethief weapon bugged? Comparion between lifethief and heartseeker

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

In looking into this with our Design Team, you're kind of comparing apples to oranges on this one.

You're comparing a weapon that does bonus Damage to a weapon that has 3 stat modifiers instead. Granted the bonus damage of weapons might be something that could use some further balance. However, some weapons are just going to be better than others.
    Maybe, but both weapons in statistics gave u some damage. The heartseekers which gave me higher damage (on statistics) and also +dexterity (which in rogue mean more damage), made lower damage then weapon with lower damage and with lower dexterity. I agree that some weapons are just simply better. But in this case, better statistic weapon doesnt mean higher damage (even if its in statistic higher damage). in weapon statistic, heartseekers gave me +10% Bonus damage but normal damage the have 77.9. So again, how its possible that weapon with lower damage (not bonus) in this case lifethieves when u fighting gave me higher damage then heartseekers? I just dont understand. With equipped heartseekers my statistics normal damage is 188.5 . But on field, its around 50-100. With lifethieves is higher than 200. I dont think that we mixing apples and oranges, because we talking about "damage statistics" not bonus damage. Or i just wrong understand that. Higher dexterity, higher value damage but lower damage when fighting. Just didnt get it. Or you just trying to tell me that 70.9 damage and +21 dexterity which heartseekers gave me on statistics = 50-100 damage on field? So what with mine 188.5 damage and 208% Bonus damage. Where are they in battle??? And with lifethiefs, all smaller statistic values on dexterity and smaller damage, in battle actually i doing higher damage 200-300. I just dont get the maths then.

Cheers
    Last edited by wsalew; 12-12-2012 at 12:07 PM.