Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: over pricing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default over pricing

I have been trying to find the juggernaught set at a removable price 400k+ for some one who does not buy platinum is ridiculas and don't say farming elites for loot because the chances of getting a decent pink drop are minimal so why are people so greedy in auction house

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

just ignore those overpriced gears.
    buy the cheap but still decent ones.

-ogresould helm
    -Ironbound armor
    -purple rings and amu(which only has minus -2 to -4 boost from pinks) and free coz they drop often.

or try cleaver/agile jagernuats they still have good armor boost.
    Last edited by Cero; 12-03-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Prices are what they are until someone decides not to pay the prices. If people will buy it, people will sell it for that much. Very simple. Just work hard and you can save up the gold. I remember in PL when I saved up for my first decent set, a fortified gemstone set, it cost around 1m at the time, and I had less than 100k. I just grinded for about a month and kept saving.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:878673
    Prices are what they are until someone decides not to pay the prices. If people will buy it, people will sell it for that much. Very simple. Just work hard and you can save up the gold. I remember in PL when I saved up for my first decent set, a fortified gemstone set, it cost around 1m at the time, and I had less than 100k. I just grinded for about a month and kept saving.
    Oh yeaaaa i remember i asked if u were sellin but u said later or something n ur bear face was the cracked one rite, unique!

Memory lane ahhhh
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

^Economics. Things aren't 'overpriced' since its a fairly competitive economy. The 'high prices' you see are because people have snapped up deals that are any cheaper and ignored prices higher than this equilibrium. Over time supply and demand shift these prices.

And no-- the chances of getting a pink aren't really THAT minimal. If you grind hard for a couple of hours you're going to land maybe 10 chests at leasts-- and a pink is going to be in there somewhere. I have the feeling you haven't really gone beyond five chests, or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Oh yeaaaa i remember i asked if u were sellin but u said later or something n ur bear face was the cracked one rite, unique!

Memory lane ahhhh
    Everyone kept asking if I would sell it. LOL

It was actually long after the sewers was the cap, I didn't start playing until the fang cap, but fortified sets were still pretty rare on the market at that point as there were tons of players at the 55/56 levels. Now they have mostly moved on and those sets have dropped way down in value.

I think back then I had the grey & black bear face (forgot what it is called), but when humania came out I changed to the rocky face bear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

lol hw u got 400k? i hav hardly 60k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ragnok View Post
    I have been trying to find the juggernaught set at a removable price 400k+ for some one who does not buy platinum is ridiculas and don't say farming elites for loot because the chances of getting a decent pink drop are minimal so why are people so greedy in auction house
    another broke noob that want the best gear for free. smh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilweezy View Post
    another broke noob that want the best gear for free. smh.
    no need to be mean

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ragnok View Post
    Tbh, you answered your own question. Chances of getting an Elite pink are low. However, many people want them. As a result, demand is high while supply is low, resulting in high prices. I'd suggest you not to get your elite set now, since the cap will be increased to 21 within two weeks. If you still insist on getting it, get it after the cap hits. They would be much cheaper by then, unless they get discontinued.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually I do farm elites I do about 50 runs a day I got 1 pink and it was for a rouge no matter the number of runs or chests I have 1 pink and was not even useful pink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by primaeva View Post
    ^Economics. Things aren't 'overpriced' since its a fairly competitive economy. The 'high prices' you see are because people have snapped up deals that are any cheaper and ignored prices higher than this equilibrium. Over time supply and demand shift these prices.

And no-- the chances of getting a pink aren't really THAT minimal. If you grind hard for a couple of hours you're going to land maybe 10 chests at leasts-- and a pink is going to be in there somewhere. I have the feeling you haven't really gone beyond five chests, or something.
    lol what? Maybe if you get 10 gold chest you'll get a pink. I just went through 20 copper, 10 silver, and 1 gold. And the copper was mainly all greens with couple purples. And silver and gold had no pinks. In over 100+ chests I've opened I've only ever received one pink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Is there even a chance to get a pink in a copper chest? I've seen no description written anywhere in the game of what comes out of these chests. Since I haven't seen any pinks I'm assuming that there is no chance to get pinks from the copper or silver chests, and maybe a small chance of getting one from the gold chests. Anyone know what is supposed to come from these chests?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Is there even a chance to get a pink in a copper chest? I've seen no description written anywhere in the game of what comes out of these chests. Since I haven't seen any pinks I'm assuming that there is no chance to get pinks from the copper or silver chests, and maybe a small chance of getting one from the gold chests. Anyone know what is supposed to come from these chests?
    Yes, I've gotten pinks from copper chests.

-----
    Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch:879764
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yes, I've gotten crap pinks from copper chests.

-----
    fixed
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

fixed
    Lol, pink is pink, whether a turd or not.

-----

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch:879826
    fixed
    Lol, pink is pink, whether a turd or not.

-----
    ahahaahhahaahahaha i gotten 3 lindering death of forces, copper chests worth more
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airikay View Post
    lol what? Maybe if you get 10 gold chest you'll get a pink. I just went through 20 copper, 10 silver, and 1 gold. And the copper was mainly all greens with couple purples. And silver and gold had no pinks. In over 100+ chests I've opened I've only ever received one pink.
    Jeez. That's mighty bad luck and the other end of the spectrum. I've gotten some insane runs before (3 chests 4 pinks), and some dry spells (12 chests zero), but if it is as you say-- hundred with one... Well. Keep at it, your luck might turn around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by primaeva View Post
    Jeez. That's mighty bad luck and the other end of the spectrum. I've gotten some insane runs before (3 chests 4 pinks), and some dry spells (12 chests zero), but if it is as you say-- hundred with one... Well. Keep at it, your luck might turn around.
    Yea. I guess. so. I even started saving up chest so I have 20-30 at once. I've only ever got 4 elite gold chests also. It's sad. Whenever I run hauntlet regular gold chests seem to always drop for me. My luck for regular chests is way better than elite chests. If only I could change that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Do the premium pinks drop like regular drops from bosses, or you only get them from opening chests? Or does each item have both the possibility of dropping on its own or from a chest?