Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Please add something challenging to PL

Ok, so I was reading another thread and someone posted this:

Gold isn't very easily made by people who don't buy plat regularly. They don't have the option to farm Underworld over and over again. I feel a long quest for the diamond should be implemented. People who don't spend buckets of money on the game would still have a chance to earn crafted gear. To those of you who think the quest shouldn't be added, I want to know why.
    So I was writing a response to this post, and decided I wanted to add a new thread about my thoughts on this.....

I really don't care if they add a Red Diamond quest, but I want there to be something in this game that cost many millions of gold and stays that way without folks complaining that something should be done to make it cheaper or more common. Every time they add something that is very rare and hard to get, people post complaining about it, and then STS makes some changes to make it more common and easier to get, and then the price falls.

Here is where I'm at.... I'm a merch and I made most of my money buying and selling items in the CS. I buy plat on occasion, but I'm not a heavy plat spender. I've got a net worth of gear and gold nearing 100m. I want something that will keep me interested in playing PL, because right now I've grown incredibly bored with it. Other than leveling up when they add a new cap, there is no reason for me to farm the dungeons anymore. Everything is so cheap I can just buy a new set if I want it. I even got all the dragon sets now as even they have become somewhat cheap (didn't a dragon set used to cost 20-40m?).

Then a couple of months ago STS added the ichor quest for the elite weapons. Well, that was obviously a bit boring as it was the same thing over and over, not to mention that the reward was an item that was not tradeable. I'd prefer something a little less repetitive with a reward that's tradeable and therefore, has an actual value. BUT....at least it was a challenge!! And even then lots of folks were complaining that it was too hard to do.

Well, I got news for you....Things that are very difficult by definition mean that most people will not be able to do them. If everyone can do it, then it is "easy", not "difficult".

I want STS to add something in this game that will take hard work and lots of time for me to achieve. Instead, they made this "4 day to 76" thing which I did, and now there's nothing for me to do. I can't level anymore because I'm already max level. There is no rare gear for me to buy as I got it all already. I know some players like Hunz just like to collect discontinued items. Sorry, but that is boring to me. I just want them to add some sort of difficult quest or rare gear or something that will take me lots of hard work to either get or achieve.

Apparently "rare" is not understood by most PL players. "Rare" means that most players do not have one and cannot have one. It means there is only a few to go around, so prices will be such that only a very tiny percentage of players can afford. And likely that means that even I won't be able to afford it. But at least I can set a goal and work towards it. Right now I'm just plain bored and spending most of my time in AL, except for about 15 minutes per day where I sign on to check the CS and do a little buying and selling.

OK, END RANT! Any comments?
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-07-2012 at 12:02 AM.