Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Thank you sts!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Thank you sts!

I would like to thank sts for the new update! It stops people from luring to halfway or to boss then start the timer, thats how people got kraag 2 in 7 seconds to get on LB. This would help others (like me) get a chance to get on LB.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

.. I always wondered how it was possible to do any of that tomb stuff in only some seconds.. o-o
    T)(is is sooooo -------EXCITING!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

True, but now it is impossible to beat Records on Leader Boards since they been there when we could do it in few seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    True, but now it is impossible to beat Records on Leader Boards since they been there when we could do it in few seconds.
    They are resetting it when the new update comes next week or the week after.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Yes, but it will then be Season 2. So, for the Season 1, we can't beat these records which is a bit unfair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat:883247
    Yes, but it will then be Season 2. So, for the Season 1, we can't beat these records which is a bit unfair.
    ikr...but i guess these guys wont have a chance in season 2 lol...and atleast we wont have these ridiculous times in s2
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    ikr...but i guess these guys wont have a chance in season 2 lol...and atleast we wont have these ridiculous times in s2
    Won't have a chance in season two eh? Thank you for your uninformed opinion. We worked hard in the
    constraints of the rules to get those times. Anyone else had the same opportunity. We spent several
    hours with 4 guys, all with the top gear, repeating runs multiple times, discussing our strategy after
    each run. We probably would have beaten the top scores no matter how the timer worked because
    we were dedicated to do so. Please do not no disrespect people who worked hard to get these records.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Won't have a chance in season two eh? Thank you for your uninformed opinion. We worked hard in the
    constraints of the rules to get those times. Anyone else had the same opportunity. We spent several
    hours with 4 guys, all with the top gear, repeating runs multiple times, discussing our strategy after
    each run. We probably would have beaten the top scores no matter how the timer worked because
    we were dedicated to do so. Please do not no disrespect people who worked hard to get these records.
    I agree. I don't think there was cheating involved. Everyone followed the same rules, and there was no secret to how it worked. So it wasn't any exploit. I think the developers feel the same way and have said as much.

BUT, it also wasn't intended to be that way. Hence the change.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Calm down there . Tell it more nicely and i'm sure he'll understand .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy:883377
    Im not disrespectin anybody. But 7 secs? The devs didnt plan on making timed dungeons if they were gonna get invaded by people who try those kinds of methods, take a guess why devs nerfed the timer.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Im not disrespectin anybody. But 7 secs? The devs didnt plan on making timed dungeons if they were gonna get invaded by people who try those kinds of methods, take a guess why devs nerfed the timer.
    Exactly .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Someone's mad because their time got beat, methinks, and due to the adjustment, they don't have a chance to reclaim the top spot. Maybe next time.

-----
    Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    Someone's mad because their time got beat, methinks, and due to the adjustment, they don't have a chance to reclaim the top spot. Maybe next time.

-----
    I agree with that, even if StS should have reset the records made before the patch!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

no worries anyhow we be on top of season 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 etc etc should of beat um while u had the chance quit crying
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mafiainc42 View Post
    no worries anyhow we be on top of season 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 etc etc should of beat um while u had the chance quit crying
    No one was crying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I agree. I don't think there was cheating involved. Everyone followed the same rules, and there was no secret to how it worked. So it wasn't any exploit. I think the developers feel the same way and have said as much.

BUT, it also wasn't intended to be that way. Hence the change.
    I agree with this sentiment. Technically, it sounds like the players involved did not cheat. They used the assets available to them in a completely legitimate way, they didn't take advantage of code issues, clipping, any number of other technical gaffs or oversights. So the records should stand.

BUT...that said, they clearly defeated the purpose that the developers had when they created a timed dungeon. I can't know, of course, but if you ask the players of pretty much any RPG including this one, 'Was the purpose of the developers in (fill in the blank) part of the game for all (or virtually all) of the obstacles and enemies to be ignored and/or sidestepped?', I believe we all know what the vast majority of gamers would say. So while they didn't cheat -technically- yeah, they absolutely took unfair advantage of a design oversight, which is why STS will be fixing the oversight going forward. (I say 'unfair' because while the flaw could have been recognized by everyone, it appears that very few players actually did recognize and use it. 'Fair' would have applied if they made everyone aware of how they were defeating the timed aspect by posting it on the forums, telling lots of people about it, etc., so that everyone was playing on the proverbial "level playing field", and they would have faced legitimate competition for the top leaderboard spots. They chose not to do that, and so I think that choice can legitimately be called not just an advantage, but an unfair advantage.)

Were they "wrong" for doing so? That's a moral question, and so I think has to be decided individually by each of us. But punishing them for recognizing a design flaw and using it to their advantage? Can't go along with that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

If they really want to level the playing field:

1. Put up an enemy counter on timed runs.

2. Clock starts when the first enemy is attacked or killed.

3. Require ALL enemies on the map, from the boss on down to the lowliest of cannon fodder, to be killed before the clock will stop.

4. Have the finish line at the door or have the clock stop when the last enemy is killed.

Hope you didn't miss some lil mob dude at the start.

-----

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenician1 View Post
    I agree with this sentiment. Technically, it sounds like the players involved did not cheat. They used the assets available to them in a completely legitimate way, they didn't take advantage of code issues, clipping, any number of other technical gaffs or oversights. So the records should stand.

BUT...that said, they clearly defeated the purpose that the developers had when they created a timed dungeon. I can't know, of course, but if you ask the players of pretty much any RPG including this one, 'Was the purpose of the developers in (fill in the blank) part of the game for all (or virtually all) of the obstacles and enemies to be ignored and/or sidestepped?', I believe we all know what the vast majority of gamers would say. So while they didn't cheat -technically- yeah, they absolutely took unfair advantage of a design oversight, which is why STS will be fixing the oversight going forward. (I say 'unfair' because while the flaw could have been recognized by everyone, it appears that very few players actually did recognize and use it. 'Fair' would have applied if they made everyone aware of how they were defeating the timed aspect by posting it on the forums, telling lots of people about it, etc., so that everyone was playing on the proverbial "level playing field", and they would have faced legitimate competition for the top leaderboard spots. They chose not to do that, and so I think that choice can legitimately be called not just an advantage, but an unfair advantage.)

Were they "wrong" for doing so? That's a moral question, and so I think has to be decided individually by each of us. But punishing them for recognizing a design flaw and using it to their advantage? Can't go along with that.
    You seriously think if a group of people realize timer doesnt start till a mob is killed or there groups setup skills used strats need to be posted? I loled at that just sounds like somone mad cause they didnt catch it or figure it out. Sorry but people on the lb did all there times fair they took the time for elixir spent the plat. Dont be mad cause you didnt spend the time to get it were you wanted. a moral question? Now your makin it bigger then needed its a game the dungeons were like this for a long time. Nothin moral about it just strats used. So when people are on lb in season two is it wrong they dont share then cause you didnt spend the time/plat? Nope. I take pride in the times as im sure others on lb do we figured out how to get best times with current setups/gear.

Bashem 16 war
    Fables 16 rogue
    Graveyard 16 mage

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Bashem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bashem View Post
    You seriously think if a group of people realize timer doesnt start till a mob is killed or there groups setup skills used strats need to be posted? I loled at that just sounds like somone mad cause they didnt catch it or figure it out. Sorry but people on the lb did all there times fair they took the time for elixir spent the plat. Dont be mad cause you didnt spend the time to get it were you wanted. a moral question? Now your makin it bigger then needed its a game the dungeons were like this for a long time. Nothin moral about it just strats used. So when people are on lb in season two is it wrong they dont share then cause you didnt spend the time/plat? Nope. I take pride in the times as im sure others on lb do we figured out how to get best times with current setups/gear.
    Don't get angry, their just stating their opinions .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Do you people want me to buy u lvl21 elite gear as well so u can be on level playing ground.. gtfoh.
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"