Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You priced it "what?!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

No need to buy the top-tier pinks right now. You honestly don't even need pinks at all at this level of the game, but there are some that are pretty cheap.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

The problem sometimes corrects itself. If things are truly overpriced no one buys, prices drop, or merchers loose money putting stuff in auction.
    If anyone will pay around a certain price then that's where it will be priced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    The problem sometimes corrects itself. If things are truly overpriced no one buys, prices drop, or merchers loose money putting stuff in auction.
    If anyone will pay around a certain price then that's where it will be priced.
    Yes, but this has not happened. I can't comment on rogue or warrior weapons, but the mage weapon of choice is the Clever Flamestrike Rod of Assault. I've been watching these in the CS, and I can tell you that folks are buying them for 400-500k each. Every day I see only 3 or 4 in the CS, and they are always by different sellers at slightly different price points.

I'm guessing that some players bought gold for plat initially which caused the influx of gold into the game. Then once the gold was there, it just keeps passing its way around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Dont buy, let the price drop and it will come soon.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Yes, but this has not happened. I can't comment on rogue or warrior weapons, but the mage weapon of choice is the Clever Flamestrike Rod of Assault. I've been watching these in the CS, and I can tell you that folks are buying them for 400-500k each. Every day I see only 3 or 4 in the CS, and they are always by different sellers at slightly different price points.
    Goes to my point. Then if the're there selling, that's what their worth. Looks overpriced by the ppl who have been here before iOS, and I think it will stabilize later, if not drop because new stuff is coming out.
    I'm guessing that some players bought gold for plat initially which caused the influx of gold into the game. Then once the gold was there, it just keeps passing its way around.
    This is what's trippy to me. In pl, you'd be nuts to buy gold for plat. Here it's a better exchange ratio. That is untill more floods the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

no one asks you to use the best weapon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lovee View Post
    'Godly' items are meant to have 'Godly' prices! If every equipments are going to be priced at one that's affordable to everyone then it won't be 'Godly' anymore. Furthermore, it's really easy to earn money. You just need to know how
    Although finances aren't a problem for me, perhaps you'd like to elaborate on how to get rich. Start a new thread for it or why not create a guide! After all, "its easy" right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You see them in Auction, right?

Well, in my point of view, STS aren't guilty. They only make the game and tried to balance it with all their best. The one selling in Auction isn't STS, but players! Arcane Legends players.

Also, if that thing is so unique and rare, how come someone sell it for a little price?

All amount of money is affordable. 1k, 1m, 1b, all of them are affordable. You only need to farm, sell, patients.

If there's someone who don't agreed with this, then how about a little survey to all readers?

If you got a weapon, the rarest and strongest from all weapon, how much will you sell it? 1k? 5k?
    For me, I certainly will sell it for 500k-2m.

There must be someone who don't wanna sell it but keep it for him/herself. I'm sure of it. It's all up to you to judge.

Also, people also playing games because they have a goal. Like me, my goal is to make a guild. Other people will have a goal. Like being in the LB, being the richest, being the strongest, being the coolest, etc. One of them are because they want to buy something. If all things are cheap, what will be their goal? Heck, they leave the game because they have no goals and BOOM! Arcane Legends ruined. Arcane Legends ruined, STS ruined. STS ruined, and so the other games.

But it still your decision to agreed with this or not. Just remember if you make a decision remember the survey!

Yes, gentlemen, I change this thread into a survey thread!

Lol joke. Be cool, gents. Don't be so serious. Chill out.

AL: BurningFlame (Warrior)
    PL: Zekirion (Rhino Paladin)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FlameClaw For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro:886111
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovee View Post
    'Godly' items are meant to have 'Godly' prices! If every equipments are going to be priced at one that's affordable to everyone then it won't be 'Godly' anymore. Furthermore, it's really easy to earn money. You just need to know how
    Although finances aren't a problem for me, perhaps you'd like to elaborate on how to get rich. Start a new thread for it or why not create a guide! After all, "it's easy" right?
    Easy right?
    Last edited by FlameClaw; 12-09-2012 at 03:50 AM.

AL: BurningFlame (Warrior)
    PL: Zekirion (Rhino Paladin)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Dear TS: here's a little lesson in economics that you will understand someday, or later in life.

Current prices are not determined by any one party. In this game, it takes maybe a few hundred or maybe thousands of people to arrive at your price of 600k.

Let's create a scenario of four people, Buyer A, Buyer B, Seller A, Seller B.

SA puts up Flamestrike for 800k.
    BA and BB refuse to pay the price (cannot afford, or deem it's not worth it.)
    SB puts up Flamestrike for 700k, in an effort to get a quicker sale than SA. This is called undercutting.

BA and BB don't buy once more, but are slightly more willing.
    SA decides to reprice at 650k, to undercut.
    BA and BB refuse to buy.
    SB prices it at 600k.

BA hesitates. BB, who has slightly more gold because he's been farming hard instead of whining on forums, snaps it up.

Only SA's Flamestrike is left at the price of 650k.

Either SA will lower the price till BA buys it, or BA will farm enough till it can afford 650k. It's highly possible they will meet in the middle.

Now if a lot of buyers are present, more than sellers, It will keep the price constant or push it UP due to more people willing to fork out slightly more to finally get the Flamestrike.

If a lot more sellers are present, they will continue to undercut each other until they get their own sale and prices will go DOWN.

If you've been watching the CS for weeks and the price is stagnant at 600+k, it means that for weeks, the buyer and seller crowd has been making just the right amount of deals to the point where number of sellers equals number of buyers at 600k.

And there's where you get your price.

Let me assure you that the current CS system encourages undercutting more than it should. It costs about 20+k just to list an item for that much. The system is already in the favour of the buyer-- making your complaint rather invalid, really. The current market price is indeed what the item is worth, and it's the consensus of the thousands of people who play the game.

Your unwillingness to farm up and put in as much toil as 99 other sorcerers is no one's concern. The economy is balanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

This thread turned into some sort of government rendez-vous XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by primaeva View Post
    Dear TS: here's a little lesson in economics that you will understand someday, or later in life.

Current prices are not determined by any one party. In this game, it takes maybe a few hundred or maybe thousands of people to arrive at your price of 600k.

SB puts up Flamestrike for 700k, in an effort to get a quicker sale than SA. This is called undercutting.

BA and BB refuse to buy.
    SB prices it at 600k.

BA hesitates. BB, who has slightly more gold because he's been farming hard instead of whining on forums, snaps it up.

Either SA will lower the price till BA buys it, or BA will farm enough till it can afford 650k. It's highly possible they will meet in the middle.

Now if a lot of buyers are present, more than sellers, It will keep the price constant or push it UP due to more people willing to fork out slightly more to finally get the Flamestrike.

If a lot more sellers are present, they will continue to undercut each other until they get their own sale and prices will go DOWN.

If you've been watching the CS for weeks and the price is stagnant at 600+k, it means that for weeks, the buyer and seller crowd has been making just the right amount of deals to the point where number of sellers equals number of buyers at 600k.

Let me assure you that the current CS system encourages undercutting more than it should. It costs about 20+k just to list an item for that much. The system is already in the favour of the buyer-- making your complaint rather invalid, really. The current market price is indeed what the item is worth, and it's the consensus of the thousands of people who play the game.

Your unwillingness to farm up and put in as much toil as 99 other sorcerers is no one's concern. The economy is balanced.
    These are lies. You must have more than 2 letters in your toons name. BA and SA don't exist.

seriously though. This is a bit verbose but accurate. Put in some bullet points and repost as Economy [GUIDE] to help the part of the planet having a hard time grasping this.
    Last edited by DontNerfMeBro; 12-09-2012 at 06:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DontNerfMeBro View Post
    These are lies. You must have more than 2 letters in your toons name. BA and SA don't exist.

seriously though. This is a bit verbose but accurate. Put in some bullet points and repost as Economy [GUIDE] to help the part of the planet having a hard time grasping this.
    Learn to read. BA and SA were examples.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Learn to read. BA and SA were examples.
    *blank stare, head shake, sigh*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

*blank stare, head shake, sigh*
    Good idea. I was about to do the same.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Let's see how all the supporter's of "high" prices like them if STS took out the ability to buy gold with plat, or made the exchange rate closer to that of PL.

Also, I understand the concept of "rarity". However, these "rare", overpriced items are seen all over the game. We also have prices close to PL in this game. With lower liquidation rates, pet feeding, and high elixir prices, please explain to me again how AL players have PL gold... oh yeah, plat.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontider View Post
    let's see how all the supporter's of "high" prices like them if sts took out the ability to buy gold with plat, or made the exchange rate closer to that of pl.

Also, i understand the concept of "rarity". However, these "rare", overpriced items are seen all over the game. We also have prices close to pl in this game. With lower liquidation rates, pet feeding, and high elixir prices, please explain to me again how al players have pl gold... Oh yeah, plat.
    y u dont get sum plat dude.???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

BA and BB refuse to buy.
    SB prices it at 600k.

Your example is faulty because SB would only actually undercut by one gold.

-----
    Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.
    Last edited by Deathpunch; 12-09-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Lol unless it gets stickied, let's just copy-pasta these examples to every thread that pops up. I'll format it later though.

@Deathpunch: not sure if sarcasm... but CS shows about 5-10k of undercutting on said item Flamestrike rod. Anyway, even if it was undercut by 1, the mechanism still applies.

A last point. The difference between the 15 and 16 rods is 200-300k. To the TS: use the 15 and leave the 16s to those who deserve them. I haven't spent a dime on plat and I'm approaching 10m in assets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

@Deathpunch: not sure if sarcasm... but CS shows about 5-10k of undercutting on said item Flamestrike rod. Anyway, even if it was undercut by 1, the mechanism still applies.
    Hmm. Did you not read my tapatalk sig? It's always sarcasm, unless I don't intend it to be.

Besides, it isn't really a supply and demand issue. Contrary to what I sometimes think, people on here aren't stupid, they understand the concept, the problem is that there's too much gold out and about from plat sales, and maybe from ally farming during limited release. It's an inflation issue. We see PL prices in the cs while we get SL returns on liquidation. It's unbalanced. Personally, I'm not concerned about what gear I got, if my toon has decent gear, I'm content. I'm just saying the economy is off.

-----
    Note to reader: This post should likely be read in a sarcastic tone of voice.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post: