Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What happened to AOA?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Except it is though, considering he no longer plays the games. Is this really something to brag about being right on?
    Certainly not. However, there are times when points need to be made and I believe he had a great point. All I've witnessed is people bashing his every word. Yet, in the end, his every word turned out to be correct. No one likes a wise guy, but the truth of the matter is, wise guys are wise. That's why they're called wise guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

One of the main reasons that I quit PL is that nothing remains exclusive. Select few get something, people cry and moan, then STS makes a patch that makes it available to everyone. What is the point in making it exclusive in the first place? During AO3 I worked my tail off for the mega-blaster set and obtained it. Then people complained about wanting more sets so they added the Sunblessed set as well, then the worth of my set went way down, all because someone cried to the devs. I know that this example was not referring to something exclusive, just using it as an example.

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    One of the main reasons that I quit PL is that nothing remains exclusive. Select few get something, people cry and moan, then STS makes a patch that makes it available to everyone. What is the point in making it exclusive in the first place? During AO3 I worked my tail off for the mega-blaster set and obtained it. Then people complained about wanting more sets so they added the Sunblessed set as well, then the worth of my set went way down, all because someone cried to the devs. I know that this example was not referring to something exclusive, just using it as an example.
    Excellent point. Although we are way off topic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    wise guys are wise. That's why they're called wise guys
    I thought 'wise guys' are fully initiated members of the Mafia

Edit: About the whole AOA thing... I think that all members that were in it for the right reasons, can live with the fact that it's/will be disbanded. It was supposed to help newbies out and I believe the 'real' members will continue to do so with or without an official guild to back them up.
    Last edited by JaytB; 12-11-2012 at 01:19 PM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Someone said something about exclusive in other replies. Thought it was time for a rant

PL-lvl 76 Duper mage (main)
    AL- Hephaestus warrior (main), Duper Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I thought 'wise guys' are fully initiated members of the Mafia

Edit: About the whole AOA thing... I think that all members that were in it for the right reasons, can live with the fact that it's/will be disbanded. It was supposed to help newbies out and I believe the 'real' members will continue to do so with or without an official guild to back them up.
    You're absolutely right Jay. From what I can tell, AoA was never about helping people. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive the devs want people to help each other and new guys out, but I believe the TITLE (caps for emphasis) is what AoA was all about. Imagine a company that not only has great games but can brag great programs such as a program designed for helping newer players out. That's pretty impressive. It's my personal opinion that AoA was all just to look good on paper. If people are kind and helpful, they will continue to be kind and helpful regardless of whether they have a title that tells them they are, or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

If you need special titles to be able to help someone then you are doing it for the wrong reason. You should be able to help regardless of a title or exclusive item.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    You're absolutely right Jay. From what I can tell, AoA was never about helping people. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive the devs want people to help each other and new guys out, but I believe the TITLE (caps for emphasis) is what AoA was all about. Imagine a company that not only has great games but can brag great programs such as a program designed for helping newer players out. That's pretty impressive. It's my personal opinion that AoA was all just to look good on paper. If people are kind and helpful, they will continue to be kind and helpful regardless of whether they have a title that tells them they are, or not.
    Agreed.

AoA was a humble cause (at least the original) but tbh, it's visibility to the game itself was zero. More than half the applies were made based on a fancydancy title. Good on paper, but in the end not worth the time.

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice touch from STS to get players closer to the company but this "insider" thing is far more helpful as it affects every single forum member, not just the selected few.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Guys stop hatin on AoA.. sure some of us were never on, or ever helped, but the people who were on and participated were really helpful and fun. I personally think some of you are mad you didn't get accepted. Again not naming names.. smh

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post
    Guys stop hatin on AoA.. sure some of us were never on, or ever helped, but the people who were on and participated were really helpful and fun. I personally think some of you are mad you didn't get accepted. Again not naming names.. smh
    There's a difference between hating and stating constructive critisism.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Agreed.

AoA was a humble cause (at least the original) but tbh, it's visibility to the game itself was zero. More than half the applies were made based on a fancydancy title. Good on paper, but in the end not worth the time.

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice touch from STS to get players closer to the company but this "insider" thing is far more helpful as it affects every single forum member, not just the selected few.
    The devs have caught on to the fact that when exclusive clubs are formed. People are going to want to be in them and if they get rejected they turn into the hulk. Troll style. So, they are going with the insider program where all you have to do is join. No one is arguing about it now.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cascade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post
    Cookiez I know you mean well, but I'm sorry. That's just not true.

I have been trolled and dissed the most hardcore by more than one AoA before. I've witnessed them being way, way far less than "helpful." Once, when I saw an AoA in Forest Haven, I decided to test that AoA out. I went and rolled a quick toon and leveled it to like 4. I searched through the forest havens till I found the right one. Not only did I get rejected when asking for help but I was also made fun of by the AoA Now it's my turn to not name names.

The dude has a point Constructive criticism is different than hate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

It started with "helping" then it was "parties". The community has been stuck on "they don't help" looong after sts steered away from that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

I have been trolled and dissed the most hardcore by more than one AoA before. I've witnessed them being way, way far less than "helpful." Once, when I saw an AoA in Forest Haven, I decided to test that AoA out. I went and rolled a quick toon and leveled it to like 4. I searched through the forest havens till I found the right one. Not only did I get rejected when asking for help but I was also made fun of by the AoA Now it's my turn to not name names.

The dude has a point Constructive criticism is different than hate.[/QUOTE]

All good bro like I said, not all the ambassadors were in here to help. And like some of you said some were just in here for the title...*cough* But saying all AoAs were is not cool, cause I sure tried to be extremely nice when on my AoA and I was. I too did the same experiment to someone in the AoA and they said go join a guild and get some gold f**. The worst thing I've done is ignore 1 person.

And I looove constructive criticism, but is this constructive? Or positive? Sounds to me like someone______(insert your own thoughts)_____...

Quoted from someone:

From what I can tell, AoA was never about helping people. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive the devs want people to help each other and new guys out, but I believe the TITLE (caps for emphasis) is what AoA was all about. Imagine a company that not only has great games but can brag great programs such as a program designed for helping newer players out. That's pretty impressive. It's my personal opinion that AoA was all just to look good on paper. If people are kind and helpful, they will continue to be kind and helpful regardless of whether they have a title that tells them they are, or not.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cookiez For This Useful Post:

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

I am going to close this thread.
    Check out this thread for more information.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Infernal-Souls
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com