Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: AL Support Lacking?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Question AL Support Lacking?

Hi,

I would like to begin this thread by saying that i have been playing on STS games for over 2 years, and in that time i have sent in many many reports, support tickets etc. While i have not always received a "Yes" to my inquiries, i have never felt like i was not receiving support at all. I would like to thank Dracknor, Mjolstin, and Gnosis for their incredible support in the past. //Begin Rant: I recently sent in a ticket with 3 questions:
    1. Would I be able to get my guild renamed (Costs a lot to buy the guild charter and then even more for the guild hall, would rather not have to do it all again)
    2. Prices for plat revives with invincibility and the Ally reward 24 Hour bypass had just been lowered, I had just purchased many of them. Most companies will be willing to apply a refund in cases where items were lowered directly after you purchased them... I felt this was a fair request.
    3. I'm not going to bring up my third question (entirely unrelated to the two above. After sending it i realized it was a ridiculous request and so have no complaints that support did not answer it).

After a full week, I sent in another ticket asking if they had received my first, here is what i got back from support:
    Hello,
    Unfortunately we are not able to complete your request at this time. While we strive to satisfy every player request, somethings are outside of the scope of the Customer Support department.

If there is anything else that we can do to assist you, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks!
    After receiving that, i feel i had been entirely blown off with a template email, and so i sent in a comment saying so. After all, this is SUPPORT i was talking to was it not? 2/3 of my questions were entirely valid... Here is what i got back after the comment

Unfortunately your requests are not something our policies allow for. While my response was pre-formatted, it was still true and taking the time to deny each request separately would not have changed the fact that your requests are in fact denied. I do apologize. We have a very high volume of tickets do to the recent launch of Arcane Legends, so our responses might seem briefer than they have been in the past while we work to get the queues under control.

Regards,

<Support name, not going to publicly call him out>
    Upon receiving this email, i promptly went and had another look at all of STS's legalese - and found absolutely NOTHING on refunds, just legal blather on how they get to decide.

So I ask the rest of you, were my requests unreasonable? Do they not fall under the jurisdiction of Support? Am i overreacting?

In my opinion, i have supported STS for over two years, bought hundreds of dollars worth of platinum across their games, and support cannot uphold simple business etiquette of refunding the difference directly after a price change, or even if that is not their policy... at least a simple guild name change?

I would like to point out again that yes, this is a rant... and i have always been extremely happy with support, but i really feel these were two valid requests that received no valid answers.

And if these are in the policies of STS, might i get that policy chart and have a look at it and see if it is worth plunking any further funds down in the future.

//End Rant

Thanks!
    /DanielRH

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanielRH For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I think you have a point with the revive cost. 5 plat adds up quick.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DataPunk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If you buy something from the store and it goes on sale the next day you can't go back and be refunded the difference. The same idea would logically apply here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cashews View Post
    If you buy something from the store and it goes on sale the next day you can't go back and be refunded the difference. The same idea would logically apply here
    Where I'm from there is a law that gives you the right to get the same offer if you bought the same offer two weeks prior to when it went on sale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Default AL Support Lacking?

I don't think the refund would really turn out, if everyone who purchased the plat revives and everything asked for refunds, the STS team would be run off their feet.

Just an average signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

What datapunk said. Most companies specify some amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by dreuefesie View Post
    I don't think the refund would really turn out, if everyone who purchased the plat revives and everything asked for refunds, the STS team would be run off their feet.
    Perhaps, but would you not be annoyed if you had bought their super vanity helmet for 500 plat and then they lowered it the next day to 10 plat? You would be downright furious and would EXPECT a refund.

But even so, if their policy is that they will not refund price changes (Even though i bought them literally 1-3 days prior), fine. I am willing to let that go (Although i do not see it as fair, and it is bad business practice). But the guild name change? No. I spent 70 plat getting that guild, should be able to get a name change.
    Last edited by DanielRH; 12-11-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

If I went to a shop and bought a Kit Kat and it was £1. Then the next day it was only 50 pence, that's what is called tough luck.

I would never dream of asking for the difference back, just sounds cheeky to me.

If there is a law regarding this, please post a link, otherwise I think you're stuck.

Star Legends Officer
    Dreenise Druunise Droonise
    Dark Legends Ambassador
    Dreenise Droonise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I'm not the one to teach u about ur consumer rights, thats ur own responsibility. Just because u bought something doesnt mean ur rights stop there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dreenise View Post
    If I went to a shop and bought a Kit Kat and it was £1. Then the next day it was only 50 pence, that's what is called tough luck.

I would never dream of asking for the difference back, just sounds cheeky to me.

If there is a law regarding this, please post a link, otherwise I think you're stuck.
    While it is not law, it is good business practice. Here are some major companies that have such a policy:

7 days:
    Dick’s Sporting Goods
    JC Penney
    Kmart
    Office Depot
    Walmart

10 days:
    Home Depot
    Macy’s

14 days:
    Apple Store
    Babies “R” US
    Best Buy
    Diapers.com
    GAP
    Kohl’s
    Nordstrom
    Office Max
    Old Navy
    Staples
    Target
    The Children’s Place
    Toys “R” US

15 days:
    Fry’s

21 days:
    Victoria’s Secret

30 days:
    Barnes & Noble
    Bed, Bath & Beyond
    BJ’s Wholesale Club
    Dell
    Lamps Plus
    Lowe’s
    Sam’s Club
    Sears

Amazon discontinued their price protection policy last year. However, they did give a $60 credit when the price of the Kindle dropped by $60.00

As you can see, many companies have such a policy. It's good business practice, keeps your customers happy.

And dreenise, please read my example above about the 500 plat vanity helm, no doubt you would complain. If it were $1, i would ignore it... yet i bought quite a few of them right before the price change.
    Last edited by DanielRH; 12-11-2012 at 05:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sadly, I think they're doing the right thing. That's really just how it works. You buy something and keep it, it's not their problem you're no longer satisfied with your purchase. I know it sucks and some companies do offer full refunds in similar cases but honestly they shouldn't if the product is what you paid for.

A real life example; I bought my Nexus 7 and LITERALLY the next day they lowered the price of the 16gb version(which I bought) and started selling a 32gb version for the same price. Sucks ***, especially because I was unsure if 16gb is enough for me. Such is life. I still have what I bought, someone else just gets more for the same price now. Gotta live with it
    Tuik - Rogue
    Pululu - Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tuik View Post
    Sadly, I think they're doing the right thing. That's really just how it works. You buy something and keep it, it's not their problem you're no longer satisfied with your purchase. I know it sucks and some companies do offer full refunds in similar cases but honestly they shouldn't if the product is what you paid for.

A real life example; I bought my Nexus 7 and LITERALLY the next day they lowered the price of the 16gb version(which I bought) and started selling a 32gb version for the same price. Sucks ***, especially because I was unsure if 16gb is enough for me. Such is life. I still have what I bought, someone else just gets more for the same price now. Gotta live with it
    And per your example, Google handed out refunds to those who bought the nexus 7 on or after the 14th of October. Google has a price protection policy that covers you for 15 days. If you did buy it on or after October 14th, i suggest you send Google an email and get your refund for the amount of the price drop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Actually you can. Buy another one cheaper during the sale and return it using the non sale receipt.
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default AL Support Lacking?

My service for pl has been great! Thanks gnosis! But the quality of pl has gotten worse... Reason why I moved to AL...
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbite View Post
    My service for pl has been great! Thanks gnosis! But the quality of pl has gotten worse... Reason why I moved to AL...
    Aye, support is generally quite good... first problem with them ever.

lets not de-rail the thread with that last bit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

why i hav a feeling det this thread will b close

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowGunX View Post
    why i hav a feeling det this thread will b close
    That sir, has got to be the most unhelpful post with the worst spelling/grammar i have ever had the displeasure to see.

If you have nothing to say on the issue at hand, the only thing you are accomplishing by posting such a post is to inflame others. Next time, consider the following before posting: "Is this post going to contribute to the thread topic in any way?" If the answer is no, don't post it.

I am growing quite tired of people trying to have a real conversation about important issues, and people like yourself coming in and turning the place into a flame war, with the end result being a thread close.

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Sorry Daniel, we don't do rants. Feel free to PM me if you would like.

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com