Thread: Toon's gender?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Default Toon's gender?

I have been clicking on several links that would have the potential to answer my inquiry but to no avail. If this has been answered already and that I must have been a little bit careless not to see, please lock this thread

Are there any reasons as to why we cannot choose the gender of our class? Any explanation or theory to this would be very much appreciated! Ciao
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

A dev answered this question once, but I don't know where to search for it at this point. Basically, it would dramatically increase the amount of graphics needed for the characters. There would have to be both male and female versions of every bit of gear to match the different body types, different animations, etc. Pretty much the same reason the camera angle isn't changeable, so they don't have to create 360 degree graphics.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

3. The Following User Says Thank You to McBain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Got to say for me that is the biggest let down about Arcane Legends.
    Feeling like sts rather cut corners to make fast cash then make an amazing game.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrsberry For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Thanks McBain, I do hope that the 360 camera rotation would be implemented someday, I'd like to see Kraag City like Google Earth zoomed in at a closer look. Having different genders per class would somehow be promising just by the thought of it. Goodluck Sts and I do hope you continue to surprise us!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsberry:891259
    Got to say for me that is the biggest let down about Arcane Legends.
    Feeling like sts rather cut corners to make fast cash then make an amazing game.
    It's not a let down to me.
    Why would we want skinny males and overly muscular woman? I don't think they cut corners but rather made it all fit in.
    If you want to be a guy, choose the warrior. If you want to be a girl, choose the rogue. If you want to be an unknown, choose the mage.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Female warrior would have truly been fantastic. I hate the fact that you can't choose your gender, but, we gotta deal with it. I would even love to see a male rogue or a human sorcerer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat:891303
    Female warrior would have truly been fantastic. I hate the fact that you can't choose your gender, but, we gotta deal with it. I would even love to see a male rogue or a human sorcerer.
    You can choose your gender. Each gender has a natural "class". Males are naturally good fighters and females are naturally good at what a rogue does in fantasies. Mages are just blue wabbits and hold the real arcane powers. (Giving the unknown race unknown power seems reasonable)

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    You can choose your gender. Each gender has a natural "class". Males are naturally good fighters and females are naturally good at what a rogue does in fantasies. Mages are just blue wabbits and hold the real arcane powers. (Giving the unknown race unknown power seems reasonable)
    I ment fully choose it. Like, be able to get a warrior as a female. I have a warrior myself, and it doesn't really bother me to have a male character, but it would have been nicer to be a female.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

It's not a let down to me.
    Why would we want skinny males and overly muscular woman? I don't think they cut corners but rather made it all fit in.
    If you want to be a guy, choose the warrior. If you want to be a girl, choose the rogue. If you want to be an unknown, choose the mage.
    I want to be able to play every class and chose my gender. Why do I have to have only one choice of class because im female? SL has Genders for each class why would it be unbelievable for a female to be a warrior? There are plenty of muscular woman in the world. Sounds a bit sexist imo. Whatever creature mage is it definitely doesnt look female. Guess we can just agree to disagree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat:891314
    I ment fully choose it. Like, be able to get a warrior as a female. I have a warrior myself, and it doesn't really bother me to have a male character, but it would have been nicer to be a female.
    Gender is what decides your class, but not gamestyle in AL. You are still given a chance to fully make a "warrior" female rogue.
    Make a rogue and set up the skills and stats so you can tank if you want a female character. You are given the option to choose a gender in the beginning and then you can choose how to play with your character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Gender is what decides your class, but not gamestyle in AL. You are still given a chance to fully make a "warrior" female rogue.
    Make a rogue and set up the skills and stats so you can tank if you want a female character. You are given the option to choose a gender in the beginning and then you can choose how to play with your character.
    No not realy. Each class has different skills unique to there class. Get on a rouge add Str look at what stats it increases then get on a warrior and do the same. It does not give same stats on every class. Rouges dont have a taunt or much of any Aoe skills. So no you couldnt be much of a tank on a rouge.
    Last edited by Mrsberry; 12-12-2012 at 06:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Again, I said i'd love to have a warrior in a female character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Again, I said i'd love to have a warrior in a female character.
    Trololol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsberry View Post
    Trololol
    Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I have to agree, the lack of gender choice for each class is disappointing. But being as this is a mobile game, I can understand the devs' desire to keep the game's file size down as much as possible. Having to create twice as much armor/weapon graphics would affect how fast new updates made it to us, too.

I had convinced my wife to start playing, but due to the rogue being the only female choice, she kind of lost her interest for the game right there in the character creation process. She didn't even finish creating a character, stating she would check it out "later". That was about a week ago, lol.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I don't really think it matters. Usually the personality/name is more of an indicator of the player's gender than the character they use.
    AL name: CriticalCyr and CrucialCyr
    Guess: 221

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

All u hatin on my little blue homie :3
    Credits to Iady