Thread: Champion Items Now Most Expensive Items On CS!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
    Looks like the Champion Items are what people are thinking is going to be the next cash cow for them. There is already many of the L15-L16 items up now for 200k+ but there is now a L15 Rogue Champion weapon up there for 1 million.
    Not sure what you mean. The arcane set? There's also like 5 going for 1000 or less. Just because someone puts a price at a million doesn't mean it's worth it o.o Most all the Forerunner stuff is less than 20k right now. So I fail to see the logic here...
    AL: Airikay
    Guess: 3,782

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airikay View Post
    Not sure what you mean. The arcane set? There's also like 5 going for 1000 or less. Just because someone puts a price at a million doesn't mean it's worth it o.o Most all the Forerunner stuff is less than 20k right now. So I fail to see the logic here...
    The plat gear is what I am talking about.

As far as the price it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it or feels like paying on their demand for it.

The point of this was people are thinking this is going to be the next big way to roll in that cash and it has already started.

Give it a couple days as with any type of economy once others start to see items being put up higher they will either match or just undercut a bit.

All it takes is ~5-10 if not a bit more people to price their items around these figures and the trend will happen. If you saw 20 people selling the same item as you for 1 million would you really list it at 10k? Very doubtful.
    AL - AGROCRAG - My guess is 12,345

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The plat gear is what I am talking about.

As far as the price it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it or feels like paying on their demand for it.

The point of this was people are thinking this is going to be the next big way to roll in that cash and it has already started.

Give it a couple days as with any type of economy once others start to see items being put up higher they will either match or just undercut a bit.

All it takes is ~5-10 if not a bit more people to price their items around these figures and the trend will happen. If you saw 20 people selling the same item as you for 1 million would you really list it at 10k? Very doubtful.
    The forerunners...like I said. And people won't list at 1 million continuously when they're only selling for 1k. It cost 50k to list that and it will not be sold. It is not worth it. With how the tax on auction is taken at time of listing, this becomes a buyers market. Because sellers want to sell their items after only one listing. It feels like you're the one selling for 1 million and just trying to drive prices up. Too bad it's 1 vs 10,000.

Edit: Plus the weapons if anything will be sold for least. There are other weapons that look like them. The names don't even have "Forerunner" moniker in them. The only thing that has real value is the body armor IMO.
    Last edited by Airikay; 12-12-2012 at 10:19 PM.
    AL: Airikay
    Guess: 3,782

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airikay View Post
    The forerunners...like I said. And people won't list at 1 million continuously when they're only selling for 1k. It cost 50k to list that and it will not be sold. It is not worth it. With how the tax on auction is taken at time of listing, this becomes a buyers market. Because sellers want to sell their items after only one listing. It feels like you're the one selling for 1 million and just trying to drive prices up. Too bad it's 1 vs 10,000.

Edit: Plus the weapons if anything will be sold for least. There are other weapons that look like them. The names don't even have "Forerunner" moniker in them. The only thing that has real value is the body armor IMO.
    I actually just finally posted stuff on CS today first time I have even used it and nothing I posted even was over 100k. Driving prices up is not something I do I actually go anywhere from 15-30% lower than the lowest price on the CS.
    AL - AGROCRAG - My guess is 12,345

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

If you saw 20 people selling the same item as you for 1 million would you really list it at 10k? Very doubtful.
    Not to logic troll you but 10k is probably about right. A heavy volume of a certain item at market generally indicates that the item is of small value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

If you saw 20 people selling the same item as you for 1 million would you really list it at 10k? Very doubtful.
    Not to logic troll you but 10k is probably about right. A heavy volume of a certain item at market generally indicates that the item is of small value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You can get in a lot of trouble thinking this way. I'm a merchant in PL and a very successful one at that. And I can tell you that people who think that the CS is a price guide are a big reason why I'm so successful at merching. They are the targets, plain and simple... And they are very predictable. I'm not going to say anymore than that as I don't want to give away my "trade secrets", but let's just say that people who use the CS as a price guide help me out immensely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    You can get in a lot of trouble thinking this way. I'm a merchant in PL and a very successful one at that. And I can tell you that people who think that the CS is a price guide are a big reason why I'm so successful at merching. They are the targets, plain and simple... And they are very predictable. I'm not going to say anymore than that as I don't want to give away my "trade secrets", but let's just say that people who use the CS as a price guide help me out immensely.
    Dam bro. seems like you've really "made it" in life. You talk pro. I'd appreciate if you could help my thread out by posting a comment. you don't have to reveal secrets just give a pro comment or two.

thx in advance pro