Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champion Items Now Most Expensive Items On CS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Champion Items Now Most Expensive Items On CS!

Looks like the Champion Items are what people are thinking is going to be the next cash cow for them. There is already many of the L15-L16 items up now for 200k+ but there is now a L15 Rogue Champion weapon up there for 1 million.
    AL - AGROCRAG - My guess is 12,345

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
    Looks like the Champion Items are what people are thinking is going to be the next cash cow for them. There is already many of the L15-L16 items up now for 200k+ but there is now a L15 Rogue Champion weapon up there for 1 million.
    Not sure what you mean. The arcane set? There's also like 5 going for 1000 or less. Just because someone puts a price at a million doesn't mean it's worth it o.o Most all the Forerunner stuff is less than 20k right now. So I fail to see the logic here...
    AL: Airikay
    Guess: 3,782

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Uhhhh forerunner is like 10k below for sorcerrer, 25k below for warrior, idk for rogue but probably 25k below

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Airikay View Post
    Not sure what you mean. The arcane set? There's also like 5 going for 1000 or less. Just because someone puts a price at a million doesn't mean it's worth it o.o Most all the Forerunner stuff is less than 20k right now. So I fail to see the logic here...
    The plat gear is what I am talking about.

As far as the price it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it or feels like paying on their demand for it.

The point of this was people are thinking this is going to be the next big way to roll in that cash and it has already started.

Give it a couple days as with any type of economy once others start to see items being put up higher they will either match or just undercut a bit.

All it takes is ~5-10 if not a bit more people to price their items around these figures and the trend will happen. If you saw 20 people selling the same item as you for 1 million would you really list it at 10k? Very doubtful.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous:892602

As far as the price it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it or feels like paying on their demand for it.

The point of this was people are thinking this is going to be the next big way to roll in that cash and it has already started.

Give it a couple days as with any type of economy once others start to see items being put up higher they will either match or just undercut a bit.

All it takes is ~5-10 if not a bit more people to price their items around these figures and the trend will happen. If you saw 20 people selling the same item as you for 1 million would you really list it at 10k? Very doubtful.
    No way would i pay that much for those items when you could just buy the plat pack yourself an get 25k from the pack, the complete set and all the inventory and slots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    No way would i pay that much for those items when you could just buy the plat pack yourself an get 25k from the pack, the complete set and all the inventory and slots

True currently you can but they are removing them once the update happens to replace them with something else and who knows maybe some under the age of getting a credit card or those without have some cash to blow on them due to selling their own items on the CS.

I agree though but with the rush for people trying to collect those items before update those who don't have plat will probably pay what they have to to make sure they secure them before the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The forerunners...like I said. And people won't list at 1 million continuously when they're only selling for 1k. It cost 50k to list that and it will not be sold. It is not worth it. With how the tax on auction is taken at time of listing, this becomes a buyers market. Because sellers want to sell their items after only one listing. It feels like you're the one selling for 1 million and just trying to drive prices up. Too bad it's 1 vs 10,000.

Edit: Plus the weapons if anything will be sold for least. There are other weapons that look like them. The names don't even have "Forerunner" moniker in them. The only thing that has real value is the body armor IMO.
    Last edited by Airikay; 12-12-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The forerunners...like I said. And people won't list at 1 million continuously when they're only selling for 1k. It cost 50k to list that and it will not be sold. It is not worth it. With how the tax on auction is taken at time of listing, this becomes a buyers market. Because sellers want to sell their items after only one listing. It feels like you're the one selling for 1 million and just trying to drive prices up. Too bad it's 1 vs 10,000.

Edit: Plus the weapons if anything will be sold for least. There are other weapons that look like them. The names don't even have "Forerunner" moniker in them. The only thing that has real value is the body armor IMO.
    I actually just finally posted stuff on CS today first time I have even used it and nothing I posted even was over 100k. Driving prices up is not something I do I actually go anywhere from 15-30% lower than the lowest price on the CS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Could be wrong, but in the preview Sam only specifically mentioned the Founder's gear being removed with the update. The Champions bundle that contains the Forerunner stuff might still be there, although even if it's not, I don't see these items holding much value in the future.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by McBain:892735
    Could be wrong, but in the preview Sam only specifically mentioned the Founder's gear being removed with the update. The Champions bundle that contains the Forerunner stuff might still be there, although even if it's not, I don't see these items holding much value in the future.
    Imgame theres even advertisements sayin bundles an founders goin away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Ok.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I kinda feel Hero's Gear looks a lot more Founderish with the Arcane Logo and everything than Founders gear and even the name "Forerunner" common to all the item. If it is also discontinued it will be a season 1 item only like Founders. I think it will be just as wanted. The Body armor at least.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think the forerunner gear looks way better than the founders gear. It's this armor and helm that should be made vanity!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Malison egg for 2m
    Kettle egg for 1.3m
    Right now in auction lol
    Character Name: Hasig
    My Guess: 2000

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Glad I bought em before the price chaos. Teehee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Haha, I saw someone in cs today shouting "selling malison egg 1.7mil i wont go any lower". It's easy enough to save up 90 plat for malison and save yourself the months of farming for that kind of cash. If the price is that high, supply and demand won't matter. None of them are going to sell for that.
    AL name: CriticalCyr and CrucialCyr
    Guess: 221

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I may just have to get the mallison egg for 90 plat. My original plan was to only buy stuff for plat that was NOT available in game as drops and could not be bought for gold, but 2m for a pet that cost 90 plat is just crazy. People are saying that the 500 plat for 500k gold is even too high an exchange rate, so 90 plat for an item that runs 2m gold sounds like the deal of the century.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

If you saw 20 people selling the same item as you for 1 million would you really list it at 10k? Very doubtful.
    Not to logic troll you but 10k is probably about right. A heavy volume of a certain item at market generally indicates that the item is of small value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

If you saw 20 people selling the same item as you for 1 million would you really list it at 10k? Very doubtful.
    Not to logic troll you but 10k is probably about right. A heavy volume of a certain item at market generally indicates that the item is of small value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I see what Anon was saying. If every listing of an item was 100k+, you could list for less, but a third party will probably see the price difference and buy yours to resell around the higher price. It's only when the higher prices dont sell and people start undercutting each other's prices that we see the prices start to slope downward. As long as it happens gradually and stays that way for a while, the price will have officially dropped. Once people have accepted the new price as the norm, even if someone bought them all and raised the prices drastically, nobody would buy for that high price anymore, unless it were like that for long enough to reset the accepted price range of that item again.
    AL name: CriticalCyr and CrucialCyr
    Guess: 221

21. The Following User Says Thank You to CriticalCyr For This Useful Post: