Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Ranger Skill List

  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Developer - Inactive Samhayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Spacetime
    Posts
    8,421
    Thanks
    269
    Thanked 8,802 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default Ranger Skill List

    Skill lists with brief description of what it does.

    Vixen Ranger:

    Combat abilities:
    Rabid Bite The Vixen leaps across the battlefield to deliver a nasty wound.
    Hamstring The Ranger angles her blades low to deliver a debilitating blow, reducing the targets chance to dodge, lowering their recovery with a chance to stun them. Combo this ability after Rabid Bite for increased effectiveness.
    Vixen Kick - The Vixen leaps across the battlefield, raking her foe.
    Armor Shredder The Ranger uses her combat prowess to focus attacks on the weaker parts of her opponents armor, dealing damage and reducing their overall armor value for a brief time.
    Poison Needles The Ranger throws out a cone of poison tipped needles, recoiling opponents, damaging them and debilitating their movement speed.
    Poison Dart A larger dart is used to deliver a large single dose of poison, damaging the opponent over time, reducing their health recovery and debilitating their movement speed.

    Buffs:
    Fury The Vixen gathers their wild fury and focusing it into accurate strikes. Self +hit buff.
    Rage Tonic The Ranger imbues a tonic that that wells their rage outward, increasing damage and the chance for a critical strike.
    Evasion The Ranger focuses on defense, slipping through any bonds that may restrict her and increasing dodge and armor.

    Debuffs:
    Fox Howl The Vixen howls, damaging nearby foes and causing them do reduced damage for a short time after.
    Hypnotize The Vixen lures her foe in through a daze, damaging them and stunning them for a brief time.

    Utility:
    Bandage The Ranger uses their training to recover health and mana. This ability is best used out of combat, as taking damage will cancel the benefits.
    | | | | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    4,999
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 157 Times in 114 Posts

    Default

    Sam! You put all my hard work to shame! :/ Oh well! You can delete my thread about skills.

  4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Developer - Inactive Samhayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Spacetime
    Posts
    8,421
    Thanks
    269
    Thanked 8,802 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default

    Well, yours has stats and mine has generic info. It's all good
    | | | | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  5. #4
    Guardian of Alterra JaytB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,494
    Thanks
    982
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 655 Posts

    Default

    Can't wait to lvl both classes!

    Skills generally looks sweet. Only thing I don't get is that hit% buff for rangers. Seems like a completely obsolete spell for end game. Or am I overlooking something?


    And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

  6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Developer - Inactive Samhayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Spacetime
    Posts
    8,421
    Thanks
    269
    Thanked 8,802 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Can't wait to lvl both classes!

    Skills generally looks sweet. Only thing I don't get is that hit% buff for rangers. Seems like a completely obsolete spell for end game. Or am I overlooking something?
    Maybe endgame PvP?
    | | | | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  7. #6
    Senior Member Cahaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Orthopedic Capital of the World!
    Posts
    4,995
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked 422 Times in 306 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:893441
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Can't wait to lvl both classes!

    Skills generally looks sweet. Only thing I don't get is that hit% buff for rangers. Seems like a completely obsolete spell for end game. Or am I overlooking something?
    Maybe endgame PvP?
    They're probably viewing the Vixen as a pure dexterity class which will render any hit buff obsolete. I'm going to start adding a bit into health early because it's a melee class.
    2:1 Dex/str might be best

    Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

  8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Developer - Inactive Samhayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Spacetime
    Posts
    8,421
    Thanks
    269
    Thanked 8,802 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    They're probably viewing the Vixen as a pure dexterity class which will render any hit buff obsolete. I'm going to start adding a bit into health early because it's a melee class.
    2:1 Dex/str might be best
    It's actually Dex/Int as some of the skills scale with INT (I believe the posions do)
    | | | | | | |

    Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    here
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    226
    Thanked 262 Times in 179 Posts

    Default

    Has same exact body as mage for most gear...
    And gratitude shield looks same as on mage

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    :noitacoL
    Posts
    4,999
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 157 Times in 114 Posts

    Default

    This should probably be stickied just for beginners and such.

  11. #10
    Senior Member slaveleia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 50 Times in 40 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I like the poison needles skill….and free respecs is so cool/fun!

  12. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    That bush behind you
    Posts
    4,928
    Thanks
    705
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,064 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Skill lists with brief description of what it does.

    Vixen Ranger:

    Combat abilities:
    • Rabid Bite – The Vixen leaps across the battlefield to deliver a nasty wound.
    • Hamstring – The Ranger angles her blades low to deliver a debilitating blow, reducing the targets chance to dodge, lowering their recovery with a chance to stun them. Combo this ability after Rabid Bite for increased effectiveness.
    • Vixen Kick - The Vixen leaps across the battlefield, raking her foe.
    • Armor Shredder – The Ranger uses her combat prowess to focus attacks on the weaker parts of her opponents armor, dealing damage and reducing their overall armor value for a brief time.
    • Poison Needles – The Ranger throws out a cone of poison tipped needles, recoiling opponents, damaging them and debilitating their movement speed.
    • Poison Dart – A larger dart is used to deliver a large single dose of poison, damaging the opponent over time, reducing their health recovery and debilitating their movement speed.

    Buffs:
    • Fury – The Vixen gathers their wild fury and focusing it into accurate strikes. Self +hit buff.
    • Rage Tonic – The Ranger imbues a tonic that that wells their rage outward, increasing damage and the chance for a critical strike.
    • Evasion – The Ranger focuses on defense, slipping through any bonds that may restrict her and increasing dodge and armor.

    Debuffs:
    • Fox Howl – The Vixen howls, damaging nearby foes and causing them do reduced damage for a short time after.
    • Hypnotize – The Vixen lures her foe in through a daze, damaging them and stunning them for a brief time.

    Utility:
    • Bandage – The Ranger uses their training to recover health and mana. This ability is best used out of combat, as taking damage will cancel the benefits.
    Mine's better .

  13. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    678
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 18 Times in 14 Posts

    Default

    Hi Sam, i think that Fury skill is a waste seeing that at high lvl,with equips we have about 200% hit for a dex base toon and Fury skill will be obsolete. How about change it to some useful skill like something that buff all wolfs in party. Seeing that in reality wolfs are hunting in pack and they are lot stronger when pack hunting

  14. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hi sam, while practicing ranger skills in pvp i noticed that ranger can't break the mana shield of enchantress like birds do. I thought that armor shredder or hamstring can break but unfortunately it can't as i tried it many times. So i suggest that you make an update to armor shredder or hamstring that can break the enchantress mana shield. I suggest this because its hard to win against mages when using fox with that 3 sec armor and dodge buffs + 10 sec hit% buffs with 30sec cooldown

  15. #14
    Guardian of Alterra JaytB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,494
    Thanks
    982
    Thanked 1,253 Times in 655 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Partyboy View Post
    Hi sam, while practicing ranger skills in pvp i noticed that ranger can't break the mana shield of enchantress like birds do. I thought that armor shredder or hamstring can break but unfortunately it can't as i tried it many times. So i suggest that you make an update to armor shredder or hamstring that can break the enchantress mana shield. I suggest this because its hard to win against mages when using fox with that 3 sec armor and dodge buffs + 10 sec hit% buffs with 30sec cooldown
    You can actually break their shield with the combo. Only problem is that it rarely seems to combo or break mages' shields. I tried to perform that combo in PvE and PvP, and somehow it rarely seems to actually show the yellow combo text. I'm still figuring out if it's something I'm doing wrong or not, but it feels a bit buggy.


    And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

  16. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Hmm, but that rabid bite+hamstring combo is close to suicide with my pure dex fox. If thats the case the option is to switch to str set so i can say that theres a chance to land that combo. Any other combo for fox aside from rabid bite+hamstring?

  17. #16
    Junior Member enchantedfart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    prob not. My fox: Enchantedfart

  18. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    alterra
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    love when people help others understand my domain class

    ){[ The First Cop Fox Of PL ]}( ){[ Editor ]}( ){[ Retired Competitive Player ]}(
    No I Am Not A Try Hard Player Im Just More Strategic Then You So Dont Cry :3

  19. #18
    Luminary Poster Suentous PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Punk in drublic
    Posts
    5,357
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 2,359 Times in 1,330 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    Has same exact body as mage for most gear...
    And gratitude shield looks same as on mage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rab View Post
    love when people help others understand my domain class
    The guy I quoted above you was accualy the first cop fox btw
    \m/,___(-. - ')____,\m/
    defend Kekistan! - No I won't watch or sub ur youtube channel.

  20. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    alterra
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    The guy I quoted above you was accualy the first cop fox btw
    I highly doubt that considering the day fox was released I got 56 in 10 hours but good try (Ranger)(Dps)(bandit)(fox) <====my ogs

    Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

    ){[ The First Cop Fox Of PL ]}( ){[ Editor ]}( ){[ Retired Competitive Player ]}(
    No I Am Not A Try Hard Player Im Just More Strategic Then You So Dont Cry :3

  21. #20
    Luminary Poster Suentous PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Punk in drublic
    Posts
    5,357
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 2,359 Times in 1,330 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rab View Post
    I highly doubt that considering the day fox was released I got 56 in 10 hours but good try (Ranger)(Dps)(bandit)(fox) <====my ogs

    Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk
    Not sure what getting to 56 has to do w anything, as cop wasn't stashable at that time, nor could you have earned one for getting to 56 then.
    But there was one way to do it. Do you know what that was, and what Chad from support had to say about it on the forums?
    It's posible you might have done the same as him but I'm skeptical lel
    \m/,___(-. - ')____,\m/
    defend Kekistan! - No I won't watch or sub ur youtube channel.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Paladin Skill List
    By Samhayne in forum Paladin Class Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 08:47 PM
  2. Warrior skill list
    By tubbies in forum Warrior Class Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-16-2011, 07:18 PM
  3. Avian Skill List
    By v5point0 in forum Archer Class Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 01:54 AM
  4. devs will u ever do this, melee ranger or mage ranger or stuff like tht
    By pvpmaster in forum PL Suggestions and Feedback
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 12:52 AM
  5. Elf Skill List
    By v5point0 in forum Warrior Class Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 06:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •