Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Passive Character Abilities Coming in the Dead City Expansion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

after looking through all the passives I honestly don't think I'll be using any. I was expecting them to be essential like DL.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Pretty boring passives. Just more stats that you can get from armor/weapons. I would have liked to seen more passives that are game changing and affect the playstyle of your character for example:

for warrior:
    Blood Feud - 1% chance to gain 1% of max HP back on each attack. (max of 5% to gain 5% of hp)
    Threatening Presence - Basic attacks gain more aggro per point.
    Spiked armor - 3% of damage taken is reflected back to enemies. (max of 15% reflect)

for rogue:
    Shadow mastery - shadow piercer and shadow veil have their mana requirements lowered by 5%. (max of 25%)
    Bow master - noxious bolt and aimed shot (?) gain 1% damage and 1% critical chance. (max of 5% dmg. and 5% crit)
    Hidden from View - fully charged attacks have a 20% chance to give you a 100% dodge buff for 1 second. (max 100% chance)

for sorcerer:
    Arcane acquisition - mana regen is increased by 2/sec. (max 10/sec)
    Elemental forces - damage done by elemental attacks (fire, frost, lightning, wind) are increased by 2%. (max 10%)
    Silence - your offensive skills have a chance to interrupt the target's skill casting by 10%. (max 50%)

Now these are good passives. Skill points are scarce still and aren't worth throwing away in passives where you will hardly notice a difference.
    Last edited by TheLowerLight; 12-17-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm hoping the new game client shows your health regen and mana regen stats. Because right now it's just a big mystery.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLowerLight:898092
    Pretty boring passives. Just more stats that you can get from armor/weapons. I would have liked to seen more passives that are game changing and affect the playstyle of your character for example:

for warrior:
    Blood Feud - 1% chance to gain 1% of max HP back on each attack. (max of 5% to gain 5% of hp)
    Spiked armor - 3% of damage taken is reflected back to enemies. (max of 15% reflect)

for rogue:
    Shadow mastery - shadow piercer and shadow veil have their mana requirements lowered by 5%. (max of 25%)
    Bow master - noxious bolt and aimed shot (?) gain 1% damage and 1% critical chance. (max of 5% dmg. and 5% crit)
    Hidden from View - fully charged attacks have a 20% chance to give you a 100% dodge buff for 1 second. (max 100% chance)

for sorcerer:
    Elemental forces - damage done by elemental attacks (fire, frost, lightning, wind) are increased by 2%. (max 10%)
    Silence - your offensive skills have a chance to interrupt the target's skill casting by 10%. (max 50%)

Now these are good passives. Skill points are scarce still and aren't worth throwing away in passives where you will hardly notice a difference.
    These are REALLY creative

Those announced by STS r dull and unimaginative. .

Listen to yo fans, STS!
    Oh, wait, wrong company...
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLowerLight View Post

for warrior:

for rogue:

for sorcerer:

100% dodge for 1 sec? no way. you need more than 1 sec for that lol. like 5 secs sounds better lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rantelz View Post
    100% dodge for 1 sec? no way. you need more than 1 sec for that lol. like 5 secs sounds better lol

ahh! BUt look how often you charge your skills. with 5 points, every 3 seconds you are dodging an attack. Nice passive don't you think? I actually think it's pretty overpowered, more than mage's shield so if it was a real passive it would be toned down because in pvp it would be devastating.

Also for kiting, running into a group of mobs with a charged skill, then getting a second to dodge every single hit and getting out of there.
    Last edited by TheLowerLight; 12-18-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLowerLight View Post
    I like your ideas. I would also add:
    "Pet Mastery" - pets stay happy longer by 10-50% and do more damage by 2-10%
    "Luck" - enemies and chests drop items more often by some percent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

i love all these ideas! i hope sts implements some.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I thought , for example if i'm 15lvl, i will have 15active skill points and 15 passive skill point oh well.
    Rogue : 15lvl #Dievukas
    Warrior : 21lvl #Velniasx
    Sorcerer : 16lvl #Velniukas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Velnias View Post
    I thought , for example if i'm 15lvl, i will have 15active skill points and 15 passive skill point oh well.
    Nope, you'll just have 14 points total at level 15.

-----
    Dear STS,
    Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
    Sincerely, everyone.