Thread: Slow Hauntlet Runs - when do you

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Slow Hauntlet Runs - when do you

I've had so many Level 13,14,15 players running Hauntlet today with me.
    I usually like to run it with at least one other level 16.
    Also if the party can not wipe out the first section in under 45 sec, it's time to leave.

Anyone else have little Hauntlet rules like this?
    How slow/bad would a party have to be before you exit? If it takes a minute or more
    on the first area?

Thoughts/Comments?
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

If you're concerned with getting tokens or the title, you're better off getting a group with your friends or guildmates.
    With pugs, there is no way to avoid this. There will always be new people trying out the map who have never been there before.

I've only done random Hauntlet group once or twice and when it passed the 30 sec mark and we were still in the first room, I left.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Unfortunately some of us don't have many friends in AL yet as we've only been playing a short time. I have a few friends from PL, but none of them seem to be online very often. So my only choice is to join random games. So my rules are that when I join I want to see nobody lower than level 15, and at least one other level 16. If not, then I leave and join again. Otherwise the end result is that I end up having to spam 20 or 30 health pots and sometimes we still don't finish in less than 3:30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I just do solo runs when it comes to Hauntlet. I can always get under 3 minutes alone but if I get stuck with a bad party I can take longer which I find crazy.

I blame the people who don't take out the necromancer mages right away and let them spawn tons of additional mobs to fight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Unfortunately some of us don't have many friends in AL yet as we've only been playing a short time. I have a few friends from PL, but none of them seem to be online very often. So my only choice is to join random games. So my rules are that when I join I want to see nobody lower than level 15, and at least one other level 16. If not, then I leave and join again. Otherwise the end result is that I end up having to spam 20 or 30 health pots and sometimes we still don't finish in less than 3:30.
    There's a simple solution to that: Make new friends. I know there are a lot of bad pickles out there, but there are a handful of nice people here in the forum and in game. Saying "Hi" is a good start.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
    There's a simple solution to that: Make new friends. I know there are a lot of bad pickles out there, but there are a handful of nice people here in the forum and in game. Saying "Hi" is a good start.
    Yes, of course. In PL I got tons of friends and since I'm a merchant, everyone knows me there. I'm sure eventually I will be a merchant in AL and will have plenty of friends, but I just started playing AL recently so I'm playing "catch-up" at the moment and trying to get everything done before the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I will usually leave before we start if 2 are under 15. If we do not clear first room quickly, I stay until we clear, then leave. I feel that I am being rude if I leave in the heat of battle.
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

there is always be 1st times in all thing, many people under 15 is 1st times do hauntled, so they dont know what going on. I quite often fight fallen warrior alone because other people still try kill all mops in second room even there is information about area clear. But that ok, just hope next times they dont do it any more. I just leave the map if my toon die, mostly my rogue, because we dont get coin if die.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I did it with some guildies and made it in 1min 22sec xP but they held off boss i ran to line xD they were all lvl 16 rogues with beastly gear!

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If it takes longer than a minute to clear the first room, or if I or other people die in the first room, I usually just leave. I can solo Hauntlet in 3:30 so unless having a party makes it noticeably faster and/or easier, I don't see the point of it.
    Tuik - Rogue
    Pululu - Warrior